Teams Parramatta

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
I’m still trying to keep a lid on it, these blokes have let me down far too often.
Good to be playing exciting Rugby though and set ourselves up nicely

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
My mum is 87 and has been a Parramatta supporter for 70 of those. She hasn't been in really good health lately. I would love her to see another premiership in her life. Hope they can get the job done, especially as my Doggies are nowhere near it this year.

I had an uncle who was a life-long North Sydney fan, he was 9/10 years old when he saw their two premierships in 1921 and 1922. In the 1990's his health started to fail him, he survived throat cancer and a few other illness, but battled through the mid 1990's because Norths had built a competitive enough side that they were capable of competing for another premiership. Unfortunately they never made another Grand Final and were merged with Manly at the end of 1999. He never got see another Norths Premiership and passed away a few months after the merger.

I wish your mum good health. And better luck than my uncle.

I am a little selfish with the last part. :)

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Just scraped over the line yesterday

Good to grind out a win every now and then but we need to improve, feel we may tire a bit as the season wears on. Looks like the Panthers, Chooks and Storm are travelling better than us currently.

We really need to be up and about when we play the Storm in a few weeks time and bring the right attitude to the contest, it'll be our next real tester. No shame in losing to Manly away I think the other week, imo they're a decent team with a few guys out, but that first half we were deplorable against them, can't be like that against the Storm.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Yeah it was a bit scratchy, against an improving, but let's face it, still limited Bulldogs side.

Parramatta used to have huge support in Canberra before the Raiders came along. I remember in the early 80's when we won 3 premierships in a row, about 90% of the folks in the street were Parramatta supporters and every house would have a Parramatta flag, poster or blue & gold ribbons hanging in the windows on Grand Final day, and there would be a big barbeque at a neighbours house and the entire street would sit in front of the TV and watch the game together. Good times. :)

As for the current Eels, we are still playing well enough to win which is a good sign, but we do need to step it up over the next fortnight against the Sharks and Dragons. The following game is against the Storm and that will be a huge game for both teams.

I'm in Hobart but was born in Sydney and have supported Parra since 1976. Lived in Brisbane from 1981 to 1998 and ******* tens of thousands of Eels fans up there. Games on the Goldy are almost home games given the noise our fans make there. Sometimes like that at Suncorp too, especially in 2017 when Semi scored 4 and the boys put 50 on the Donkeys.

Team is barely going at the moment but 3 wins out of the last 4 while playing poorly is a very good sign.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I'm in Hobart but was born in Sydney and have supported Parra since 1976. Lived in Brisbane from 1981 to 1998 and ******* tens of thousands of Eels fans up there. Games on the Goldy are almost home games given the noise our fans make there. Sometimes like that at Suncorp too, especially in 2017 when Semi scored 4 and the boys put 50 on the Donkeys.

Team is barely going at the moment but 3 wins out of the last 4 while playing poorly is a very good sign.
Yeah I've noticed some games at Suncorp we've had a few thousand fans in over the years

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Is it just me, or does Parra seem to have a few interstate fans in here like myself?

Not many Sydney/GWS posters across the 4 pages, like only 3-4
Yeah, Adelaide based supporter here but when my Grandparents moved from the UK to Australia in the 50’s they settled in the Mt Druitt region initially and so Parramatta were the the local side and he started following them religiously and he was a member for many years in which I attended games with him. The funny thing is Mum became a Balmain supporter and my youngest brother is a mad Chooks member who pre Covid had attended nearly every Easts game home and away for about the last 5 years

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yeah, Adelaide based supporter here but when my Grandparents moved from the UK to Australia in the 50’s they settled in the Mt Druitt region initially and so Parramatta were the the local side and he started following them religiously and he was a member for many years in which I attended games with him. The funny thing is Mum became a Balmain supporter and my youngest brother is a mad Chooks member who pre Covid had attended nearly every Easts game home and away for about the last 5 years
My aunt lived around the Parramatta area for over 20 years, so whenever I went up there for holidays every couple of years we'd go out for tea, or hit up Westfield there or something

So was a pretty easy call for me to jump on them in high school around 2000-01

I don't hate the Storm, but don't like them either, nothing endearing about them imo.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Good result today

Felt Cronulla handled the conditions better as the game went on, but their lack of the clinical finish in front of the sticks cost them in the end, Johnson and Ramen were beast for them.

The Blakes out on the right had stinkers, Waqa in particular, needs to improve in those conditions, fumbled far too often which could've costed us.

Felt our big boys as a unit put in a good grind though, Nath Brown and RCG in particular, need Matters to come back though, we miss him. Moses and Dylan Brown had good games too, Moses boot was the difference in the end. Gutho had his moments too.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I've noticed some games at Suncorp we've had a few thousand fans in over the years
I think Parra are very popular in QLD due to glory years in the 80s and being successful every one jumped on board before the broncos come in 1988 and it become nsw & qld club competition.

A lot of Sydneysiders who move up to qld to live as well probably go as they only see them once a year.

And Parra is the most popular nrl team outside of possibly souths.

Imagine if they havent gone 34 years without winning one as well. I thought they would have lost a generation of fans but popular as ever

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Parra are very popular in QLD due to glory years in the 80s and being successful every one jumped on board before the broncos come in 1988 and it become nsw & qld club competition.

A lot of Sydneysiders who move up to qld to live as well probably go as they only see them once a year.

Imagine if they havent gone 34 years without winning one as well. I thought they would have lost a generation of fans but popular as ever

Brisbane by far the most popular. But yes of the Sydney sides Parra would be close.

I had a soft spot for the eels as a kid because they were so routinely ordinary. But as I got to know a lot of their more parochial fans their ongoing failures , along with those of St George (2010 excepted), have provided me with so much mirth. There have basically been three certainties that I grew up with in rugby league - that Parra would continually underwhelm even when it looked like they could not possibly fail (see 2001), St George would always find a way to choke (again with the exception of when they beat us in 2010 and to be fair were far and away the best team in the comp), and Cronulla would never win anything and thus supply a never-ending stream of trophy cabinet jokes for all my Sharks fan brethren. Curse you 2016

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brisbane by far the most popular. But yes of the Sydney sides Parra would be close.

I had a soft spot for the eels as a kid because they were so routinely ordinary. But as I got to know a lot of their more parochial fans their ongoing failures , along with those of St George (2010 excepted), have provided me with so much mirth. There have basically been three certainties that I grew up with in rugby league - that Parra would continually underwhelm even when it looked like they could not possibly fail (see 2001), St George would always find a way to choke (again with the exception of when they beat us in 2010 and to be fair were far and away the best team in the comp), and Cronulla would never win anything and thus supply a never-ending stream of trophy cabinet jokes for all my Sharks fan brethren. Curse you 2016

Pretty true there they were the 3 certainties as a kid.

And as a parra fan since i was 6 and being a season ticket holder since then in 2000 when my nan got me a season ticket and going to nearly every home game for 20 years. It has been nothing but pain and disappointment especially at finals time. I can feel it already everyone just waiting for us to choke.

I was there in 2001 at the GF as a 7 year old thinking we would play in the grand final every year. As we broke every possible record and it would be just the same next year not understanding how hard it is to win a comp. And 20 years later still haven't seen us win one and its my greatest fear in life is never seeing them win a comp

Its why i wont believe it until i see it. As 2005 was another choke. And 2009 was just plain unlucky losing to a team that were found 6 months later over the cap.

I do appreciate and become jealous at the same time when teams like the sharks and dragons broke their droughts. Hoping to experience the same joy one day.

And same in the AFL when the Dogs and richmond broke their droughts in recent years

Melbourne and st kilda are the only 2 with a longer drought than Parramatta in aussie sport atm.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty true there they were the 3 certainties as a kid.

And as a parra fan since i was 6 and being a season ticket holder since then in 2000 when my nan got me a season ticket and going to nearly every home game for 20 years. It has been nothing but pain and disappointment especially at finals time. I can feel it already everyone just waiting for us to choke.

I was there in 2001 at the GF as a 7 year old thinking we would play in the grand final every year. As we broke every possible record and it would be just the same next year not understanding how hard it is to win a comp. And 20 years later still haven't seen us win one and its my greatest fear in life is never seeing them win a comp

Its why i wont believe it until i see it. As 2005 was another choke. And 2009 was just plain unlucky losing to a team that were found 6 months later over the cap.

I do appreciate and become jealous at the same time when teams like the sharks and dragons broke their droughts. Hoping to experience the same joy one day.

And same in the AFL when the Dogs and richmond broke their droughts in recent years

Melbourne and st kilda are the only 2 with a longer drought than Parramatta in aussie sport atm.

If you work hard enough you can cheapen any other team's success and I try to do that with St George fans when they brag - "Ok two teams, well done on combining two whole clubs and winning 1 premiership in 21 years."

That 2001 grand final was one of the great ambushes. I don't think to this day Newcastle are given enough credit for that performance, they actual had a really good roster.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

I thought we were midtable in terms of fans (talking from a Sydney/NSW pov), yeah I knew the Rabbitohs were popular, but thought successful sides like Manly and the Chooks would have more fans

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

2016 elite ;)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
If you work hard enough you can cheapen any other team's success and I try to do that with St George fans when they brag - "Ok two teams, well done on combining two whole clubs and winning 1 premiership in 21 years."

That 2001 grand final was one of the great ambushes. I don't think to this day Newcastle are given enough credit for that performance, they actual had a really good roster.
Yeah they got the jump on us that day IIRC, we clawed back into it, but they held on

I don't mind the Knights, they play a good brand, have some exciting players atm. Feel they're on an upwards trajectory atm.

Back