Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting player named in the Reserves for Glenelg.....Mitch Martin. must have done his quarantine.. :)

Edit : Must have missed him last week I see he kicked a goal for them last week
How'd Mitch go? Another Wimmera/GVW Rebel boy that you would have an eye on.

How'd Mitch go? Another Wimmera/GVW Rebel boy that you would have an eye on.
Can't help you there, there's virtually zero news on the SANFL Reserves coming out this year, no stats, not even match reports.

Can't help you there, there's virtually zero news on the SANFL Reserves coming out this year, no stats, not even match reports.
That's cos none of the footy reporters have a job anymore even the qafl scores up here aren't making the paper

That's cos none of the footy reporters have a job anymore even the qafl scores up here aren't making the paper
AFL Draft Central is about the only media that does have reports on most levels of interstate footy but it's disappointing the coverage given to the State League lower levels generally.

Some of the SANFL clubs give a Reserves and U18 match report but Glenelg's is very, very basic with just the coach giving a VERY short report.

AFL Draft Central is about the only media that does have reports on most levels of interstate footy but it's disappointing the coverage given to the State League lower levels generally.

Some of the SANFL clubs give a Reserves and U18 match report but Glenelg's is very, very basic with just the coach giving a VERY short report.
Totally agree , as a draft watch I would not know anything about whats happening in NSW, Qld gets some coverage as its basically the third comp with the NEAFL players in it,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta go key position players imo, a key forward preferable but that’s what I’d go for at the pies
If Tanner Bruhn (or by some landslide s**t Holland's) is there I'd be taking them above any of the KPPs I see being available, they're screaming for a good user of the footy in the middle, been a big hole in their team with Pendles out
Hell If they've got a pick at 16+ a big on Brandon Walker to put on the wing would be good as well

If Tanner Bruhn (or by some landslide sh*t Holland's) is there I'd be taking them above any of the KPPs I see being available, they're screaming for a good user of the footy in the middle, been a big hole in their team with Pendles out
Hell If they've got a pick at 16+ a big on Brandon Walker to put on the wing would be good as well
They have plenty of midfielders waiting in the wings, they have bugger all quality talls especially young ones.

They have plenty of midfielders waiting in the wings, they have bugger all quality talls especially young ones.
Of those mids waiting in the wings how many are actually good kicks under the pressure? I agree their tall stocks are grim, but if there's no quality disposal coming in (especially Bruhn/ Holland's quality) they run the risk of turning into a Hawthorn/ Melbourne, a team of ball winners with very few good users

I'm more talking in the context of your rolling phantom as well, Bruhn at a pick 11 is insane value.

Of those mids waiting in the wings how many are actually good kicks under the pressure? I agree their tall stocks are grim, but if there's no quality disposal coming in (especially Bruhn/ Holland's quality) they run the risk of turning into a Hawthorn/ Melbourne, a team of ball winners with very few good users

I'm more talking in the context of your rolling phantom as well, Bruhn at a pick 11 is insane value.
Bianco is one with quality, Ruscoe I would also develop as a midfielder he is a great kick. That’s two already just of the top of my head. They have Daicos to come who by all reports is a classy ball user. They need to strike on a quality young tall while they can

Bianco is one with quality, Ruscoe I would also develop as a midfielder he is a great kick. That’s two already just of the top of my head. They have Daicos to come who by all reports is a classy ball user. They need to strike on a quality young tall while they can
Fair enough, I agree with all of that expect I doubt Bianco turns into the in the guts type of plauer. If they truly see Daicos as a top 5 type player, would it be worth trading next year's first and this year's to move up for a Thilthorpe/McDonald?

Fair enough, I agree with all of that expect I doubt Bianco turns into the in the guts type of plauer. If they truly see Daicos as a top 5 type player, would it be worth trading next year's first and this year's to move up for a Thilthorpe/McDonald?
Not out of the question, Cox could become available though and he can play both ends very well, I don’t think in terms of quality that Cox and Reid are so far behind those too few that you would give up so much.

With the possibility of the Vics not playing any football and the draft being limited to two rounds or two picks per team, any chance you can give us your top 50 rankings?

edPS, I think you have this right for Adelaide. We need everything (LOL!), but mids especially. Would be very happy with Hollands & Poulter.

I think we'd only pick up a tall at the top-end of the draft, if we gained another pick (e.g. from Brad Crouch FA). Then Thilthorpe and McDonald would come into calculation.

The only way this approach may change is if we happen to pick up some reasonable fringe mids during the trade period, e.g Dunstan, Fiorini, Brodie, Jack Graham, maybe to tide us over, in terms of mids, to the next National Draft.

edPS, I think you have this right for Adelaide. We need everything (LOL!), but mids especially. Would be very happy with Hollands & Poulter.

I think we'd only pick up a tall at the top-end of the draft, if we gained another pick (e.g. from Brad Crouch FA). Then Thilthorpe and McDonald would come into calculation.

The only way this approach may change is if we happen to pick up some reasonable fringe mids during the trade period, e.g Dunstan, Fiorini, Brodie, Jack Graham, maybe to tide us over, in terms of mids, to the next National Draft.
Yeah plenty still to play out which is why it’s a rolling mock and will obviously change the closer we get to the actual draft. I’m sure the players you can potentially bring in will change the drafting strategy.

Rantall is another, I believe his kicking has improved. Wasn't that a knock on him last year, and why he slid down the draft? What's Reef like with the ball?

Rantall is another, I believe his kicking has improved. Wasn't that a knock on him last year, and why he slid down the draft? What's Reef like with the ball?
Yeah Rantalls kicking will never be his strength I reckon but his workrate and ability to win the contested ball is right up there.

Reef has been classier by hand than by foot in the games I’ve seen but yeah I wouldn’t say kicking is something of note in his overall package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back