The football video games thread

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Season 4 managed to get to 8th in the PL with Southend. Was thinking of moving on in the summer but got knocked back from a heap of big jobs that came up. Thinking now I can get this group into Europe

Added Leao, Guth (regen), Lookman, CHO, Davies, Sessengon, Fry and Ruegg this summer.

Spent 46m but made over 40m in sales; Burkhardt (17m) who only scored 6 goals across 2 seasons as a backup striker the best sale of the lot. Tanganga who was a beast for me in the first 3 seasons now gone to AEK Athens for 5m (bought for 600k). Leon Guwara sold for 12m (18 months easlier got him for 1.5m from PSV)

Last edited:

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
On a non football video game note, with The Last of Us 2 coming out next week, I spent the last week completing the original.

From the reviews today, the second one sounds a fair bit more violent e.g. killing dogs who can sniff your tracks apparently.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
On a non football video game note, with The Last of Us 2 coming out next week, I spent the last week completing the original.

From the reviews today, the second one sounds a fair bit more violent e.g. killing dogs who can sniff your tracks apparently.
Getting incredible reviews too

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Smashing the 03/04 DB on FM19.

I won the league easily, lost in the quarters of the CL to United and lost the FA Cup to Chelsea.

My squad is as follows

Lehmann
Lauren Carvalho Campbell Cole
Carrick Vieira
Simao--------------------Pires
Adriano----Henry
Robben
Messi
Essien
Cesc
Robinho
Tevez
Dunn
--
Alves
P. Ferreira
Kompany
Vidic
Toure
Lahm
Clichy
Gilberto Silva
Parlour
Jeffers

I'm about to agree a deal with Xavi for his buyout of 24m. So will probably drop Adriano and play three in the middle.

Henry scored 31 goals last season. Pires is wild as well, Robben a great option on the bench. Probably too stacked at RB, but Alves for 16m and 20 years old was a no brainer.

CR7 destroys me every time, just like real life. United have added Frings, Jankulovski, Yobo and Thuram and to their already great squad.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Started a new FM20 game with Brentford, 45 wins and 1 draw in first season to get promotion.

Bout to start my 2nd, just signed Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips for about 75M combined, it's the hardest work permit scenario so I need loads of Brits basically.

On another note, absolutely cannot wait for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out later in the year, but to fully enjoy it, I'm going to need a rtx 3080 when they come out in September I think...

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Started a new FM20 game with Brentford, 45 wins and 1 draw in first season to get promotion.

Bout to start my 2nd, just signed Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips for about 75M combined, it's the hardest work permit scenario so I need loads of Brits basically.

On another note, absolutely cannot wait for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out later in the year, but to fully enjoy it, I'm going to need a rtx 3080 when they come out in September I think...
Jeez how did you get so much to spend?!

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Cruyff14 and anyone else looking for bargain entertainment during lockdown - PES 2020 reduced from $40 to $9.98 on PSN store. Hard to say no at that price.
I bought it last year on release.

Fifa 21 is finally going to make some decent updates to the career mode it looks like, long overdue.
21 is the first one in a long time I am contemplating not buying.

Fifa 21 is finally going to make some decent updates to the career mode it looks like, long overdue.
Apparently while you are simming a game you can go in during it and play. Something that you could do during the PS2 days.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I had no idea this thread was here!

I discovered FM after losing my job due to the rona. After a slow start I’m fully addicted now.

I’m curious about some of the random challenges people do. In need a break from my current save.

I’ve seen the Pentagon challenge, but I’m not there yet. I’ve seen the reddit guy who invented the Millwall shithousing challenge.

What are some of the other ideas people try?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Punt Road Feral

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Road's Manure Pit
AFL Club
Richmond
I had no idea this thread was here!

I discovered FM after losing my job due to the rona. After a slow start I’m fully addicted now.

I’m curious about some of the random challenges people do. In need a break from my current save.

I’ve seen the Pentagon challenge, but I’m not there yet. I’ve seen the reddit guy who invented the Millwall shithousing challenge.

What are some of the other ideas people try?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've got no idea if you call it a challenge but i'm trying the Bulgarian second division and aiming for regular continental action after 4 seasons.
The team I chose was Lokomotiv Sofia. They seem to have relatively decent facilities for this level of football.
With a 22,000 seat stadium I'm hoping Europa brings the crowds and $$$ in if i eventually get there.

Another challenge I tried was playing with Queens Park in the Scottish lower leagues. Insanely difficult as the club is set at amateur status and cannot be changed due to the clubs motto. They play at Hampton Park which is the Scottish national stadium which enticed for a few reasons.
If eventually i got them into the SPL they'd get reasonable crowds especially hosting other Glasgow clubs in Rangers & Celtic.
They recieve an injection of money from the Scottish FA as the national team plays there often and it's annual rent.
They also have very good youth facilities so you can unearth some decent talent but they get poached quickly too.

As an amateur club it means that literally no player was paid. So it's very hard to entice decent players and if they are any good they get poached and leave for free at a drop of a hat. I found the best way to manage it was sign a lot of depth just in case that happened and if they were approached by other clubs try to renew their contract to convince them to stay.
My FM18 save it took me 4-5 seasons but got promoted out of the third tier via play offs but halfway through the championship i'm really struggling against sides like Dundee and Motherwell and am not getting the results to stay out of serious danger.

I honestly think it's impossible to go any further and would love to meet the person who could take them to the clubs ceiling.
I believe in real life they've actually changed the clubs constitution to go part time as they almost got relegated from the bottom tier and if they continued with the tradition may jeopardise it's existence.

Back