Analysis Dangerfields drop in form

Remove this Banner Ad

You know it won't last don't you?
What you are seeing now from Guthrie, Menegola, Tuohy and a couple others is not what we are going to get in the crunch games at end of the year (or even in finals).
It's a continual pattern at this club so that will mean Dangerfield and Selwood will be carrying the load when they shouldn't have to be.

Cant be bothered engaging in the clickbait today. Maybe another time sport

He was a cowardly dog.

For a bloke who got arrested on a football field i have no idea how he is even allowed in the hall of fame... What a player does off the field has nothing to do with his football career... But this was a criminal act ON THE FIELD... Should literally be the definition of inelligible for hall of fame status

Anyways, leave it alone.
You know where I stand with the club and I certainly know your stance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyways, leave it alone.
Truce. You leave me be and that'll be the end of it. :thumbsu:
Best of luck in lockdown (sincerely).

Bow down son, the oracle has spoken.

Im sure your already well aware but there are a handful of trolls lurking around the geelong boards who just like to throw the same stuff around. Sometimes im in the mood but more lately im not as there isnt anything new to add and there isnt anything new they can add either. Its pretty boring half of it. If it gets a bit more interesting i jump into it but the guy above is just a broken record.

cats_09 dazbroncos David the Cat any chance of a quick sweep up of the s**t in here? This isnt the chris scott thread

Last edited:
Anyways, leave it alone.

Truce. You leave me be and that'll be the end of it. :thumbsu:
Best of luck in lockdown (sincerely).

Glad to see you both finally agree on something and that's the need to leave each other alone - if that does get to hard though, there's the ignore user option

Sometimes looks like he isn't going to strike the ball properly with his boot as he is running at top speed.
Akermanis did it all the time but he was poetry in motion when he ran at full speed and kicked.

Still, when Danger has a set shot and he's only 20, 30 out, I never trust him to kick it. Get him anywhere around fifty or beyond, he's a beautiful shot. Strange phenomenon but many players do it.
Akermanis remains one of my top 5 players of all time due to that. I loved watching him in full flight, perfectly balanced, thinking which foot will he use to kick this 60 m goal.

Last edited:
Akermanis remains one of my top 5 players of all time due to that. I loved watching him in full flight, perfectly balanced, thinking which foot will he use to kick this 60 m goal.

He was great. At the time I look back and he used to make me angry sometimes.
Cause he'd talk himself up but he'd bloody deliver! Every time.
But he was so skillful and is not mentioned in the great players as much as he should.
Cause he was one of the best.
I believe he was a right footer. I think.
But I dunno, left foot from 60 against the dogs and was effortless. Half post height.
That is brilliant.

Last edited:
Never saw him play. TBH all I've seen is him breaking that point post about 100 times and him knocking out Bruns.
But just on stats he seems unbelievable. Like the best player ever.

One thing you can be sure of - he wasn't 'tough' as is often claimed. He was a dirty sniper.

He nailed a few guys in his time, but oddly enough, almost always did it when the guy was looking the other way.

And on skill, give me GAS.

One thing you can be sure of - he wasn't 'tough' as is often claimed. He was a dirty sniper.

He nailed a few guys in his time, but oddly enough, almost always did it when the guy was looking the other way.

I don't like comparing players to Gaz. What's the point? Then everyone's crap.
Was actually better on the left than Gaz though and that is saying something.
As far as sniping? It was in the 2000's! Tame really.
Was tough mentally. Used to cop tons of s**t cause he was a w***ker, and used to pile pressure on himself and deliver.
Very skilfull player.

I don't like comparing players to Gaz. What's the point? Then everyone's crap.
Was actually better on the left than Gaz though and that is saying something.
As far as sniping? It was in the 2000's! Tame really.
Was tough mentally. Used to cop tons of sh*t cause he was a w***ker, and used to pile pressure on himself and deliver.
Very skilfull player.
Oh s**t. I thought you were talking about Aker Cataholic.
Ahh yeah, not tame with Matthews that's for sure lol
Have heard he sniped always not looking.
That isn't tough at all. That's cowardly.

Oh sh*t. I thought you were talking about Aker Cataholic.
Ahh yeah, not tame with Matthews that's for sure lol
Have heard he sniped always not looking.
That isn't tough at all. That's cowardly.

Geez, you had me there for a moment! I wondered what you were on about lol......

You watch his clip of 'hits' on guys - nearly always from behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, you had me there for a moment! I wondered what you were on about lol......

You watch his clip of 'hits' on guys - nearly always from behind.
He seems like a sociopath that played footy. I've heard a story of him punching on with his brother.
A real campaigner. Like a bloke who'd cut your breaklines if you said the wrong thing to him.
Never can arsed watching the Matthews highlights. Too boring.

Just on that topic, someone who WAS entertaining.
I heard Jacko thought Trevor Barker was a bit of a tosser so put a brick under his brake pedal and he crashed into a wall lol

We have him signed until the end of 2024. Still can't believe the club was stupid enough to sign him up for that long. Boys club

Matthews set the tone early in games though. He use to get smashed, get up and continue to dominate the game. He was the ultimate pinball machine just as Snr was for us.
It is why many regard Matthews as one of the toughest ever. He hit guys but he always took his as well.
You just have to go onto YouTube and watch old matches. There are now hundreds of full match replays (plenty of Geelong) and you will see why he's regarded as the best, or thereabouts.

Buddha Hocking was as tough as they get. Same as Matthews. hit blokes but never shirked a contest when he knew it was his time to cop it.
Not many players were like that.

Im sure your already well aware but there are a handful of trolls lurking around the geelong boards who just like to throw the same stuff around. Sometimes im in the mood but more lately im not as there isnt anything new to add and there isnt anything new they can add either. Its pretty boring half of it. If it gets a bit more interesting i jump into it but the guy above is just a broken record.

cats_09 dazbroncos David the Cat any chance of a quick sweep up of the sh*t in here? This isnt the chris scott thread

Spot on mate. I have put some people on mute and it makes my experience on here so much better but I had to be cowed down and stop engaging regularly before i saw the light and put them on ignore.

The key is anyone who continually holds the same opinions regardless of whether the facts change are not worth listening to. You can tell the people who have opinions and are happy to change them if they seem wrong and they are worth engaging with. Everyone will have a little positive or negative bent but it's at the extremes that just becomes tiring.

On that note cats look good but do have some questions to answer come finals time. Incidentally what a brilliant problem to have that many teams never ever do.

Spot on mate. I have put some people on mute and it makes my experience on here so much better but I had to be cowed down and stop engaging regularly before i saw the light and put them on ignore.

The key is anyone who continually holds the same opinions regardless of whether the facts change are not worth listening to. You can tell the people who have opinions and are happy to change them if they seem wrong and they are worth engaging with. Everyone will have a little positive or negative bent but it's at the extremes that just becomes tiring.

On that note cats look good but do have some questions to answer come finals time. Incidentally what a brilliant problem to have that many teams never ever do.

agree entirely.

they do have questions to answer come finals but for mine until finals come what’s the point talking about finals in home away games?? It’s used by trolls to try and put down any win we have By saying “ well we won’t do that in september bla bla negative negative” but what a simply loser mentality that is?? Don’t bother watching footy at all if you want to carry on with crap like that.

We are doing everything we can right now in the home and away season and until we actually get to finals and if we make it, we will then deal with our finals issues when they are relevant for us in the actual finals. What I did notice thought is these trolls generally go missing during the weeks of finals leading up because they are scared to bits that we will actually play well and they will cop s**t for it. They will only surface after a finals loss. It’s the entire cowards package. Some people are just more negative with views than others are, no different when it comes to how they view football.

see how we go on the weekend against port Adelaide.. expecting a huge game and a real test for us. Hopefully dangerfield rips port a new one and puts in a BOG. He is due for it!

agree entirely.

they do have questions to answer come finals but for mine until finals come what’s the point talking about finals in home away games?? It’s used by trolls to try and put down any win we have By saying “ well we won’t do that in september bla bla negative negative” but what a simply loser mentality that is?? Don’t bother watching footy at all if you want to carry on with crap like that.

We are doing everything we can right now in the home and away season and until we actually get to finals and if we make it, we will then deal with our finals issues when they are relevant for us in the actual finals. What I did notice thought is these trolls generally go missing during the weeks of finals leading up because they are scared to bits that we will actually play well and they will cop sh*t for it. They will only surface after a finals loss. It’s the entire cowards package. Some people are just more negative with views than others are, no different when it comes to how they view football.

see how we go on the weekend against port Adelaide.. expecting a huge game and a real test for us. Hopefully dangerfield rips port a new one and puts in a BOG. He is due for it!

Totally agree. My dad told me years ago that when the champions are just going they are inevitably carrying something. I reckon Danger has been but there were just glimpses in the third quarter of that real explosiveness back. Maybe its just cause he was in the middle because he is the laziest forward at chasing ever. I kind of like it cause he's old school. He's like "not for me let the monkey minions do it and I'll deliver the big stuff". In fact he said in an interview the other night its good being down there cause the little players can chase for him. lazy bugger!

Sometimes looks like he isn't going to strike the ball properly with his boot as he is running at top speed.
Akermanis did it all the time but he was poetry in motion when he ran at full speed and kicked.

Still, when Danger has a set shot and he's only 20, 30 out, I never trust him to kick it. Get him anywhere around fifty or beyond, he's a beautiful shot. Strange phenomenon but many players do it.
I wish he'd aim at the right goal post for once. All his shots on goal go left. No faith on him kicking any at the moment, last night's goal was a fluke mistake.

Short reminder all...

As the season progresses and the media starts looking at potential AA squad inclusions, Danger is being included in more AA teams than I've seen not

At the same time, some believe the he's form is down, want to focus on that, ignoring that Danger's season ain't actually too bad even if not at the same lofty heights as his past couple of seasons

And apparently the discussion has moved off topic in recent times and we need to return focus to the apparent drop in form by Danger...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back