Review Round 10, 2020 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine for a second that you put your best midfielder up forward for almost an entire quarter. And then imagine that during that time a team kicked half their score and it ended up being the difference in the game.
Finally, imagine that actually wasn't us.

A huge reason we won.

But that effort in that third quarter was huge.
See to me this was a counter to Port not playing an extra back, they also nearly got it out on the fat side several times

Ladhams had a great game. Looked really good when he played short spells down back too.

Butters! He uses the ball brilliantly nearly every time.

A fit and firing Dicko is a wonderful thing.

DBJ...champion!

Clurey, Jonas..rock solid.

Great team effort, especially off the 4 dayer.
Dogs turned up tonight. Their kicking let them down, albeit some tough shots.

Bulldogs are a bunch of ducking, diving, throwing cheats.

I hope Cody Weightman has an absolute s**t career the cheating little campaigner. I'm glad Ollie shoved him into the turf, the 50 and goal were worth it.

Last edited:
See to me this was a counter to Port not playing an extra back, they also nearly got it out on the fat side several times

I'd imagine one of the best midfielders in the game might have helped them get it out to the fat side.

Pretty terrible first half, but we hung in there and were only 3 points down at half time.

The 3rd quarter was our best quarter of the season. Won the game then and there.

Probably took the foot off the pedal in the last, maybe a bit gassed but we got the job done.

That is a very handy win.

8 and 2 with 144%, we would’ve all taken that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Boak wines and SPP quite a lot of time off the ground. Hopefully saving them for next game.

Ladhams is great around the ground he just really needs to work on his ruck craft. He probably wasn’t used to winning hitout so didn’t know what to do.

Butters fantastic.
Rockcliff great 14 tackles enormous.
Dixon contested marks amazing.
Gray looked much better and should have kicked that 3rd goal from Dixon’s great hitout.

Team really needs to work on set shot accuracy, we miss some very easy shots each week.

Will need to play like we did in the third quarter for 3+ quarters each week to beat the top teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good tough win.

Great game by butters, gee he’s a gun

Loved the courage by x, loved hartletts game, he’s back to his very best

Well done Charlie, smashed keath. No good one on one is keefey

Smart game by rocky, great defending by Jonas, McKenzie and clurey

Better effort by ladhams after a disappointing first half. We got smashed early inside.

Is there a bigger ducking side in the afl, and the umps continue to fall for it.

Let’s do the same to richmond

Good win tonight . Things weren’t going our way but we hung tough until we got the game on our terms with that mighty third quarter..
Loved Powel Pepers game and was impressed with a Woodcock being up to speed first game , his ball handling and assessing the congestion was excellent ..Some good players , Darcy again , Houston, Rocky , Jonas , McKenzie , Hartlett , Butters , .
one thing as much as he’s down the last few weeks I reckon Westhoff ruckwork has improved this year , I think he and more importantly Ladhams worked English over in the end .
overall not pretty but important the Dogs threw everything at us but we were better

This is one of the few times I've ever posted on another team's board.
I only popped over to see if it would be possible for anyone to watch that game and believe that you guys got a rough deal with the umpiring.

Well done to the posters that have indicated such beliefs. I'm sincerely impressed, cognitive dissonance truly has no limits.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

Boak wines and SPP quite a lot of time off the ground. Hopefully saving them for next game.

Ladhams is great around the ground he just really needs to work on his ruck craft. He probably wasn’t used to winning hitout so didn’t know what to do.

Butters fantastic.
Rockcliff great 14 tackles enormous.
Dixon contested marks amazing.
Gray looked much better and should have kicked that 3rd goal from Dixon’s great hitout.

Team really needs to work on set shot accuracy, we miss some very easy shots each week.

Will need to play like we did in the third quarter for 3+ quarters each week to beat the top teams.

Ollie and spp only had 50% time on ground, definitely resting them a lot. Boaky was around 70%

Left my backpack with my work laptop in at the predrinks pub before the game. Many thanks to bomberclifford and his awesome lads for giving my a ride back after to pick it up. 😂

Dixon was a beast.
Butters is so clever.
Ladhams is already a nightmare.
Jonas was a rock.
Woodcock impressed on debut.

Oh, and, it's still a goal.
It's a goal in every league in the land.
Except for this professional bush league.
"Clear spike?"

HOW ABOUT CLEAR GOAL CAMPAIGNERS

4a9oem.gif

Last edited:
Well sometimes you just have to win ugly.

I guess we won’t miss the finals from here. We just need another two wins from the remaining 7 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back