Review Round 10, 2020 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

They're clearly coached to do it. No junior coach and would be allowed to teach junior footballers that for the risk of head injuries at a young a age. I'm certain of that fact.

They're obviously coached how to do it cause so many of them do it, it's not 3 or 4 of them, it's over 10 of their players who do it.

It's actually a disgrace to the game.
I hope they day never comes when this causes crippling injury to a player just for the sake of a free kick. Imagine living the rest of your life with that as the tackler :(.

I wish umpires would be alert to it and penalise a few. The message would soon get out there that it doesn't yield the desired result and is a dangerous way to run the ball.

The Wallis one was a shocker. He ducked into a tackle long before there was one and then immediately threw himself to the ground. He should be playing soccer, instead his team is rewarded with a goal.

EDIT : typo

Last edited:
I had too much of Jason ******* Dunstall and his pro Footscray commentary last night. Last night's combination was terrible three Victorians and a Crows Board member.
Catering for their very largely Victorian audience I imagine. I still don't understand why Riccuito is allowed to call our games. The treatment of the Mayes bump was disgraceful, I muted after that. We all know though the MRO doesn't bother to watch himself and the clowns in the box set the agenda.

Impressed by the group's ability to keep winning games when we aren't playing great footy or are having to face short turnarounds. I'd rather look look like 5 cents and win than play like a million bucks and lose. Butters, Jonas and Dixon were huge. Impressed by Hinkley and the coaching staff for putting Rozee and Butters into the midfield group- it changed the course of the game. Woodcock was great in his first game and adds another quality decision maker to our group.

The fact that you and Byon!! chose to refer to events from 5 seasons ago rather than tonight's match, suggests you recognise the truth insinuated by my post.

If you want to watch the mother of all umpiring rides, but actually perceive it, then I suggest that you simply re-watch tonight's game but try to pretend you were a Dog's supporter whilst doing so. I guarantee it will be a frustrating evening's viewing.

Before you get too defensive, I'd like to point out that I actually don't mind Port as a side. I think you have some really good talent coming through and some good mature leaders. Much of tonight's game was a good hard fought contest. It was a genuine shame the biased umpiring impacted so heavily on the game, which might have gone right down to the wire otherwise.

If it was a horse race it would have led to a serious inquiry from the stewards.

Mate, have you been spending too much time with Ben Cousins or what.

You ducked and lowered the knees all night and were rewarded for it constantly, and had about 12 throws which were "missed" by your mates in yellow.

What are you on about that we were favoured, get this through your head, PAFC never ever gets favoured. When its even with the umps we perceive that as us getting favoured as it happens so rarely.

Now do us all a favour and politely go and * off.

Cheers.

Catering for their very largely Victorian audience I imagine. I still don't understand why Riccuito is allowed to call our games. The treatment of the Mayes bump was disgraceful, I muted after that. We all know though the MRO doesn't bother to watch himself and the clowns in the box set the agenda.

They also spent 3 minutes on Rockliff ducking into a high tackle yet said nothing when a Bulldogs player did exactly the same thing in the second quarter. Then there was the Charlie Dixon free when he had his arms chopped in the marking contest then had and arm thrown across his shoulder while being pulled backward and according the Dunstall and King that was a 'lucky' free. Obviously calling games almost every night for ten days means FOXTEL have to use a B team occasionally but why does it have to be us that cops the dregs all the time?

This is probably just me but I found that apart from Ricuitto the other three had similar sounding voices and it was sometimes hard to tell if the comments were coming from Howard, Dunstall or King.

They also spent 3 minutes on Rockliff ducking into a high tackle yet said nothing when a Bulldogs player did exactly the same thing in the second quarter. Then there was the Charlie Dixon free when he had his arms chopped in the marking contest then had and arm thrown across his shoulder while being pulled backward and according the Dunstall and King that was a 'lucky' free. Obviously calling games almost every night for ten days means FOXTEL have to use a B team occasionally but why does it have to be us that cops the dregs all the time?

This is probably just me but I found that apart from Ricuitto the other three had similar sounding voices and it was sometimes hard to tell if the comments were coming from Howard, Dunstall or King.
To be honest they're all B team. Victorian "good blokes" with precious little to add. The ranting in our GD thread is higher quality.

Just watched the 6 minute highlight video.... first goal of the game 2 ducks in the space of seconds. Seems like for a lot of them it is the first option when they get the ball. Seek the free. That can only be a coached thing. It is the first instinct they have. The AFL umpiring department need to be show a montage of all of them. Sadly however, the umpiring fraternity are not smart enough to realise this stuff it appears.

The fact that you and Byon!! chose to refer to events from 5 seasons ago rather than tonight's match, suggests you recognise the truth insinuated by my post.

If you want to watch the mother of all umpiring rides, but actually perceive it, then I suggest that you simply re-watch tonight's game but try to pretend you were a Dog's supporter whilst doing so. I guarantee it will be a frustrating evening's viewing.

Before you get too defensive, I'd like to point out that I actually don't mind Port as a side. I think you have some really good talent coming through and some good mature leaders. Much of tonight's game was a good hard fought contest. It was a genuine shame the biased umpiring impacted so heavily on the game, which might have gone right down to the wire otherwise.

If it was a horse race it would have led to a serious inquiry from the stewards.

3 more free kicks is biased umpiring?

What did you think about this then?

2016_Grand_Final_Sets_Free_Kick_Records___Triple_M.jpg

With the Woodcock non-goal, there’s no way it would be overturned if it was down the other end of the ground. In fact, they wouldn’t have even reviewed it.

The umpire was 2 feet away and called a goal. Surely you need something conclusive, like the ball deviating to overturn. It was a classic umpires call situation.

It's just infuriating how they adjudicate it. Robbed the game of a brilliant moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated:

With both: Played 33, Won 20, Lost 13. 60.6% win rate.
With only Rockliff: Played 10, Won 6, Lost 4. 60% win rate
With neither: Played 2, Won 1, Lost 1. 50% win rate.
With only Wines: Played 9, Won 4, Lost 5. 44.4% win rate.
It is becoming clearer and clearer that we are a better team with Rockliff, regardless of his lack of pace.

He is just so smart defensively at the stoppage.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching replay...

Port player gets taken high and received free kick.
DUNSTALL: He ducked into that and I just do not see what the tackler can do to avoid that.

dogs player ducks into tackle / drops knees FORCING high contact (multiple times).
DUNSTALL: the onus has to be on the tackler to tackle them lower

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Someone make it into a video we can all share.

It's the only way to get change.

Ridicule.

The umpire was 2 feet away and called a goal. Surely you need something conclusive, like the ball deviating to overturn. It was a classic umpires call situation.

It's just infuriating how they adjudicate it. Robbed the game of a brilliant moment.

the infuriating part is how long it takes. The goal umpire called a goal and wanted to see if it hit the post. Instead of going through all the lead up, go straight to snicko

So where do we send our emails?

Fox? 7? AFL house?

The daylight thing lol. We're looking at blurry camera footage being shot from the moon but apparently not being able to clearly see a gap between the ball and the post is evidence that the ball hit the post, even though no clear gap would be evident if the ball was a mm or even a cm away or even just spinning at the wrong angle relative to the post for us to see the gap on that vision. Absolutely idiotic nonsense.

I couldn't watch the game live as I was working, but finally got around to watching it now - pleased with the win of course, but in the final quarter the only thing I kept thinking about was that someone in here had predicted a 13 points win (for any of the sides) and something was telling me that was exactly what was going to happen. I became so obsessed with the 13 points win that part of me was actually relieved Gray didn't have time to score in that final attack. I'm an idiot, I know!

As for the commentary, I thought it amusing how one of them (no idea of their names to be fair, I make no effort to remember them) was feeling so terribly sorry for the Bulldogs during pretty much the whole game - to the point of writing off our comeback to "a couple of lucky goals" or words to that effect. It seemed to have completely eluded him how their first two goals came off a high tackle and a stupid 50 (by a player that really should know better) and one where the defender ******* slipped on the grass. Or that we had a goal ruled out which, it seems to me, would have stood any other day of the week.

Also, I was again impressed by the Port Adelaide crowd. I honestly don't watch that much of the AFL other than Port but on my limited experience, I don't see any other AFL crowd impact the game as Port's does. I love when they go nuts with the umpires and the camera always seems to find the most exasperated supporter in the oval to zoom in on. I can imagine opposing fans trying to take the high moral ground about it and criticising that kind of behaviour but who cares - I love it. And the chanting was amazing at times, really getting behind the players. I don't see much of it when we play in other grounds.

I've always had a soft spot for Footscray because of Caleb Daniel. It just amazed me that a player who's 1.68m tall could be on a premiership winning side. So I was happy to see we've got our own little hobbit as well now, such a shame he was stolen what would've been an amazing goal.

Well, that's another top 8 team beaten, another one that probably won't be top 8 for much longer precisely because we beat them. We are infuriating to watch at times, and that was certainly the case in the first quarter, but they must be doing something right to come back and win despite not necessarily shining all the way through.

Last edited:
Roo was easily the most balanced commentator last night.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've never found him to be particularly anti Port as a commentator. Wasn't he a Port supporter growing up? I suspect he probably secretly wishes he was a Port man rather than being involved with that other rubbish.

So a bulldog supporter with the name of Proffessor believes it's the height of intelligence to sook about last night's umpiring when his team received the golden run of all time in 2016. After such a golden run I'm not surpried that so much of the bulldog's game plan involves ducking

We did what all good teams that aren't having a great night have done since Adam was a boy.... put the foot down when needed (the third quarter) and come away with the chocolates.

That third quarter was pure, old school Port Adelaide. We bank the points and get ready for the next challenge.

I hope the tiggers and lions smash the living suitcases out of each other tonight :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back