Status
Not open for further replies.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Turns out that skip rope I got a year ago was a good investment.

tenor.gif

received_4325188387555086.gif

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seeing all these idiots still flaunting restrictions almost makes me wish the government goes full China. Welding people's doors shut and the like. Always those few idiots ruining it for everyone else.

Singapore are making people who are supposed to be in isolation wear an electronic device

Ah Singapore. It might be that if the person goes outside the get an electronic shock. If they remain outside they are electrocuted :).

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've got a mate who works for worksafe who has been attending construction sites and said around 90% have no record of who has been onsite, no social distancing in place, no hand sanitizer ect ect. Apparently there is now significant spread within the construction industry. I work as a site manager and I am struggling to understand why I and others in the industry have been allowed to continue to work when there are so many less fortunate that are being completely crippled by being forced to stay at home. If they are serious , shut the whole thing down. It's not fair that I can keep working and others can't

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've got a mate who works for worksafe who has been attending construction sites and said around 90% have no record of who has been onsite, no social distancing in place, no hand sanitizer ect ect. Apparently there is now significant spread within the construction industry. I work as a site manager and I am struggling to understand why I and others in the industry have been allowed to continue to work when there are so many less fortunate that are being completely crippled by being forced to stay at home. If they are serious , shut the whole thing down. It's not fair that I can keep working and others can't

They were saying there were logistical safety reasons why they can't completely shut down a large building site and have no-one there BG yesterday. True ?

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They were saying there were logistical safety reasons why they can't completely shut down a large building site and have no-one there BG yesterday. True ?

Hey hojuman , yes I heard dan the man mention this yesterday. It’s completely ludicrous. Was mentioned that it would take 2-3 weeks to make sure sites were properly ‘boarded up and safely secure’ . Everything should be ‘boarded up and safely secure’ when you complete works at the end of each day . It’s my belief that it’s union influence trying to mitigate the impact the new restrictions have on them . As I said , I work in the industry , it’s in my best interest that construction continues but it’s not fair that I can continue to work when others can’t . Particularly when I’ve been advised by a worksafe official that vivid spread is significant within the construction industry

Poorly trained security guards who became overwhelmed by hysterical guests may have been responsible for how COVID-19 escaped into the wider community.

This week’s independent inquiry is expected to hear evidence that guests were begging, banging on walls and even attempting to bribe security guards to let them out for fresh air.

A guest from the Rydges Hotel, which was one of the first to take quarantine travellers, told The Australian “people were going absolutely nuts” on his floor of the hotel, saying they were “asking for Valium” and “begging to be let out and running for the doors”.

He said guards seem ill-equipped to handle the situation. “They were being told no, but the guards had no real authority … they gave the impression they could be talked around. And guests were going up to the security guards, begging and offering money to be let out. It was insane.”

Some guests reportedly advised each other to “lose your sh*t, cry” in order to get outside.
There were constant reports from some "guests" about how bad quarantine was from day one. Especially wrt lack of fresh air and inability to open windows. A lot of people wrote it off as whinging but perhaps it was really something that should have been managed more carefully.

I remember reading somewhere, that sovereign citizens are considered a terrorism threat in Australia.
That's because most terrorism threats are bogus fear mongering and only exist too guarantee regular budget increases

Bet you they couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. To busy arguing.
They are sovereign individuals. They don't do collectivism as it is too much like the beginning of the state.

If they happen to be pissing up in the brewery at the same time it's simply because they are expressing their individuality and exercising their sovereign rights.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Residential building site in my street was shut down earlier in the week after someone working there tested positive.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

We don't deserve it but the people that stoked individualism and relentless pursuit of the self over all other things to make money do.

Then they bitch about why people are not jumping with enthusiasm to all "row in the one direction".

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They are sovereign individuals. They don't do collectivism as it is too much like the beginning of the state.

If they happen to be pissing up in the brewery at the same time it's simply because they are expressing their individuality and exercising their sovereign rights.

What you call "collectivism" is engineered by a psychotic minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back