Toast Tom Jonas and Ollie Wines ... co-150 gamers

Remove this Banner Ad

The former co-captains share a 150 game milestone this week.

Contrasting paths to this milestone.

Ollie gets to game 150 as a 25 year old in his 8th season, drafted as a first round pick. He made his debut in a 79 point win.

TJ gets to game 150 as a 29 year old in his 10th season, doing it the hard way off the rookie list. He debuted in a 165 point loss.

Both have been great contributors over the journey and both appear to be playing much better football now that the co-captaincy fiasco is behind them.

Congrats to both!

Both have been good players for us. TJ arguanly the best value draft pick weve had
A race between TJ and Broges with Pearce in 3rd place at this stage of the race.

TJ has been a fantastic leader in 2020.

Was my pick after the disaster that was 2019 co-captains decisions where both TJ and Ollie had injury and form plagued years.

Ollie is starting to come into his own again in 2020 with a few good games in a row.

Both will be vital cogs in our push for top 4 and finals victories.

Some clubs give out life membership after 150 games. We give it after 10 seasons so TJ joins the list in October. I expect Ollie to get there as well.

Congrats to both. Kinda ironic that they get there on the same day...

Thought Ollie was very strong last night. A few fumbles and a couple of times he didn't give first hands but overall a strong performance in a midfield that was getting beaten. If he's gonna be that type of player I think we need him to stay.

NOt my favourite player over the journey but TJ's form this year is unreal. The number 1 has definitely lifted him.

Lol that is such a wacky coincidence.

Well done to both of you. Have enjoyed watching your best and cried with you at your worst.

Jonas is a rock solid captain.

Wines is getting back to looking like the midfield rock we want him to be.

Jonas has become a phenomenal defender. Makes excellent decisions and backs himself to mark. He's the lynchpin of our great defence and should be AA this year.

Ollie has started to get back into form and seems to be really enjoying his footy this year. Hopefully they both get to 250 with us.

Joint coin toss Saturday night? Jokes, please no!!!!!

TJ has stepped up and is not only playing tremendous footy, but leading from the front. Ollie has had his fair share of set backs, some self inflicted. But playing 150 games of AFL is a wonderful milestone and deserves the credit. Win-win for him to have a great 2020. If he stays, we get value from a solid inside midfielder. If he goes, we get value on the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but did he ever snot a Crows numpty?

He snotted Andrew Gaff which is the West Australian equivalent of a Crows numpty, does that count?

Tom Jonas has been so outstanding the last couple of years I almost totally scrubbed the memory of him being deadset delist material around 2016. I thought his career was beyond salvaging. All credit to him for getting that confidence back and make himself indisposable. I also thought he'd have notched up more than 150 now, he's been around forever.

Quite fitting that these 2 reach the 150 game mi in 5b3 same day. Hopefully Lycett joins the milestone party too. Out of curiosity are Port usually more successful when playing in milestone games or do they lose more?

congratulations to both of them on 150 games for the PAFC. this game against Richmond is going to be ******* massive!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back