Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shes a chance for the "10 most influential AFL figures" list i'd say take Sam Newmans spot.

They really missed out on doing a media 'special' on the WAGS hub . make the 50k back 50 times over
Do it like real housewives

That was one of the worst displays of ruckwork I have ever seen. Neither rucks have any idea how to ruck.

English rucks in reaction to the opponent. Problen is Ladhams has no sight of the ball. He looks at the ball, then his opponent, then moves to where he thinks the ball will be and then misjudges it completly.

English is like a poor man's McEvoy. Tries to nullify his opponent to give his midd a go, but he was nullifying a crab and ended up trying to rove himself, but was poor at that too.

Despite how poor our key forwards have been this year I tell myself at least we do not have Josh Bruce around the club.

Amazing how saints got rid of there leading goal kicker and somehow became a much better FWD line.
Good thing the dogs have Ugle Hagen - bad news it may take him awhile to develop which could be at the end of the Bont, McRae, Libba era.

To me the dogs get far too much media praise when quite frankly they may have the worst FWD line bar Crows. Only Mitch Wallis is good although Weightnsn will become a good player in time.

Dogs spent the game bombing it into the forward line. Plenty of times they could have had leading forwards, but they all hung back waiting. Relied on pressure goals, ala Hawthorn, but they couldn't out pressure Port in the D50.

They have some pressure forwards, and hard running mids, but they doesn't work without a dominant aerial target. Naughton coming back will help, but they need a more direct method.

Bruce is a bonefide scrub when his role is to bring the ball to ground for his opponents. Doesn't get a dominant enough touch on the ball to direct it. Makes it hard for the smalls to read. He's also rubbish in the one-on-one wrestle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one of the worst displays of ruckwork I have ever seen. Neither rucks have any idea how to ruck.

English rucks in reaction to the opponent. Problen is Ladhams has no sight of the ball. He looks at the ball, then his opponent, then moves to where he thinks the ball will be and then misjudges it completly.

English is like a poor man's McEvoy. Tries to nullify his opponent to give his midd a go, but he was nullifying a crab and ended up trying to rove himself, but was poor at that too.
Yep was very hard to watch.

Jeez I put an absolute mozz on anyone I bring into my AFL fantasy team.

My list of casualties are Rowell, Henry, Dunkley, Cunnington, Howe, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Z. Williams and Greene. Who should I put the mozz on next? I’m thinking T. Kelly and Gaff 😂

Gawn or Neale! Ideally both.

So with the Tasmanian Government keep its boarders closed for all of August now I'd really like to think that we could play the majority of our games this month at Optus. Its clearly the closest thing we could hope for as a home ground advantage and I know the AFL won't cater for individual clubs let alone us but fingers crossed. The below article Kennett still holds out hope of us playing games in September down in Tassy but goes on further to say that who knows if there will even be AFL come September with how bad things are getting. What's everyones preference on where we should, could and be able to play our next lot of games after Freo and West Coast?

No the term used by the commentary is that they "like to flick it around" oh the irony!
They spent a bit of time showing Breusts flick pass from few angles but dont seem to dedicate the same amount of attention to the Throwdogs,or Treloar or lots of other grand masters of the art.

They spent a bit of time showing Breusts flick pass from few angles but dont seem to dedicate the same amount of attention to the Throwdogs,or Treloar or lots of other grand masters of the art.
I could show video of Patrick Cripps bringing the ballin his left hand to his right hand and ‘hand balling’ in one motion (a throw) but the reality is A lot of players throw it. Virtually all inside mids including ours. It is now a feature of the sport sadly. They need to do a lot of umpiring work to stamp it out.

So with the Tasmanian Government keep its boarders closed for all of August now I'd really like to think that we could play the majority of our games this month at Optus. Its clearly the closest thing we could hope for as a home ground advantage and I know the AFL won't cater for individual clubs let alone us but fingers crossed. The below article Kennett still holds out hope of us playing games in September down in Tassy but goes on further to say that who knows if there will even be AFL come September with how bad things are getting. What's everyones preference on where we should, could and be able to play our next lot of games after Freo and West Coast?

Obviously stay in Perth

We play well at Optus Stadium

We have a large fanbase in WA, so it would be great if we can reward these fans by them being able to go to say 6 or more games to watch the Hawks live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back