Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate if our forwards got away with the infringements that Richmond’s forwards get away with we’d be unbeatable, in 10 minutes of play I reckon Riewoldt and Lynch infringed 5 times for 0 free kicks against and about 4 goals to the Tigers, Riewoldt was literally giddy with delight at half time.

Anyone noticed how the Tigers yellow stripe perfectly matches the umpires yellow, coincidence?😂

Last edited:
Drop Betts and put Fisher in his spot. SPS to the midfield, absolutely must happen as he is great in the wet. Do not play TDK or Moore as Pitto and Cas can do the ruck work. Bring in another strong And hungry young mid. We will win this!
For mine Eddie is best in wet and want to see him given bursts on the ball as he looked like he did late last week.

he needs to perform this week.......

Have to agree with this.

As much as we all want TDK to succeed and as little as Moore has shown, Moore was our best in the reserves for a prolonged period. It sends the wrong message to the group if TDK doesn’t have to do the same.

Shame for TDK that he didn’t have a chance to back his form up last weekend, really makes it hard for blokes outside the 22

It sends the wrong message to the group if someone as inept at AFL level as Moore is continues to get games in the 1s.

Drop Betts and put Fisher in his spot. SPS to the midfield, absolutely must happen as he is great in the wet. Do not play TDK or Moore as Pitto and Cas can do the ruck work. Bring in another strong And hungry young mid. We will win this!
Fisher is no small forward, he's a midfielder (and IMO comfortably the best midfielder of our 'prospects' after walsh). If he makes it back in the team we need to play him there.

Surely you jest ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish he was joking, but I agree.
DT has made it perfectly clear that they’re going to back in the “reserves” form above all else.
Appears he will overlook poor form in the seniors until prolonged scratch match form forces his hand.
Not the worst policy in the world, despite how lost Moore has looked out there. As has been mentioned elsewhere, until we are mathematically out of the finals race I think the harder bodies will play ahead of the kids.

I wish he was joking, but I agree.
DT has made it perfectly clear that they’re going to back in the “reserves” form above all else.
Appears he will overlook poor form in the seniors until prolonged scratch match form forces his hand.
Not the worst policy in the world, despite how lost Moore has looked out there. As has been mentioned elsewhere, until we are mathematically out of the finals race I think the harder bodies will play ahead of the kids.

Reserves form for Moore was 3 weeks ago

His current AFL form should determine his place on the side

Mate if our forwards got away with the infringements that Richmond’s forwards get away with we’d be unbeatable, in 10 minutes of play I reckon Riewoldt and Lynch infringed 5 times for 0 free kicks against and about 4 goals to the Tigers, Riewoldt was literally giddy with delight at half time.

Anyone noticed how the Tigers yellow stripe perfectly matches the umpires yellow, coincidence?

I saw JR basically dry hump his opponent about 5 seconds before the ball got to the contest and nothing was called.

I cannot agree more re the umpires strip.
From a distance it looks like yellow top with black shorts. I know it’s more of a light green with charcoal shorts, but why can’t they wear the light blue they have previously worn, or - heaven forbid - WHITE?!?

Do you think it's possible that the midfield getting annihilated after quarter time had something to do with that?

Setterfield 8 touches, Kennedy 11 and Walsh 12 touches?

We were smashing them in contested possessions in the first quarter and we ended up losing by 11. That's a solid beating in itself but to get to that number from being up 10 in 1st quarter means we were down 20+ for the rest of the game which is disastrous. The outside players like newnes, SPS, cunginham, murphy etc are largely at the mercy of our mids winning the contested ball in the trenches.

The trend I see is that our midfield largely rises and falls with how pittonet plays. Not good going into a game against Nic Nat this week.
I think part of the reason we do get smashed in the middle is because wingers like Newnes are just never beating their man and providing options to clear congestion. May just be my take on it but I think he's lost most weeks and has provided most value to the team when he's resting forward. On the wing he just gets out worked and out positioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think part of the reason we do get smashed in the middle is because wingers like Newnes are just never beating their man and providing options to clear congestion. May just be my take on it but I think he's lost most weeks and has provided most value to the team when he's resting forward. On the wing he just gets out worked and out positioned.
If we can't teach him to do what Kennedy is trying to do for the side, then ditch Kennedy and drop a proper winger in the mix, I don't understand why we have coaches.

I saw JR basically dry hump his opponent about 5 seconds before the ball got to the contest and nothing was called.

I cannot agree more re the umpires strip.
From a distance it looks like yellow top with black shorts. I know it’s more of a light green with charcoal shorts, but why can’t they wear the light blue they have previously worn, or - heaven forbid - WHITE?!?

IMG_0933.JPG

I’ll echo others sentiments here

Gov/TDK for Moore
Fisher for Cuningham

Wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Honey or O’Brien squeezed into if Murph or Eddie need a rest, if someone pulled up sore, etc.

Wet weather... throw Samo into the middle FFS
Never forget how good Samo was in the wet v Pies playing as a mid. Sigh..

so many asking for sps to play in mid but coaches keep playing him in defence. seems to be a no brainer so i wonder what the coaches are thinking.
Reckon they're simply committed to him playing down back this year unless something really forces their hand. They would see his deficiencies but hoping he just needs time I'm sure.

He's spent most of his life learning to hunt the ball though. He was a top 5 pick on the back of that ability. We're doing him and us no favors.

Sometimes you just have to take the plunge.
If Casboult is unable to ruck-relief and we see Moore at centre bounces......No......No thanks.

It's not about what may somehow work 1 in 10. It's what has the best chance to work.
Gee all we need now is Jimmae to like this post and we have North South East and West all pointing in the same direction against all laws of science....

I’d just love to see Honey given a few games. Just got a feeling he’ll be able to step straight up to the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back