Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Tigers v Lions Tues August 4th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony and lack of self-awareness in this post is stunning.

We keep getting told that not getting on a plane makes it effectively a home game when it comes to games at Marvel...

Perhaps you should check your sense of irony.

We just saw what 4 day breaks do to teams. They were never in and they have an injury. Geelong tomorrow night after just returning from Perth. Collingwood have a stupid fixture as well. Meanwhile the Eagles sit in Perth living it up.

Thought the game deteriorated after half time.

Richmond was coming off 7 days v Sydney (8), 6 days v North (7), 6 days v GWS (6) and 5 days v the Dogs (6). Now have 4 days to Port (5).

Brisbane shouldn't be too disheartened. This wasn't their game to win.

McStay McInerney was great in the ruck, where I thought we'd have a big advantage.

Last edited:

Yes, pretty hard not be aware the Tigers are missing some players, given it was mentioned about every 5 minutes by the commentators during and then immediately after the game...

Interestingly Brisbane also had 5 best 22 players out tonight and came off a four day break compared to a 6 day for Richmond. Richmond won fair and square. Well played they where awesome even scary at times. But the extra level of mayo referencing despite injuries etc.... Isn't really required if not a little misleading.

Thought the game deteriorated after half time.

Richmond was coming off 7 days v Sydney (8), 6 days v North (7), 6 days v GWS (6) and 5 days v the Dogs (6). Now have 4 days to Port (5).
Was there any travel in that run Ron?

How are they comparing Balta and Rance when they are comparing Rance's debut season against Balta's 3rd season as a defender in the best team in the comp?

Maybe because this is Balta's first time actually playing as a defender for us as a permanent position. Been thrown everywhere at VFL level. Forward, Half Back, Ruck, Full Back amd had a stint on the wing at some point. Hell, in his games at AFL level last year played as a KPF.

So yeah, EXACTLY like Rance he has been thrown around, settled and finally found a permanent spot.

They were comparing their first seasons as a KPD. This being Balta's.

We keep getting told that not getting on a plane makes it effectively a home game when it comes to games at Marvel...

Perhaps you should check your sense of irony.

Gabba/Metricon = MCG/Kardinia Park would be a much fairer comparison.

In any case, my irony meter is well calibrated. The criterion was travel, not home ground advantage. If people want to claim that Brisbane travelling to a city an hour away is an unfair advantage to us in terms of travel, you've gotta take a look at Richmonds 2019 season which had 17 games played in two stadia within 6 kilometres of each other.

Interestingly Brisbane also had 5 best 22 players out tonight and came off a four day break compared to a 6 day for Richmond. Richmond won fair and square. Well played they where awesome even scary at times. But the extra level of mayo referencing despite injuries etc.... Isn't really required if not a little misleading.
If you kicked straight it would of been a different story. Probably not have won but would of been close. Unlucky The lions.
We needed to win this or next week as it was very crucial to our run into the 2nd half of the season.
I wouldn't be so shattered with a loss to Port away.

I would expect us to rest a few, prob 4 or 5.

Will really see how our depth goes

Realistically going 2 and 2 in this 4 match block would be a good result.

So to be 2 and 0 free hit with a young team off 4 days against port port then back to play gc.

Wouldnt surprise me to see cotch and riewoldt rested for starters.

Expect 3-5 changes. Mentioned by a club official before the game.

In any case, my irony meter is well calibrated. The criterion was travel, not home ground advantage. If people want to claim that Brisbane travelling to a city an hour away is an unfair advantage to us in terms of travel, you've gotta take a look at Richmonds 2019 season which had 17 games played in two stadia within 6 kilometres of each other.
You’re right VicBias

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a phrase "quality over quantity". 2 of Richmonds outs have been AA in either 2018 or 19, while another won the B&F in a premiership year.

There is a phrase "quality over quantity". 2 of Richmonds outs have been AA in either 2018 or 19, while another won the B&F in a premiership year.
It doesn't work that way. Rich, Birchall, Lester, Martin and McStay are just as important to Brisbane as Richmond's outs are to them.

Ahh, I get it. The criteria is the BF classic "Whatever suits my argument at the time". Gotcha.

It doesn't work that way. Rich, Birchall, Lester, Martin and McStay are just as important to Brisbane as Richmond's outs are to them.
They're not half as good though, so Il disagree. The gap between the quality missing is significant, so if we get ours in we can expect a higher level of output from them compared to the opposition counterparts.

This happens almost every time. I think Brisbane will come close/beat us but then we win comfortably. It could be a mental thing for Brisbane tbh. They had plenty of opportunities but messed it up more often than not. Oh well, they are still a good team so expect them to bounce back.

They're not half as good though, so i disagree. The gap between the quality missing is significant, so if we get ours in we can expect a higher level of output from them compared to the opposition counterparts.
It's not as big a gap in quality as you think anyway as Rich and Birchall in a Richmond jumper over the last few years wouldn't be much different from Houli and Edwards. Martin is probably a better ruck than Nankervis. From there your point stands as Lester and McStay are probably in our bottom half a dozen best 22 players. Regardless having had to replace all these guys in the space of about a week and a half hasn't exactly been easy for the lions. We had a player on debut, another playing his second and another his third.

Birchall was a top player once but is 32 and has played 16 games in four years. His experience might've been handy. McInerney could hardly have been better as a stand-in ruck.

Richmond's outs are four players who've been AA squad in the past two years plus two dual premiership players.

You're not comparing apples with apples. Our blokes have been there and done it.

It's not as big a gap in quality as you think anyway as Rich and Birchall in a Richmond jumper over the last few years wouldn't be much different from Houli and Edwards. Martin is probably a better ruck than Nankervis. From there your point stands as Lester and McStay are probably in our bottom half a dozen best 22 players. Regardless having had to replace all these guys in the space of about a week and a half hasn't exactly been easy for the lions. We had a player on debut, another playing his second and another his third.
We had 11 players under 30 games out there tonight, but I get your argument

Back