The AXE vs Adelaide - IN: Bennell, Tomlinson, AVB, ANB. OUT: Hannan, TMac, OMac, Pickett.

Remove this Banner Ad

yeh the ins seem fine but the outs don't make sense, still stuck with all those inside mids playing out of position

Brayshaw listed on hff, know that means nothing, but would be good to actually see how he goes in that area of the ground for a game

Still too many inside mids and now we have less proper crumbers and small forwards?

Don't mind the ins but we are still too mid sized forward stocked and our forward pressure looks even worse off. We need the inside mids playing out of position to really ramp up the tackling pressure.

I mean, I like Hannan but he had like 4 touches against Brisbane and turned over potentially the winning play and then 6 touches and 0 tackles against Port. He was excellent beforehand though from limited touches. Needs to find ways to stay involved throughout games.

Not sure on the Omac dropping. Sure he got towelled up by an 18yo last week. But the ease in which the ball came down didn’t help. Given crows have a number of tall forward options I’m assuming Tomlinson plays back. Bennell in a wing with Langdon. ANB will bring some forward pressure as will AVB.

Absolute mind baffling changes, we are playing 7 inside mids which the only one of those who can play a second position well is Petracca, who isn't going to play forward anyway. Omac had 2 good weeks then 1 poor week and gets dropped when lever has been pretty average all season and holds his place, I'm expecting Lever to get towelled up having to play 2nd tall. Hannan a few poor weeks but has been good otherwise gets dropped, when melksham has barely done anything at all and he isn't dropped. 3 of Jones/Brayshaw/Harmes/Sparrow should not be playing.

So the general "feels " on here is our midfield is the start of the problems . So coach goes , "no worries we will take a knife to the defence and forward lines"
Oliver should get a week off for a pathetic attempt at an elbow . I hope we win , it's come down to hope . And Mr President , you signed off on the contract extension , you signed off on hiring Richardson , you and Pert have your finger prints all over this s**t .

Absolute mind baffling changes, we are playing 7 inside mids which the only one of those who can play a second position well is Petracca, who isn't going to play forward anyway. Omac had 2 good weeks then 1 poor week and gets dropped when lever has been pretty average all season and holds his place, I'm expecting Lever to get towelled up having to play 2nd tall. Hannan a few poor weeks but has been good otherwise gets dropped, when melksham has barely done anything at all and he isn't dropped. 3 of Jones/Brayshaw/Harmes/Sparrow should not be playing.
Adelaide have a tall forward line. Yet we drop OMac. Weird. With Kozzie out, Hannan should have kept his spot. How one or two or three of Jones, Brayshaw, Harmes or Sparrow weren't dropped I'll never know. Shambolic yet again. Look for Crows talls to kick a bag.

It would be nice if we had some pace of half back instead of Salem and Jones, that's part of the problem, neither of them can break lines to open the game up.
Shoukd be playing rivers off half back instead of Jones.
Cant say im surprised with the amount of inside mids, now if we start losing the clearances were can just roll another set of inside bulls into the middle... pity we have to try hide the others somewhere.

Adelaide have a tall forward line. Yet we drop OMac. Weird. With Kozzie out, Hannan should have kept his spot. How one or two or three of Jones, Brayshaw, Harmes or Sparrow weren't dropped I'll never know. Shambolic yet again. Look for Crows talls to kick a bag.

clearly we are going to destroy them with smaller and slightly faster players rebounding out of defense!

well we are going to quickly rebound it to the boundary line given we cannot kick either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way forward seems to be having May, Lever and Hibbard all free to take on the game (intercepts and initial ball distribution). While someone stays at the back and does the boring stuff (OMac).
- And that seems to work fine as long as the midfield does not turn over the ball and expose the back line which is a big no no for any team. But I guess that is out.

Should be a game that Melbourne wins 40+ but will see what unfolds... I just want to see the team play for each other that would be nice.

This coaching group has no idea.

It's really an impressive accomplishment.

It's hard to try and imagine the way Goody thinks, but I reckon it's something like........ " people saying I should drop Harmes Brayshaw Sparrow or Jones? Lol did anyone see how much port smashed us in contested ball last week? "

To me, playing senior players and continually going to the well with them over the likes of Bedford, Baker, Rivers etc reeks of a coach under pressure to keep his job.

Honestly, given the fact we are treading water at best, I almost want to lose this game so that the club has no real choice but to see Goodwin for what he is and a good chunk of players not being up to it. And, if we do win this, we will no doubt drop into a complacent hole and lose to North.

I honestly want us to have a crack at Clarkson FFS.

So Jake Lever is playing on Walker or McAsey? Even if it is a first year CHF, I’ve got no confidence in Lever playing as a KPD. It’s just not what he was recruited for.

It’s phenomenal this level of incompetence at selection.
I'm not sure on the philosophy of our selections. Crows have 3 arguably 4 tall forwards. We now have 2 tall defenders after dropping Oscar. I'm not sure what goes on in Goodwin's brain most of the time. His selections alone remind me back when Michael Voss was being labeled 'Crazy Vossy'. Very similar in many ways.

I'm not sure on the philosophy of our selections. Crows have 3 arguably 4 tall forwards. We now have 2 tall defenders after dropping Oscar. I'm not sure what goes on in Goodwin's brain most of the time. His selections alone remind me back when Michael Voss was being labeled 'Crazy Vossy'. Very similar in many ways.
If they get enough supply they’ll beat us. Purely because our backline will get demolished and Lever is a terrible one on one player. Wind knocks him down. He will have to play one on one also, because both McDonalds are out.

We’d be better off naming Alister Nicholson FFS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back