How do we come back from this?

Very good post.

... especially when the Team is failing badly.
Chapman and Roo are worse than Politicians whose prime concern is to keep their jobs.

Way worse....at least with politicians we have the mechanism to vote them out.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep. I couldn’t pick one, because none related to me as an interstate supporter with guaranteed grand final tickets (haha).

I think I'll be handing back my gold memberships after this year. And I didn't want to do it, but the AFLW memberships are still a sign of support for Admin, so they'll probably have to go as well.

I think I'll be handing back my gold memberships after this year. And I didn't want to do it, but the AFLW memberships are still a sign of support for Admin, so they'll probably have to go as well.
See... my thinking is, you support them no matter what. I don't want to be a fair weather supporter.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh okay, more compromised than 2010-2013 drafts where GWS and Gold Coast took the bulk of first round picks. This draft is more compromised?

I have breaking news for you: were going to finish last next year as well, hence the term "period".

2021 is going to be another year of restrictions which means likely not much look at how the kids go. Except it'll be even worse because those kids will have the missed two years of football by the time of the draft.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
See... my thinking is, you support them no matter what. I don't want to be a fair weather supporter.

A message needs to be sent, I have no other meaningful mechanism. Will still support the team on the park, just not the club financially until Fagan and most of the board are gone. I hope there's many more like me because it's our only hope of seeing change occur.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
2021 is going to be another year of restrictions which means likely not much look at how the kids go. Except it'll be even worse because those kids will have the missed two years of football by the time of the draft.

This is an interesting point, we keep hearing that this year is a compromised draft, bad year to have high picks, better trading into next year...

But you are right, if next year is the same as this year, and no reason to think it wont be at this stage, then that draft will be very hit and miss, even the year after that, even if things are back 100% as they were, you've got kids who are playing their first consistent, solid year of football since they were 14 or 15?

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide

I don't think anyone on this forum (especially those with tens of thousands of posts), can be considered fairweather.

As stated by others, it's the only avenue we have to show displeasure.......

Emailing does nothing but get a cookie cutter response.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
This is an interesting point, we keep hearing that this year is a compromised draft, bad year to have high picks, better trading into next year...

But you are right, if next year is the same as this year, and no reason to think it wont be at this stage, then that draft will be very hit and miss, even the year after that, even if things are back 100% as they were, you've got kids who are playing their first consistent, solid year of football since they were 14 or 15?
How many SANFL and WAFL clubs start ''recruiting'' Vic Metro and Vic Country kids?

Or vice versa how many kids move states

Back