Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Tigers v Lions Tues August 4th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking for all those people that said Richmond can only play finals and win flags because they play so much at the MCG.

Anyone know where they're all hiding.

WOW...Talk about getting ahead of yourself. What round was that again?

Riewoldt ducks into a tackle - high free kick. Riewoldt tackles Lions player high- free kick for holding the ball. Classic Richmond umpiring
Another ironic post. This one comes from a supporter of the team with the most sustained rub of the green in VFL /AFL history.
Why do supporters of the soulless franchise clubs feel so entitled? Is it something Victorians or the AFL have cultivated in them by gifting them so many advantages over Victorian clubs so that they can compete?

Another ironic post. This one comes from a supporter of the team with the most sustained rub of the green in VFL /AFL history.
Why do supporters of the soulless franchise clubs feel so entitled? Is it something Victorians or the AFL have cultivated in them by gifting them so many advantages over Victorian clubs so that they can compete?
0.5/10 troll attempt. Get good, lad.

I went to the game last night and posted this on our board-

I don't think the reason we lost is as simple as oh we missed all those sitters, apart from 10 minutes in the first quarter and most of the third I thought the Tigers looked by far the superior side, similar to the final at the Gabaa last season. At the game it felt like they could put the pedal to the metal and torch us with run, overlap and spread just about at will. They are clearly a better side than us..........ATM.

1- We missed Rich and Birchall badly with their precision kicking out of the back.
2- We missed McStay and his run and crashing of packs, please no more talk of dropping him.
3- In hindsight playing the 3 young talls was just too much of an ask, not bagging them though, young talls take years and multiple senior games to develop not 1, 2 and 3 games.
4- Fages was saying we have been doing heaps of practice re set shots, unfortunately no matter how much you practice you can not duplicate match pressure.
5- We need more outside pace in our side.... please Zac Williams number 1 trade target.
6- Maybe we saw last night why CEY could never quite lockdown a permanent spot at the Crows, struggled badly with the pace of the game against a quality side.
7- I still think our peak years a a couple of years away ie. start 2022.
8- The way things stand now the only side I could see stopping back to back for the Tigers is the West Coast in a Grand Final in Perth.
9- They have Edwards, Houli and Prestia to come back in.

I went to the game last night and posted this on our board-

I don't think the reason we lost is as simple as oh we missed all those sitters, apart from 10 minutes in the first quarter and most of the third I thought the Tigers looked by far the superior side, similar to the final at the Gabaa last season. At the game it felt like they could put the pedal to the metal and torch us with run, overlap and spread just about at will. They are clearly a better side than us..........ATM.

1- We missed Rich and Birchall badly with their precision kicking out of the back.
2- We missed McStay and his run and crashing of packs, please no more talk of dropping him.
3- In hindsight playing the 3 young talls was just too much of an ask, not bagging them though, young talls take years and multiple senior games to develop not 1, 2 and 3 games.
4- Fages was saying we have been doing heaps of practice re set shots, unfortunately no matter how much you practice you can not duplicate match pressure.
5- We need more outside pace in our side.... please Zac Williams number 1 trade target.
6- Maybe we saw last night why CEY could never quite lockdown a permanent spot at the Crows, struggled badly with the pace of the game against a quality side.
7- I still think our peak years a a couple of years away ie. start 2022.
8- The way things stand now the only side I could see stopping back to back for the Tigers is the West Coast in a Grand Final in Perth.
9- They have Edwards, Houli and Prestia to come back in.
Your most dangerous forward and only one that might worry opposition coaches can't be 181cm and 75kg, that just doesn't stand up against the best teams. The Lions need a bigger presence for the bailout kick, someone we when things are going tough they can just kick to inside 50 and the opposition are worried. Hipwood is still not that player, and ideally Cameron should be at the feet crumbing that player, not the man himself.

This years draft means * all with no real form guide for recruiters in 2020, this is the year to be trading a first rounder for a quality KPF.

I like Huddo and Riewoldt as commentators but they missed a trick in that first half.

Took for Bolton to kick a goal from the centre square for them to even notice he was out there.

Close to best on in the first half. Only 21 years old, Tigers fans must be very happy.

Who did we take in the same draft ahead of him? I might go and find out.

EDIT: Only Simpkin. Fair enough, our recruiters probably got that one right.

I was afraid we took some plodder who hasn't even gotten on the park yet.
Yep nailed it with Simpkin.
Bolton was a compensation pick for losing Ty Vickery I believe..the FA raid that just keeps on giving.

Riewoldt ducks into a tackle - high free kick. Riewoldt tackles Lions player high- free kick for holding the ball. Classic Richmond umpiring
14-2 Brisbane's way by the controlling umpire in the middle of the ground. Classic Richmond umpiring. Lol we cop it every week

1) Tigers were not at their high pressure best and played a different game this week. credit to Brisbane.
2) Tigers kicked high and long to the goal square a lot. must have been a team tactic.
3) Tigers didn't pass the ball around to set up plays like we did vs the Dogs.
4) Brisbane's first two goals were well taken, then all down hill from there, so you have to ask about their game plan, why are they taking shots from difficult angles, that was a blueprint of last years final where Tigers kicks easy goals (close to the goal square) while Brisbane had pot shots and rushed shots.
5) once Brisbane sort their game plan out they will be formidable.
6)This is not kicking practice problem, this is deeper than that.

Brisbane's goal kicking let them down in the end, Andrews had a stinker and they miss Rich and Birchall.

Richmond looked good but still had some really mystifying kicks inside 50 imo

Both sides were attacking though and hopefully will have a rematch come finals.
If they miss Birchall they may as well pack it in honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You my hipster friend are very delusional. I can't seem to understand why that supporters from both Bris & WC who get licked on the dick by umpires every week seem to be the biggest sooks on these threads. I honestly feel like I'm wasting my time responding about the officiating in games.

Sydney had an even longer premiership drought than Richmond's 37 years of insipidness. How then did Sydney fans manage to remember how to win with some semblence of grace and class?
Because no one cares enough about sydney to consistently act like utter flogs towards their supporters.

So go put on your blindfold, in a dark room in your power stance and listen to our song on repeat...let the hate flow through you

As everyone figured out last year, Brisbane's forwardline is not good enough to win them important games. There's a reason why none of their key forwards regularly kick goals and it's because none of them are any good. They also miss more shots than they should because they generate a lot of shots on goal from tougher spots than the opposition. If you had a big forward who was able to take marks close to goal the lions' accuracy would improve. Instead, Brisbane rely on a lot of rushed kicks from further out which aren't as accurate. I understand that the lions are probably less accurate than they should be, but they'd be more accurate with a better forward setup. This is why I don't think their kicking accuracy is completely unlucky. Sure, they miss a lot of gettable shots, but they also rely on midfielders and non-forwards for a lot of their shots. Lyons, Neale, Ah Chee, Ellis-Yolmen and Starcevich combined for seven shots on goal for seven behinds. None of these players are noted goalkickers. Then you add Skinner and Ballenden having one shot each and it's a lot of scores generated by young players or players not really known for their forward craft.

If you look at where Richmond scored their goals, most of them were within 30 meters of goal and a number of them were near the goalsquare. Only four were shots from far out, two were set shots from Riewoldt and Aarts (and Riewoldt is a good shot for goal), one was a running shot by Pickett in space and one was Bolton from the middle. The only one which was lucky was Bolton. The rest of the goals, including six of Lynch and Riewoldt's seven were close to goal and shots in front of goal where the player was facing goal and basically had to kick the ball straight.

Some of the Richmond supporter arrogance in this is embarassing. Leave that sh_t to the Hawk fans. Whatever happened to Humble in Victory? sad.
Who is this "Humble" person? I've never heard of them. Good luck to them on their victory, though, whenever that was (probably in a tiddlywinks tournament, or lawn bowls or some such).

Your most dangerous forward and only one that might worry opposition coaches can't be 181cm and 75kg, that just doesn't stand up against the best teams. The Lions need a bigger presence for the bailout kick, someone we when things are going tough they can just kick to inside 50 and the opposition are worried. Hipwood is still not that player, and ideally Cameron should be at the feet crumbing that player, not the man himself.

This years draft means fu** all with no real form guide for recruiters in 2020, this is the year to be trading a first rounder for a quality KPF.
I agree although very hard to trade in a quality KPF, not many clubs would let or want them to go, Joe Daniher could be an option if our rehab staff think they can get his injury under control, the other is Jeremy Cameron who is a RFA at the end of the season, may want too much dollars to make it viable though.

Wouldn't say outstanding but a big improvement in intensity on earlier games this year. Looks to be on the way back but still not fit enough to run the game out.

Yeah that’s what I sort of meant. Thought he was very good though.

Back