News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm crook, just got tested Monday and got my negative result back this morning. Being high risk moves you up the queue a bit, so the positive results are from between 2 to 5 days old.

Give it another week before stage 4 starts to kick in.

Glad to hear you haven't got it mate . And thank you !!

Attachments

• 1596587522483.png
    1596587522483.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 47

Glad to hear you haven't got it mate . And thank you !!

Cheers mate.
I tell you what though, you'd be pissed if the government were given results before the people tested were......well I would be anyway.

You's had stricter restrictions a few weeks back yeh?

It was a bit like Jerry Seinfeld when he reserved a rental car at the airport and they didn't have a car for him.

Jerry: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?

Rental Car Agent: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.

Rental Car Agent: I think I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Now think of this as me talking to Dan Andrews.

Me: I don't understand. Do you have restrictions?

Rental Car Agent: We have restrictions, sick people just keep going out.

Me: But the restriction keeps the sick people at home. That's why you have the restriction.

Chairman Dan: I think I know why we have restrictions.

Me: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *set* the restrictions, you just don't know how to *enforce* the restrictions. And that's really the most important part of the restrictions: the enforcing. Anybody can just set them.

What the feck is going on? Thought we were trailing off.
We have been hearing for the last few days that when the ADF knocked on doors nearly a third of those who have tested positive weren't at home quarantining. That's circa 1,500 infectious campaigners not giving a flying .... about anyone but themselves. Are these results really surprising when you think about that kind of mentality and behavior? Probably at least another week before we see any real change in outcomes.

Also, restrictions "working" could be as much as not having 5000 cases per day at this point. 80 people needed hospitalisation just this last 24 hours, without restrictions or masks that could easily be 500 per day and climbing.

Its not just going to miraculously fall to 0.

And of course, theres the one third of people who still walk around when they know they are infected. Can only do so much about that. Give it two weeks at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Natural progression of things I guess

DA says there is no Stage 5

A rabid Newscorp media runs a story that suggests what Stage 5 would look like if it was actually to exist ostensibly to feed on fear and sell more papers

A readership desperate to blame someone for a global pandemic seizes on it like its actually true and claims there will be a stage 5 lockdown where you're basically imprisoned in your own home, continues to sh*t on DA and the State Gov

A more defiant populace pushes back against "Stage 5" even though no such thing exists and there is actual verifiable video footage to confirm that it doesn't exist and can't be implemented

We have to go to an increased level of restrictions because people aren't doing the right thing, and they're spreading the virus

Newscorp claims it was right all along, its readership claims DA was a tyrant, a despot and a dictator all rolled into one

DA holds a presser conference and says there's no such thing as Stage 6

A rabid Newscorp media runs a story that suggests what Stage 6 would look like if it was actually to exist ...
This is how self fulfilling prophecies work.

They say the future exists in the imagination before it exists in reality.

Well, if you were supporting Adelaide :p
I guess that serves you right.

Reall only two 18ths of the footy population will be punished by being forced to watch Crows games. The rest will either enjoy themselves or catch up on some sleep.

The political system has become so far removed from the common person that it barely represents them any more. Do you think these people give two fu**s about "pitching in"?
Who are you talking about?

Just politicians?

I know people who did the recovery for the Brissie floods in2011. Some reckon Kevin Rudd continued to assist the clean up in his local area long after the cameras had gone home. I know for a fact they are National Party voters. They have no reason to make up a story about him pitching in.

Tony Abbott's volunteer fire fighting is also legit. He goes hard and does all the s**t dirty work that everyone does. Doesn't big note himself, behaves as any other fiery. If you went to a fire and his brigade was there the first you might know of it is seeing him there. Maybe not when he was PM, but they didn't want him at incidents then anyway. I don't have any time at all for him as a politician either.

Following the news is among the worst things a person can do to themselves. Don't worry the world will keep going on if you don't watch it. Pay more attention to the people in your real life and working on your goals so you can live well and help others.
This is great post.

We have been hearing for the last few days that when the ADF knocked on doors nearly a third of those who have tested positive weren't at home quarantining. That's circa 1,500 infectious campaigners not giving a flying .... about anyone but themselves. Are these results really surprising when you think about that kind of mentality and behavior? Probably at least another week before we see any real change in outcomes.
Isn't it odd that people are going bananas, and rightly so, over the hotel breaches where returned travellers, many of whom never had the virus, were supposed to be in supervised lockdown, when we're now basically allowing people who actually have the virus to come and go as they please. Makes no sense to me. How about the Government sequest City Hotels - frogmarch the ones who leave home down there and have around the clock soldiers on each floor. That'd fix it.

Isn't it odd that people are going bananas, and rightly so, over the hotel breaches where returned travellers, many of whom never had the virus, were supposed to be in supervised lockdown, when we're now basically allowing people who actually have the virus to come and go as they please. Makes no sense to me. How about the Government sequest City Hotels - frogmarch the ones who leave home down there and have around the clock soldiers on each floor. That'd fix it.

It highlights the people's disregard of contemporary politics and politicians.

The idiots in charge think the masses are bubbling with enthusiasm over their directions, when in truth most get elected only because the way the system is stacked and because they are the "least disliked". It therefore comes as no suprise when the "least disliked" start constantly issuing directions that effect everyday norms.

I just got off the line from a conference with two highly credentialed professors (a biologist/microbiologist and an internationally renowned drug design chemist) and they made the comment that the entire concept has been horrendously explained to the public, and that the federal system of politics invites too much attention to winning public favor over doing the job properly.

The Victorian health minister has no science credentials and neither does the premier. More arts degrees cronyism!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back