Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
Blakey definitely needs a spell (maybe extra sessions with a sports psychologist too). Will be a player and initially i thought that he would eventually come good by persistently playing him but he definitely needs time away from seniors as it looked like it was becoming more detrimental to his development.

Great to see Wicks get a go. Has looked good in the ressies since mid last year.
Thurlow deserves another chance to see if he's worth keeping for next year.

Gray and Taylor....what a waste.

I didn't realise Australia had protected lizards. :mad:

I reckon he's going to be a player but he needs a spell and surely McLean or Amartey could get a run if they need a tall. Particularly as they are on the last year of their contracts, give them a go to prove themselves.
Dude, he got dropped.....

EDIT: Ah, see you corrected yourself :p

Not sure on replacing Clarke with Thurlow, Thurlow has shown nothing whereas Clarke at least has a crack. The other three changes make sense though. Hopefully the board is right regarding Wicks.

God has nothing to do with team selections.

If it helped I’ll take it lol

Over all 3 of them.

If Grey isn’t playing inside mid it’s an utter waste of time.

Clarke is so ordinary and Taylor lol

With those two changes we go to 37 players picked this season, and that's before considering guys like Gould, Foot and Franklin. That has to be the most players we've picked in a season in a long time.....

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I imagine Melican back in means Aliir to play forward/ruck. Interesting to see how our defenders line up as we now have 8 guys (Thurlow + last week's bunch) who could do it. Not including Mills as I suspect it's a certainty he'll play midfield again. Maybe Cunningham moves up the ground to take Sidebottom? Would rather him stay in defence where he's been very good though.

Delighted for Wicks.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Dude, he got dropped.....

EDIT: Ah, see you corrected yourself :p

Not sure on replacing Clarke with Thurlow, Thurlow has shown nothing whereas Clarke at least has a crack. The other three changes make sense though. Hopefully the board is right regarding Wicks.
Clarke might need the rest rather than a 4 day turn around given the work/run he puts in. Gives Mills a chance to fire this board up on game day big style.

When Mills does something good it'll be 10 x "Horse has held this Brownlow mid back far too long." and when he does something duff it'll be 10 x "He's far more important down back and he'll never be a difference maker in the mids." Yes I will participate in this. Probably on both sides :sweatsmile:

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
A rare and probably final sight of the Reids going head to head. Must be the most injury-prone brothers in league history.

Clarke Taylor Gray all omitted. The latter two in particular had an important role to play this year, ie play at AFL level. We've really squibbed our last two years' trading.

Good to see Melican and Stephones back and Wicks getting a go. Stephens, Taylor, Warner, Ling, Wicks --- five debutants this year.

Half the Blakey problem has been the lack of twos. Either he plays himself into form in the As or has the odd scratch match vs GWS.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Realistically how close is buddy?? We need something to get excited about.

Wishing wicks all the best. Taylor and gray deserve to go out. I don’t mind Clarke in the team as long as we limit his opportunities to kick it to the opposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back