Autopsy North v Cats

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We got enough out of that game.

We have an extensive injury list and there a lot of players underdone coming back from injury.

The most pleasing aspect is that our kids don’t look out of their depth. When they become seasoned AFL players look out.

People need to chill, Shaw is ******* around. Goldy on a wing lol

Props to JMac, best game I have seen him play in years. Where has that been?

• Scoreboard flattered us. Geelong toyed with us for majority of the night.
  • Good to get another game into Mahony, McKay, Scott etc. All showed glimpses.
  • Hosie was good on debut. 2 goals take that.
  • Dumont. Solid. Gives it his all. Loved him throwing his body in the hole against Hawkins. Vintage Arch. Has a dip. 8 tackles.
  • Daw. Another game into him but he showed he could be anything with a big pre-season.
  • Goldy. Sloppiest game of the year. Looked like he was in second gear all game.
  • Hall. Not enough against quality opposition. Classy finish late though.
  • Kudos to JMAC. Really solid in defence.
  • Walker. Competes all day.
  • Higgins. Described as a Rolls Royce. So much footy smarts.
  • Jed. Love his attack but needs to work on his disposal efficiency.
  • Brown getting injured early. Not his year.
  • LMAC. Fantastic.
  • Tarrant absolute dominated Dangerfield.
  • Not sure on Bonar.
  • Loved Will Walker’s chase.
  • We didn’t get smashed but we never really threatened at all. Definition of ‘honourable’ loss.
Good summary.

I haven't seen enough from Hall, Bonar or Ahern to make me believe that any of them deserve to be in our side (or on the list) in R1 2021. I'm not counting the junk time goals to Hall and Polec. This game was there to be won in the first half, and most of our side was missing.

Our list is not great, injuries haven't helped, but there are those building blocks - Mahony and Scott a good couple of weeks. McKay & Hosie getting some experience. We are going to have to bottom out even more, and probably another 2 years of being terrible, before we turn it around.

Conundrum

All Australian
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't have any expectations we would win, but was disappointed to see the lack of effort from the players, and the reappearance of the down the line kicks as the only option again and again. Might not just be Shaw and the gameplan, maybe the players weren't running hard enough to provide options.

Anyway, one match closer to the end of this wretched season and at least one high draft pick.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is Goldy injured?
He was done over by two hacks. If he doesn't get his s**t together Gawn is going to get 3 votes again next week.

We aren't going anywhere with Hall, Pittard, Jmac, Atley in our side and to a lesser extent Dumont, all nothing players and showed it again tonight.

Simpkin, Jed, Higgins all reasonable.
Tarrant good as always, Mckay showed something.
Walker and Maj provided something all game.

Coaching was not great, however not much you can do when so many players lacked the kicking skills to even be considered VFL level tonight.

Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors, Arsenal FC
I just don't get the persistence to go down the line. It's so predictable.
We look good when we took them on and went down the middle for Scott to goal.
We did that against Adelaide last week.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We got enough out of that game.

We have an extensive injury list and there a lot of players underdone coming back from injury.

The most pleasing aspect is that our kids don’t look out of their depth. When they become seasoned AFL players look out.

People need to chill, Shaw is ******* around. Goldy on a wing lol

Props to JMac, best game I have seen him play in years. Where has that been?
Yeah was thinking the same. And the fact that if we had a full list some of these kids wouldn’t be getting an opportunity - so the positive is that they’re really getting a good run.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just don't get the persistence to go down the line. It's so predictable.
We look good when we took them on and went down the middle for Scott to goal.
We did that against Adelaide last week.

Thats what we do when we are under pressure

We did that last week because there was none

Back