Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

In fact this whole forum only consists of young female members that are part of a Uni group.

So yeah, thanks for posting and good luck!

Which is odd, because just the other day he was calling us all racist ass Caucasian Anglo males (thankfully he claims to know how to handle our kind).

Stumbled across this

Lovely words from Aliir. Think we will be realising Maj's legacy for many many many years to come

And to think people have questioned his worth, that's just mind boggling. Once a season someone wins the flag. Once in a blue moon someone comes along and makes a difference to lives, to peoples views- cultural change if you like. While also being great at what they do.

I'm still waiting for this s**t t end as I've a dinner date booked with Maj and a couple of others, my choice of course. I'll probably start crying 🤷‍♂️

Oh thanks for posting that- appreciate it

I'd ditch the methoxy and swap the N,N-dimethyethylamine for a single methyl at the alpha carbon and jam the campaigner down the rabbit hole good and proper with a 50mg hit.
He needs the methoxy IMO.

A/ it might shut him up for a while.

B/ there is something in it he needs to talk to.

Love maj...but seriously he should not be allowed to touch any weights at all. He is massive, too massive for AFL.

He should have played NRL as a winger or in the centres with his 100m speed.

I have a few NRL loving mates who think that.

All our players can do their current thingies with Goldy. Daw helps Goldy in that he can push forward and Daw rucks for him. Do you want Zurhaar or Brown to ruck again?

No. I highly suggest you go back (especially 2018) and have a look at his output under the previous regime. He was being rigidly placed in certain spots of the ground under Scott (before 2018) to keep structures in place with some rare stints into the middle for some added flexibility, that isn't in his power. In 2018, he just about was the difference in the backline when he was there. Especially in close games. That isn't an excellent 'nothing' performance. That is elite output for a player that finally got some freedom outside of a rigid structure. We were crying for him to be tried elsewhere and he exceeded the output he was pumping out forward.

I agree with this but this is a sentence that warrants a paragraph on its own. Not surrounded in the middle of a paragraph with mixed messages. Elaborate on this?

How so? He has the body for it. The height, the burst of speed, the shoulders, arms... where do you want him then? BTW, he plays in the backline as well and gets stints in the ruck to give Goldy a rest forward. It is dangerous in the contests but he was fine in 2018. He has trained vigorously to get his body ready. It's weird reading that statement when you nailed the previous sentence.

We have tried a lot of things with Wood. He is just too inconsistent and looks like he isn't good enough. Has been given chances and failed. That's on him, not the coaches.

We can trial Wood and Ats in different positions but we already have players in those positions playing well. Polec was trialled in the middle and didn't do as well as we had hoped.

I agree. I'm always for giving players a learning curve in new positions but that comes in a scenario where the player can equally reach the output they are currently pumping out in their current position. No point in dropping the output just for flexibilities sake. Sometimes simpler = better. For Daw though, it was something that worked because his body could handle it. Almost like we were under-utilising him.

I guess there is some truth to this but there's something you've completely missed. Depth. Players get dropped.

For Polec, we tried something different and he needs to work on that. For Ats and Jmac, we are trying different things with them to see if they can play better with a more versatile role. But time is running out for flexibility experiments and you can only try so many things until its time to deem them ready for another contract or 'cya later'.
Top effort with this post fwiw.

If you can help this fella learn to communicate clearly l will buy you a beer and cook you an awesome meal.

Which is odd, because just the other day he was calling us all racist ass Caucasian Anglo males (thankfully he claims to know how to handle our kind).
That's a bit harsh. I wouldn't say you're all racist.

And to think people have questioned his worth, that's just mind boggling. Once a season someone wins the flag. Once in a blue moon someone comes along and makes a difference to lives, to peoples views- cultural change if you like. While also being great at what they do.

I'm still waiting for this sh*t t end as I've a dinner date booked with Maj and a couple of others, my choice of course. I'll probably start crying 🤷‍♂️

Oh thanks for posting that- appreciate it

Majak "ok ask me anything"

TAO "you got your sister's phone number handy?"

Top effort with this post fwiw.

If you can help this fella learn to communicate clearly l will buy you a beer and cook you an awesome meal.
Haha I did my best!

Honestly, RR perfectly embodies the mind of a year 12 student going haywire on their SAC essay. Shades of good stuff ruined by crap that doesn't need to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was watching us get beat and towards the end of the game, my crazy mind had a vision of Maj opening the bowling for the Windies in the 80's. New ball of course.

Love him, and he is one of the very few exciting footballers that we have and that makes me kind of sad.

We just 21 other blokes now who can catch and kick a ball and outrun a glacier.

Yep. Not sure that's any coaches fault, just poorly skilled footballers.

I admire your staunch support TAO.

Dunno though. Success usually shows indicators.

GWS game fooled me once but since then, they haven't got into fool me twice territory.

Dunno.

Pretty solid game, especially considering it’s his second game back from such a long time out. Crashed a few packs. Looked good starting in the ruck and then running forward. Made a few mistakes but he’s not exactly the Lone Ranger there. If only we could deliver the ball better by foot...

Maj nearly turned the game on his own - his ruck work again was phonomenal - caused Scott to have to adjust his midfield when he was otherwise in cruise control.

All Maj needs is some continuity - a very dangerous player in what is otherwise a meh team atm.

Doesn't get beaten in the forward line and dominants the centre square - and that's after 2 games back!

He will be a key for us next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back