Preview Swans v Pies Covid Breachers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but what have they showed in the reserves that have got them called back up. They haven't improved during the season so I don't know why they keep getting called back up.

Taylor at least had a block in the reserves and the report was he was doing everything asked of him and showed leadership. He hasn’t taken his chances but would like to see him given a bigger chance before being dropped again.

This year is a bust so happy to see them rotate and try guys if Taylor has any value he will put in a massive pre season and turn give a real tilt to selection for the next two years.

All up to him.

for me his other mate for his position Gray is a bust I just can’t see anything that will improve with him.

Just for a reference point from here on in would you have selected him ahead of Stephens or Gould?
Serong and Sharpe would have been a pretty good 1-2.
Will be interesting to see if Gould makes it in today's run all friggen day AFL. Kid can obviously play footy. Thurlow coming in shows he's down the order a bit.

Thurlow interesting, outs all make sense, Clarke may be a bit unlucky. Good to see who Stephens goes coming back in and of course Wicks. Mills full time mid this week will be a good watch as well.

Surprised about Thurlow. Has not shown appetite for the contest. Outbodied by players of similar size and injuries have robbed him of pace. When he gets the ball is a useful disposer of the ball.

Until Clarke improves his kicking and handball disposals he has a very limited future.

Delighted Wicks has been rewarded.

Three less whipping boys this week. That only leaves Reid to fill up pages of the autopsy thread...

Meh. Our list is not up to it.

I don't trust the injury list. If we had NEAFL I'd go by that

I have long dispensed with even looking at the Injury List. The Club on this issue has become a seller of Pork Pies. I believe injury management at the Club has been a disaster for a long time.

My other comment is it may be a good game to give Melican a go. The Pies are light on for KPFs. I still expect he will directly cost us a number of crucial goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for the outs, Taylor, Grey and Clarke were poor in the last game.

Blakey will likely become a very good player on the evidence presented last year. Unhappily he has been a liability this year. Continued gifting of games sends poor signals to the player and the list.

He needs a decent spell of form in the scratch games before a return is warranted. No-one wants to see a repeat of the automatic Grohan selections.

Melican looked very solid a couple of years ago - pre knee injury. Seemed to have lost a yard of pace on return which meant he was beaten on the lead too much. He looked solid and to have improved in the 1/2 game we saw him this year.. maybe been working on sprint training?? lets hope.
Really wanting one of Melican or Brand to be a success.. fingers crossed

Melican looked very solid a couple of years ago - pre knee injury. Seemed to have lost a yard of pace on return which meant he was beaten on the lead too much. He looked solid and to have improved in the 1/2 game we saw him this year.. maybe been working on sprint training?? lets hope.
Really wanting one of Melican or Brand to be a success.. fingers crossed

He was completely protected having Macca, Reg and Smithy telling him what to do. His game in 2019 against a useless Footscray KP forward was the worst I have seen for many years. I am now trying to be open minded about his potential to be a half capable player at this level.

So what's the story with Wicks? I've seen him mentioned many times but don't know much about him. What sort of player is he? Where do you think he'll slot in?

So what's the story with Wicks? I've seen him mentioned many times but don't know much about him. What sort of player is he? Where do you think he'll slot in?
Small forward who can run in the mids for a bit. Played juniors down Manly way & by all reports is pretty skillful.

Typically racked up around 20 possessions in the NEAFL, but wasn't a regular goal-kicker.

Oh I had no idea about that.
Poor Ben Brown.
No wonder. Stuff footy mate, just worry about your family for now.
How come I never saw that news plastered everywhere.

To be fair even the commentators last night were talking about him being dropped so obviously something they have kept low key. Had a big impact on MCVeigh and the footy world came out in support so it should be happening again for Brown and his family. Strange that it hasn’t made a bigger headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back