Review Dees v West Horsham Crows - the Good, Bad & Ever-So-Dee-ish

Remove this Banner Ad

It is eternally frustrating that long periods of good work get undone by a poor disposal, brain fart, or some other dumb s**t. Such was the case for a lot of the night. Good sides prey on that, because they know we'll eventually lose attention.

Things clicked in the last, but the Crows were completely out on their feet by then.

Random musings:

Oliver was exemplary. More of that please.

Langdon needs to stop spending the ball before he takes possession. At least 3 times tonight. We know you're quick, but just slow down a fraction of a sec and take control of the ball, please.

Jackson will be a star. Hope he and Weid can form a formidable duo. Tis but a wee dream at the moment, but I hope we keep playing them together (sorry TMac)

FFS no more Harmes please. I just can't.

Defence was super solid.

The umpiring was just baffling (mind you, we did lose a plot a little bit early on).

Woo hoo guy.

Weid's goal kicking looked much better. Hopefully a confidence booster.

Our kick in 'strategy' still makes me sad.

Still lots of work to do. Next 2 weeks will be telling. Expecting that Norf will be tricky. Both coming off a 4 day break. Calling it now - it won't be one for the archives.

Good: Oliver, Trac, Viney and Brayshaw all stood up at different moments. Oliver particularly putting the ball under his arm and making the play - and some lace out kicks to top it off. Nice to see Brayshaw turn it on in the last, even if it was junk time.

Jackson showing off his athleticism/ball handling/skills. Him and Weid working well together again (No Tmacs allowed). Weid played a really good game after being caught out of position a bit early. His last goal was super impressive, crashed a pack then 2nd effort 10 seconds later to take a mark going back with the flight.

May and Lever were excellent. May flourished with some venom in the game. Had some really good pivotal contests, probably his best game for the club. Liked Lever's kicking too.

Liked that even when Bennell had a quiet one he was still able to slot that goal. Class finish.

Bad: Harmes

Ugly: Adelaide

Embarrassing: Tex

Good: Oliver is finally taking the game on. Jackson is improving each week. Weid is clearly now our number one forward. Forward line looks better without Pickett

Bad: Probably one of Jones' last games, and doubtful he will get a send off in front of a home crowd. Past his best but will always have a soft spot for him and big bald head!

Fugly: Oliver's hair, forever and always.

Was wonderful to win and it’s great to pump up Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw and a few others. But remember, Adel is absolute crap, 0 and 10 and a percentage of 55%. We have to think about what we need to look like if we are to one day win a flag , and I’m guessing a lot of what we see now on and off the field would not cut it.

We couldn't turn the corner with a brand new, state-of-the-art, industrial-strength, electromechanical corner-turning machine.

Well by definition that is turning the corner in an articulated truck - which can be tricky :)

Jesus, the f*cking trash from Derm and Ed after (and during that match). Apparently no one showed the disrespect that AVB showed in the 'olden days'. ANB's tackle is the last straw and the one that needs to be made example of. Oh yeah, after all the crapping on about 'denigration' of people off the ball, apparently Lockhart is allowed to be bumped off the ball while he's limping off, but if he pushes back, that's weeks./ fu** me, how do these people have jobs?
I get that they wanted Adelaide to win because it makes a great talking point however Eddie took it to another level in his commentary felt like we were playing Collingwood. Despite all the soft frees they got all night he harps on one we got on the wing. There was another where a Melbourne player won the ball at ground level and an Adelaide player ran into his legs Eddie screamed took out his legs. I can accept commentators calling something if it's obvious but eddie and dwayne are the worst and are often very wrong.

No mention of Sparrow ?

U guys have found one here. Inside mid who doesn't fumble and had courage. Last 2 games have been mouth watering good with how good he could get.

No mention of Sparrow ?

U guys have found one here. Inside mid who doesn't fumble and had courage. Last 2 games have been mouth watering good with how good he could get.
He's tough, had some good moments last night.

But I still don't see anything from him that screams AFL star long term. Dime a dozen contest first mid, not overly fast and not overly skillful. He might etch out 100 games, but he's more of the same as what we have on our list.

He's tough, had some good moments last night.

But I still don't see anything from him that screams AFL star long term. Dime a dozen contest first mid, not overly fast and not overly skillful. He might etch out 100 games, but he's more of the same as what we have on our list.

I'm not annoitting him a star just yet but geez he has been impressive the last 2 games. Reads the play very well, doesn't fumble and has great decision making.

I reckon you have found one here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of Sparrow ?

Looks quite impressive, there'd be a lot more excitement if we didn't have a team of inside mids. Right now there's no place for Brayshaw etc so it's hard to dream about the future of yet another inside mid.

I'm not annoitting him a star just yet but geez he has been impressive the last 2 games. Reads the play very well, doesn't fumble and has great decision making.

I reckon you have found one here.
Agree. Rate him. Unfortunately another inside mid though. Viney, Oliver and one of him or Brayshaw is enough. Brayshaw might want a change sooner or later though, think it’s worth moving him on.

Crows are horrendous

Weid and Jackson have the makings of a good 1-2 up forward. I'm really liking Weid this year

Gawn looked injured but we need to get him up for Norf but not at the expense of missing the following week v Collingwood

Oliver was a class above, Viney was good and Petracca doesn't need a lot of it to be damaging

May was good down back, thought he was really good. Just not sold on his kicking

Thought Sparrow looked good but do we really need another inside mid?

And Brayshaw had a really good second half, hopefully he can carry that into next week

Having said that, the scoreboard definitely indicates to me that we've turned the corner. Massive relief to be out of this 1.5 year rut finally Ando727

Edit: someone beat me to me the punch line. It's disappointing. :(

Last edited:
Beat bottom team and lose to top team (both Adelaide teams in Adelaide) by the same margin... We are the definition middle of the road team. With a percent of 100... the symmetry is pretty f’ed.

This is amazing.

Jesus, the f*cking trash from Derm and Ed after (and during that match). Apparently no one showed the disrespect that AVB showed in the 'olden days'. ANB's tackle is the last straw and the one that needs to be made example of. Oh yeah, after all the crapping on about 'denigration' of people off the ball, apparently Lockhart is allowed to be bumped off the ball while he's limping off, but if he pushes back, that's weeks./ fu** me, how do these people have jobs?

This was truly cringe worthy.

Tomo was solid enough in defence last night. I prefer solid to the many faces of Oscar. Many congratulations to Goody for having his third selection win of the season.

Last edited:

Best bit of the post-match was when David King showed how good Oliver would be if he could stop time.

Haha, I know. WTF? Just ignore that Adel defender who had him covered.

'OK, Clayton, to take your game to the next level we're going to practice teleporting at training today'

He actually makes the perfect decision to hit Melksham up on the lead, just bungled the kick horribly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back