Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or has Hogan become gun-shy with kicking goals. He does some handy things around the ground but doesn’t hit the scoreboard which our team needs.

I always feel that when he and Tabs are in the same side, Hogan defers big dog status to Tabs and doesn’t play his natural game.

Up to 50 mm rain forecast Sunday into Monday preceding a five day break. I would consider resting one of Lobb / Darcy / Tabs in addition to whatever other changes are made. Two if they are prepared to play Meek (be handy if we had a proper developing ruck / forward on the list right about now).
Rest Lobb for the Hawks game and Darcy for the Blues game.

Really hope Henry is in. Not sure why some are saying he shouldn’t come in if it’s wet. The cleanest ball users and one touch players often come to the fore in wet conditions - based on his footage in the scratch matches, Henry might be a perfect in to the fwd line

Really hope Henry is in. Not sure why some are saying he shouldn’t come in if it’s wet. The cleanest ball users and one touch players often come to the fore in wet conditions - based on his footage in the scratch matches, Henry might be a perfect in to the fwd line
He will just float over the puddles. Bring him in jlow

This week needs to begin management of players.

Changes for hawks
Hogan for tabs
Hill for Mundy
Aish for Hughes
meek for Darcy
Henry for Frederick

Changes vs Carlton

Tabs for lobb
Darcy for meek
Hughes for duman
Mundy for Brayshaw
Walters for Shultz

Changes vs Sydney

Brayshaw for Cerra
Valente for Serong
Duman for Ryan
Frederick for Colyer
Acres for bewley

And so on

This week needs to begin management of players.

Changes for hawks
Hogan for tabs
Hill for Mundy
Aish for Hughes
meek for Darcy
Henry for Frederick

Changes vs Carlton

Tabs for lobb
Darcy for meek
Hughes for duman
Mundy for Brayshaw
Walters for Shultz

Changes vs Sydney

Brayshaw for Cerra
Valente for Serong
Duman for Ryan
Frederick for Colyer
Acres for bewley

And so on
Nah, we have an 8 day break, then a 5 day break. They are big boys and it's shortened quarters. We also don't travel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, we have an 8 day break, then a 5 day break. They are big boys and it's shortened quarters. We also don't travel.

Yeah, although I reckon we'll have a game against Sydney or GWS on the Wednesday (or at best Thursday) giving us a 4 day break, then potentially another short break until we play the other one. If there is a plan to rest players we want to be doing it pretty evenly and not all in one big hit.

We've played on six day breaks with a plane trip in there fairly regularly.

The curve ball selection move could be Hogan for Blakely. Pushing Fyfe fulltime mid and Connor falling out the other side of the bed
I might be mistaken but I thought I heard JLo say Blakely would definitely be given a run of a few games in a row to see if he can cement his place in the team.

I might be mistaken but I thought I heard JLo say Blakely would definitely be given a run of a few games in a row to see if he can cement his place in the team.
He did say that. That part he also mentioned about Fyfe wanting to play forward, the club wanting him to play forward might rely on Blakely in the middle.

Then is Hogan, Lobb, Tabs, Fyfe too tall a forward line? Hogan and Fyfe would be up the ground a bit.

He did say that. That part he also mentioned about Fyfe wanting to play forward, the club wanting him to play forward might rely on Blakely in the middle.

Then is Hogan, Lobb, Tabs, Fyfe too tall a forward line? Hogan and Fyfe would be up the ground a bit.
I wouldn't play Hogan this week so give us another week to think about it.

Will Hogan add much given the wet weather forecast? Not super defensive and his best attributes marking and kicking not likely to be much help in the territory and pressure battle.

Will Hogan add much given the wet weather forecast? Not super defensive and his best attributes marking and kicking not likely to be much help in the territory and pressure battle.
Considering he seems to drop sitters constantly and clap his hands in frustration at himself, I don't even know if marking is a strength of his anymore.

Bit busy today so can't hang around for long periods, apologies if this has been asked already - I can't be bothered to go back through multiple pages (!), but when do teams get announced for this?! Last Thurs I waited all day only to find teams were released the day before there scheduled time. It really p***ed me off.

Are teams released today or do we have to wait until Sunday?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back