Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"The view internally is that the Roos' group of players aged 26 and over is not capable of taking them to contention and that the only way forward is invest more heavily in the national draft, a process that will take two or three years."

This is not a new phenomenon at the club. If we are honest we haven't had a list of senior players capable of contending for premierships since Corey and then Duck walked out the door. We have had some great players since then but never a list capable of genuinely contending.

If Brad Scott and Joyce had realised this 5 years ago we would be in a much better position.

Worth noting that we got into this situation after a decade of him in charge, which I suspect was the greater aspect of the reason he got canned.
Nah I am in no means saying we should have stuck with bard. I just thought a lot of what we heard was that the club thought this list didn't need to bottom out(Obviously it always has)

Nah I am in no means saying we should have stuck with bard. I just thought a lot of what we heard was that the club thought this list didn't need to bottom out(Obviously it always has)

They probably were over his s**t talking , that in the end got us back to where we started when bard was first given the job.

Myth.
It was just ONE of the options Brad suggested. It wasn't the only one.

That sounds correct. Brad offered a couple of different options - the club chose a third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like The Tiges are getting on the AFL's nerves a little... Can't wait for Caro to choose a side here... And Steven Adams rules:

=====

AFL ‘fed up’ as more details emerge of strange hub demands

The AFL has become increasingly frustrated at Richmond players for some weird, wacky requests and bills that have been sent to league HQ.

Other clubs are aware of the AFL’s frustrations in Queensland as the league does its best to keep the season running. One high-ranking club official said: “The AFL is off them massively. Self-entitlement is huge.”

It was a Richmond person who inquired about bringing a puppy to Queensland, which prompted the AFL to issue a strict edict last month to clubs telling them this is no holiday.

It’s also understood at least a few Tigers players asked the AFL to reimburse them for Coles online orders too.

It was Richmond’s senior players who were most vocal in the AFLPA’s giant phone hook-up earlier this year about the prospect of spending a prolonged period in hubs.

Foxfooty.com.au has been told things have calmed down in the last fortnight, but the AFL was privately seething at some of the requests earlier on in the hub stay.

Nine journalist Sam McClure on Wednesday said the AFL was “fed up” after some players had put in requests for carpenters to alter apartments, as well as asking the league to cover costs for extra orders from Coles Express.

The AFL Players’ Association indicated to foxfooty.com.au it wasn’t aware of such desires, adding it wasn’t privy to what clubs are requesting of the AFL.

Port Adelaide legend Warren Tredrea pointed to recent comments from New Zealand-born NBA centre Steven Adams, who recently told reporters of life inside the league’s Orlando bubble: “Let’s be clear, mate. This is not Syria, mate. It’s not that hard … We’re living in a bloody resort.” Tredrea said the AFL players “need some perspective”.

It’s understood several Richmond players are on a significantly reduced income for the back-half of the season because their annual payments were heavily front-ended before COVID-19 struck. The annual front-ended practise is not unusual at wealthier clubs, which can afford to pay players in bulk before Christmas or over the summer. But now all footballers are making 50 per cent of their annual wage, some players are literally getting paid a few thousand dollars from May through to October after receiving bulk coin pre-COVID-19.

Clarko started it all with his rant about holding the ball, followed by Beveridge, Ratten, and Teague, now Goodwin has joined the club squealing for free kicks and protection for Max Gawn, there is something i can't stand about this tactic, besides, Gawn is big and ugly enough to look after himself.

It’s understood several Richmond players are on a significantly reduced income for the back-half of the season because their annual payments were heavily front-ended before COVID-19 struck. The annual front-ended practise is not unusual at wealthier clubs, which can afford to pay players in bulk before Christmas or over the summer. But now all footballers are making 50 per cent of their annual wage, some players are literally getting paid a few thousand dollars from May through to October after receiving bulk coin pre-COVID-19.
It's unclear from the article but surely players in that situation aren't upset about it? They've dodged a massive bullet.

Port Adelaide legend Warren Tredrea pointed to recent comments from New Zealand-born NBA centre Steven Adams, who recently told reporters of life inside the league’s Orlando bubble: “Let’s be clear, mate. This is not Syria, mate. It’s not that hard … We’re living in a bloody resort.” Tredrea said the AFL players “need some perspective”.
It's worse; it's Queensland.

I suspect Damo reads Bigfooty. So, I'd like to remind him that Tim Watson, of all people, has him completely sussed:

‘The Voice of Treason’ – and that’s who he’ll be known as henceforth. This ‘holier than thou’ attitude towards journalism, but is inconsistent in the true values of journalism, This is how I see it: He holds biases, he holds petty grudges, he loses his balance – which is a fundamental plank, I think, of journalism.

The voice of Treason has nothing so digs up five week old news

• North Melbourne
IF ...
Ben Cunnington doesn't play again this year ...
THEN ...
deeper questions need to be asked why he was cleared to play when barely able to walk even before the start of round five - the last time he's been seen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back