Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Melbourne: The Death Ride Cup

Only game I want to win.
Yep, I want bigger bodies in this week, Kyron, Marley etc

will walker you would think gets rested for the short turn around and LDU brought back

want to win and make them so sore that the dees can’t back up in the following weeks mounting to more losses for them and a better pick for us

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Out Goldy (managed), Brown (injury), Pittard (ommited), Will Walker (managed)

In Xerri, Larkey, Haydon, LDU

I think the first 2 outs will be necessary, and the second too probably preferable (pittard has been up and down like a kite in regards to form, and already being played outside of his preferred position). The ins are pretty good, or at the least very suitable, replacements for them.

Probably rest/manage a couple of other blokes. We have a fair few healthy and fit players to come in, be it long or short term. 3rd of 3 games in 8 days. Don't let anyone get burnt out, use the list now that we have access to it.

North11

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Out : Goldy, managed, Brown, inj, Polec, omitted, Atley, omitted, Pittard, omitted.

In : Xerri, Larkey, LDU, Murphy, Hayden.
Not the game to be resting Goldstein in my opinion.

If we were going to be resting Goldstein it should’ve been against Geelong because they have average ruckmen.

Gawn will just dominate the whole game, he even has a fair share of it even when Goldstein is playing.

Last edited:

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's too hard to know as being managed, injured etc.

If I was Shaw and could omit Polec I would do it immediately. Learned nothing.

Not sure squad availability etc means we can.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Were you happy with his game tonight ? looked pretty cooked to me, and another 4 day back up wont do him any favours imo

Even when in good form Goldy does have a really down game every once in a while. The timing of it would probably suggest he needs a rest though, and in all honesty it would be the perfect opportunity to actually get Xerri into the team as a ruck. He's lost a whole year of development in the VFL which is going to hurt him/us long term. It would be really nice to see him given a genuine chance to show off his wares.

North11

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Were you happy with his game tonight ? looked pretty cooked to me, and another 4 day back up wont do him any favours imo
I know where you’re coming from but out of all the ruckmen it’s Gawn?

He did look cooked against Geelong but not the worst he has played at all.

If Goldstein does end up getting rested the club has made a major blunder.

Last edited:
Reported on herald sun, Gawn may not play due to injury
Gawn will be assessed and is no certainty to play against North Melbourne on Sunday as he continues to battle an upper back strain that had prompted calls “all over the world”, with the Demons having just four days between matches.

“I did tear something in my upper shoulder region (the lat muscle),” he said on Fox Footy.

Dont think bonar makes it, not in our system. He's last in line for slow gritty midfielders of which we're well stocked in, and lacks the pace to be a genuine small lock down defender.
I think Bonar is a bit quicker than you think he is.

Apparently his disposal efficiency was 100% yesterday.

Back