MVP Votes v Crows 2020

We survived Adelaide in Adelaide, now to survive Norf in Adelaide.

12 votes anyway you like. Maximum 12. You can award fewer. You can award negative (to an extent). You have 3 days to vote.

6 - C. Oliver
4 - C. Petracca
2 - J. Viney

Last edited:

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
4 Oliver
2 Viney
1 Trac
1 Brayshaw
1 May
1 Weideman
1 Jackson
1 Lockhart, for showing some good fight

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

I’m down with some melk recognition. He doesn’t get a ton of touches but he never does anything monumentally stupid (which goes strongly against Melbourne DNA).

I was ready to give him a vote, but then he dropped that easy mark from Weid, and missed goal from right in front- but mostly he’s just steady and dependable and I’m always happy when he has the footy.

I’m down with some melk recognition. He doesn’t get a ton of touches but he never does anything monumentally stupid (which goes strongly against Melbourne DNA).

I was ready to give him a vote, but then he dropped that easy mark from Weid, and missed goal from right in front- but mostly he’s just steady and dependable and I’m always happy when he has the footy.
Yeah not a perfect night but used it smartly and was reliable in the first half when the game was still hot.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
4 Clarry
2 Viney
2 Jacko. He is best 22. Not sure about Weed(still think TMac is better in the air, if he had just had some actual chances to lead up at the footy 1 on 1 he'd have kicked about 20 in the last 5 games), but Jacko is giving us so much in the ruck already, so much at ground level when he brings it to deck in both ruck contests and marking contests, and kicking a couple of snags always helps. VERY happy with him, looks like Kozzy/Riv/Jacko is a pretty nice draft haul when we needed it most.
1 Gawny. Playing injured against a damn good ruckman. And now he's got Goldy and Grundy back to back. His one rest week vs Ladhams we get pumped by 50. Should probably be All-Aus ruck ATM.
1 Trac. Prob his worst game of the season, but still he just relieves pressure when he can break a tackle or two and dish it off to a teammate.
1 Salem(so good to see him around the footy a bit more)
1 May. Tex is completely cooked tbh but was good to see him stick up for Lockhart(even though it seemed Lockhart jumper punched Crocker first lol), and yeah just generally kills the footy when it goes near him, a few good 1 on 1 intercept marks too.

-100 Goody for dropping OMac for Tomlinson(which was pretty hairy Himmelberg's snap goal would be preventable with OMac there, if you pick Tomlinson use him on the wing ffs), dropping Hannan(if we are considering both as forwards Hannan>Bennell, Hannan hasn't put a foot wrong all year really but dropping him especially for Nibbler was a disgrace), but props for using Sparrow outside of the guts(even though Tomlinson is just infinitely better in non-inside mid roles) and getting Gussy and Salo some minutes in the guts(tho Gus was quite sloppy).

God that was an ugly performance though. Getting done inside for 3 quarters by Ben Keays(happy for him though) and Matt Crouch...last year we got on top of the Crows mids when they had Greenwood, Ellis-Yolmen, Brad Crouch and Sloane. Crows a young side with a few injuries clearly picking a few youngsters who are a mile off; we should've put them to the sword earlier.

Feel a bit of empathy for Crows fans seeing as some of us like me have only ever known the Dees to be a bottom-tier team, but at the same time this is the best list we've ever had and we're not really putting up any good performances. I don't think we were really much better than we were vs Port last night tbh, just the conditions weren't as dewy. Kicking inside 50 was hit and miss, which is weird because I think its been pretty fine for the most part this year; clearance work not good enough bar the fourth quarter, defense looks shaky 6 v 6...all round not the best feeling after a match.

If you couple the shoddy performance with the bad team selection, it feels like further regression rather than anything.

Next week we get North potentially without their 3 first choice tall forwards, and their 2 best mids injured or playing half back...another chance for us to "put the Port game behind us" even though we could likely win playing crap footy like we did last night.

Last edited:
And the 2020 Round 10 results are in:
100 votes/20 - Clayton Oliver
37 votes/19 - Jack Viney
35 votes/17 - Steven May
23 votes/16 - Christian Petracca
16 votes/15 - Luke Jackson
------------------------------------
16 votes/13 - Sam Weideman
12 votes/1 - Nathan Jones
5 votes/5 - Max Gawn
3 votes/3 - Christian Salem