Autopsy North v Cats

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
So sick of the commentators. Gerard Healy is an obnoxious f***wit! Nobody under the age of 40 even knows who you are. Stick your Brownlow medal up your a***! This guy just constantly gives s*** to North, “Oh that has to be a free kick to the other team”. F*** off campaigner!

North11

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LOL!

Chris Scott took over a team who got to a PF, after winning the flag the previous year.
Bevo took over a team who finished in the bottom 4 for three years straight. Then got them a flag in 2 years.
Yes, that’s why I said obviously not the same.

But not much recruiting needed to be done by him. That’s my point.

The rebuilding phase had already been done just needed the right person to coach them to a premiership and clearly it was Beveridge.

Is Supereasy still cheerleading for a Shaw 5 year extension?

Thought so.

A 70 point win over 18th had blinded all reasonable judgement.

If you think this team with all of its injuries and inadequacies is a finals team then youre clueless. What Shaw is doing is exactly what is required to improve and that is playing kids that are available to see what they can do, something Scott never did but i guess you're just happy being a middling team and im happy seeing you blow a gasket after each loss.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well then you should know better.

FWIW been a Member since 1976.

I didn’t realise you were so old.

You should subway not kfc.
Had a bit of momentum going into three-quarter time, kicked the first of the last, textbook clearance...Dumont misses the target by 10 metres.

Ball game.

Our skill deficiencies are criminal.

I don’t care what anyone says, he is an impostor.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Thats what we do when we are under pressure

We did that last week because there was none
We appear to have done a complete 180 compared to last season when we hunted the opposition. As soon as the pressure turns up we can't execute our game plan, if we actually have one.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our strategy, apply pressure, force contests and slow down Geelong's ball movement. Win the stoppages and go skinny side.

We couldn't, didn't apply enough pressure and Geelong just moved the ball with speed and precision through the corridor.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you honestly believe he is our next premiership coach?
That's the only question to be answered about him.
He very much could be.

You really are the Jeff Kennett of this board. He wanted to sack the most successful coach of the AFL era too, and that was after more than 12 months in the job.

How many years did it take Hardwick to get it right?

You have NFI if he is the right man for the job, no one does. Ask me again at the end of 2021, at least then we will have an actual body of evidence to look at.

On reflection how good was it to see Hosie is more than an enigma

He looked reasonable as well, strikes me as having some tickets on himself - and that might just not be the worst thing if he can keep grounded and walk the talk.

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
No point in complaining. A more mature, solid unit dominated a lighter, younger group. The game played out to form. We have the worst injury list in the league by a common hack canter. We need to temper our expectations. My sense is that we made some headway tonight, although it’s not completely apparent.
Will Walker will be good - guaranteed. Atley and Polec need to take the game on and take risks. Better to turn the ball over being positive rather than turning it over while being hesitant. Shaw needs to hammer that message home to both of them. Just get them to play like LMac FFS. Mahony showing glimpses of the good stuff that lies ahead. We so need Larkey and Cunners to straighten us up. Tarrant is an absolute monument to the NMFC. Jy worked his way into the game well. Bailey delivered again when lining up. We scared them - we really did. Unfortunately, we were our own worst enemy at times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Except that a kid got off the leash on a 200 game player. Thats an embarrasment in itself. Mr Anonymous is not up to it. Its been said for about 3 years.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But we don’t have the skill to play this up the line, stop start style without turning it over to the opposition.
So surely you pick the game style that is going to be best for the long term and slowly get bet at it by improving skills and bringing in the right players. We will cop some losses along the way but I don't see any benefit in playing a game plan that can't allow you to contend.

It also takes a fair stint to really get a system as Clarko likes to call it really embedded into the team. Geelong has a system and at the moment we don't and probably won't until late next year.

I’m not about the score line it’s the effort. Just wasn’t there. It was easy to turn up and not give 100% today. There’s lots of excuses not to. Short break, injuries etc. The hard thing to do would’ve been to give everything they had to win. That’s what champions do. I’m sick to death of being ok.

I hold our list to a higher standard then that. The score line flatted is. So many half arsed efforts. Terrible skills. Bombing it into the forward line. Bombing it long down the line from defence.
It was strange when Shaw said after the game that it was a step forward

No point in complaining. A more mature, solid unit dominated a lighter, younger group. The game played out to form. We have the worst injury list in the league by a common hack canter. We need to temper our expectations. My sense is that we made some headway tonight, although it’s not completely apparent.
Will Walker will be good - guaranteed. Atley and Polec need to take the game on and take risks. Better to turn the ball over being positive rather than turning it over while being hesitant. Shaw needs to hammer that message home to both of them. Just get them to play like LMac FFS. Mahony showing glimpses of the good stuff that lies ahead. We so need Larkey and Cunners to straighten us up. Tarrant is an absolute monument to the NMFC. Jy worked his way into the game well. Bailey delivered again when lining up. We scared them - we really did. Unfortunately, we were our own worst enemy at times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Were we actually younger than Geelong? I don't think so

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I know its hard to be optimistic at the moment but the injuries do have an upside. Players get tested early in their careers and have to play in positions that they normally wouldn't and they learn from these experiences.

I thought about this when McKay had to take Hawkins when Walker went forward. Without Brown's injury this would not have happened. McKay had a very good game and no one would have been confident about his ability to take on one of the league 'monsters' at the start of the season. McKay will have gained a lot from the match.

McKay will be a key defender for many years and you build team around a pack of elite mid fielders and key position players. Mid fielders are a dime a dozen but a centre half back is hard to find.

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Atley let Myers completely of the leash in Q1 and he kicked two goals. He had 8 kicks and I reckon at least 5 of them were rubbish. He never really locks down on an opponent and he doesn't do damage with either his pace or disposal going the other way. I would drop him for Haydon for the Melbourne game.

Ats worst game of the year imo. Agree he should be dropped. Jmac on the other hand was close to our best.

Back