my take afl and clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
look i feel now that richmond is having its era it had to have to be honest to be honest they did jack s**t for good part of 30 or more years since 1980 to be honest. Its their era now its currently 2017 and 2019 but probably add 2020 and maybe 2021 in thier too. It had to happen to all at the same time when the AFL comp is as even as.Look you can be an irrelevant joke for so long.

Collingwood though has had it. Look bucks and its footy dept would have won the flag by now saddly that time was in 2018. I feel now they are fizzling out. Like to see Collingwood to re structure their whole footy dept and develop an effective youth policy too. Like to see Eddie Mcguire to step down at years end and along with Bucks. Incoming Clarko for bucks and maybe Sally Capp for Eddie. To be honest ive had enough of the mediocrety of Collingwood and their stagneted sewer culture there and its been happening for years. Ill rather be re bulding then in the situation Collingwood is in. Seams to me success has given way to selfish attitudes. Also the Collingwood isnt a club nowadays and has lost its soul too and has become corrupt its eddie and bucks and his mates. They simply need a clean out. Needs to have a vision too.

I feel west coast are very well run outfit these days and i like brisbane too. Not sure gws though i feel they are been propped up by the afl too much and have not done the hard yards either.

Not sure about the rest of the teams i feel the rest are to be honest evenly matched and the Carltons and even Melbournes can be comptetive now and then too and look at the saints too.

Geelong its amazing has not missed finals since the 2005 season its 25 years finals for them if they make it in 2020.

Not sure next year but 2020 is down to 3 teams richmond west coast and brisbane. Port has a soft under belly and cant match it with these 3 and gws maybe too in this boat.

My final 8 in order

west coast
richmond
brisbane
port
saints
gws
geelong
bulldogs

top 4 are set the next 4 could be anyone.

ive got collingwood finishing in 10th/11th ala 2013-2017.

if collingwood get its s**t together ive pencilled them in for a flag say 2022 or 2023.

Collingwood though has had it. Look bucks and its footy dept would have won the flag by now saddly that time was in 2018. I feel now they are fizzling out. Like to see Collingwood to re structure their whole footy dept and develop an effective youth policy too. Like to see Eddie Mcguire to step down at years end and along with Bucks. Incoming Clarko for bucks and maybe Sally Capp for Eddie. To be honest ive had enough of the mediocrety of Collingwood and their stagneted sewer culture there and its been happening for years. Ill rather be re bulding then in the situation Collingwood is in. Seams to me success has given way to selfish attitudes. Also the Collingwood isnt a club nowadays and has lost its soul too and has become corrupt its eddie and bucks and his mates. They simply need a clean out. Needs to have a vision too.

I feel west coast are very well run outfit these days and i like brisbane too. Not sure gws though i feel they are been propped up by the afl too much and have not done the hard yards either.

Not sure about the rest of the teams i feel the rest are to be honest evenly matched and the Carltons and even Melbournes can be comptetive now and then too and look at the saints too.

Geelong its amazing has not missed finals since the 2005 season its 25 years finals for them if they make it in 2020.

Not sure next year but 2020 is down to 3 teams richmond west coast and brisbane. Port has a soft under belly and cant match it with these 3 and gws maybe too in this boat.

My final 8 in order

west coast
richmond
brisbane
port
saints
gws
geelong
bulldogs

if collingwood get its sh*t together ive pencilled them in for a flag say 2022 or 2023.
At last a Collingwood supporter with brains and teeth.

look i feel now that richmond is having its era it had to have to be honest to be honest they did jack sh*t for good part of 30 or more years since 1980 to be honest. Its their era now its currently 2017 and 2019 but probably add 2020 and maybe 2021 in thier too. It had to happen to all at the same time when the AFL comp is as even as.Look you can be an irrelevant joke for so long.

My final 8 in order

west coast
richmond
brisbane
port
saints
gws
geelong
bulldogs

if collingwood get its sh*t together ive pencilled them in for a flag say 2022 or 2023.

It was just an off hand comment in your post but I never get these comments about GWS "not having done the hard yards" and
"being propped up by the AFL". All the clubs get to share in some of the broadcast and other revenue the AFL collects. It collects
this money because footy and the clubs exist and play games between themselves. If you removed the AFL distribution to the
clubs, all of them would go broke. Tomorrow. GWS and the Suns receive more than the other clubs, but the likes of North &
St Kilda aren't far behind. As for GWS "not having done the hard yards". Plonking a bunch of 17 year olds down in western
Sydney with substandard facilities nine years ago, almost all of them from interstate and then having them subjected to the
level of vitriol and indifference they've received since then, it's been far from an easy road for the club. Add to that the
"return home" factor for the players, the Melbourne centric-ness of the comp & media and the defensiveness
of my club (the Swans) I think it's been an almighty uphill slog for the Giants. Sure, they get paid a lot of money, but all
footballers do. Is money everything? Really, is it? All the northern clubs are in a very challenging position. Less so the Swans
who have been successful despite surviving some terrible years in the early 90s but now have a substantial "rusted on"
supporter base, and the Lions to an extent. Other than the very common misconception about the Giants I thought your post
was quite interesting.

Swings and round abouts or snakes and ladders ?

I like the snakes and ladders analogy

in the early 2000's weren't the Lions hard to beat
a rolls royce midfield with Voss, Akker , Lappin , Black

then we had the Swans & West Coast giving us consecutive thrillers

then the Cats joining the party at the top

then the Hawks with the 3 peat

and now the Tigers are having a sustained stint at or neat the top

every club needs luck to make Top 4 and a GF
and they need luck ongoing to stay there

you need that really top flight player , if not a generational player

Voss & Acker , Judd & Cousins , Goodes , G Ablett & Scarlett then Selwood & Dangerfield , Buddy & Cyril , Dusty

those players will influence enough games that you are top 4 and they make the players around them play better

port - have wins on the board , will be generating excitment within the club , it will carry their season to finals time , then I dont know
west coast - Nic Nat , do I need to say any more
brisbane - building , they'll learn from their most recent loss and be a force in the finals
richmond - Dusty :) , but we have a good team around him , will depend on injuries close to finals , especially with the more senior players
saints - like port excitement can take a club a long way and they have some happening , I respect the coach , just do they have enough depth
gws - plenty of good and very good players , always around the finals , in danger of becoming a forgotten club if they dont get the silvewrware soon
geelong - are going thru a changing of the guard, good blend of youth and experience , can be a threat in the finals but injuries could derail them
Collingwood - were looking the goods pre covid , its a fine balance , De Goey & Grundy I suspect have to lead the charge to consistency and the oterh support in a more consistent manner , off field issues and the darling of the AFL , Eddie , could derail their season

missing out
bulldogs - their best is plenty good enough , their worst is too bad , young list looking to big things in coming seasons
essendon - seem to be losing their way , may just be an injury & depth thing
Suns - well who would have picked their performances this year , its not the Gold Coast we know and love , and they have some serious emerging talent , watch out 2021 + , but not this year
Melb. - did someone say snow ?
Carlton - Footscray used to be the "gunners" , the Blues own that now , I could see them struggling when Simpson finally goes , they have talent on their list but are missing a few pieces , they had some promising sorts in their VFL side last year , they need some of them to make the leap to AFL standard to make top 8
Hawks - the last couple of years they have over performed , well coached the middle tier of players with a wealth of big game and finals experience have carried them , they are in danger of living in 9th - 14th land for a few years
North - they try hard and from here down I wonder how the covid year will mess with the National Draft selections , I fear it could hurt the bottom four teams, maybe not with their top selection but their next couple of picks
Freo - they've been Ross'd
Swans - injuries , trades , and recruits just havent gone their way for a couple of years
Crows - Graham Kennedy was a wise man !!!! Phark phark

why is it only SOME people get to use the main board as their personal blog and I get threadbanned from my own thread.

HOW CAN YOU EVEN DERAIL YOUR OWN THREAD THAT NEVER STARTED ON THE TRACKS ANYWAY?

look i feel now that richmond is having its era it had to have to be honest to be honest they did jack sh*t for good part of 30 or more years since 1980 to be honest. Its their era now its currently 2017 and 2019 but probably add 2020 and maybe 2021 in thier too. It had to happen to all at the same time when the AFL comp is as even as.Look you can be an irrelevant joke for so long.

My final 8 in order

west coast
richmond
brisbane
port
saints
gws
geelong
bulldogs

You couldn't be more honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back