Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks
The flipside of talls in the wet is they're handy for all those long bailout kicks. Can't see us dramatically changing our structure
We've did it for the games vs Dogs & North and we won those, so can't see why we'd change this time.
I'm a lot more confident of a win with the rain.
Both great points. Also have the advantage that McKay and even McGovern (if he gets up) are pretty mobile.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Depends is Moore is one of the tall forwards...

Even more likely Moore stays now with the rain.

Can't imagine those conditions would be ideal for TDK to play his first AFL game in ages, and him with Cas & McKay prob too top heavy.
Moore is more medium size like Gov & JSOS...and look he actually showed some positive signs in the 1st quarter last week. Disappeared after that but so did most of the team and with those 2 plus Charlie out we don't have a lot of choice.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Even more likely Moore stays now with the rain.

Can't imagine those conditions would be ideal for TDK to play his first AFL game in ages, and him with Cas & McKay prob too top heavy.
Moore is more medium size like Gov & JSOS...and look he actually showed some positive signs in the 1st quarter last week. Disappeared after that but so did most of the team and with those 2 plus Charlie out we don't have a lot of choice.

If it's that wet, happy to leave out TDK this week, but if Gov isn't right, still drop Moore and go smaller. Maybe give Kennedy more forward time.
I think Honey and Fisher and going to provide more in the wet than Moore.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
If it's that wet, happy to leave out TDK this week, but if Gov isn't right, still drop Moore and go smaller. Maybe give Kennedy more forward time.
I think Honey and Fisher and going to provide more in the wet than Moore.

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I think Teague will stick with Moore given what we've seen of his selections this year.

He clearly likes his structure and wants at least 3 taller players in the forward line. Also without Gov he may feel we need Cas/McKay as forwards all game and so likes that Moore can chop out ruck. Levi was good against Hawks with 3 goals and it would be nice to have him/McKay as targets to combat the likes of Barrass and their McGovern who might be returning.

Defenders intercept marking has been killing us...against the Hawks and Power. Detracts from our 'forward half' game and we get killed on the rebound. Again, Moore may not be ideal but lets us keep our structure it's just unfortunate that Charlie/Gov/JSOS are all injured that's quite a big hit to any teams forward line.

Dec 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Re Cuners, interesting to note in our 3 best games this year v Cats, Dogs and Port he’s had 9,8 and 9 touches respectively for no goals.Zippo. Bombers game next best performance and we all know what he did as a mid that game.

Makes you think he won’t be a crucial out against another serious team this week and that a Philp or Honey would gives us at least as many touches and hopefully more goals than Cuners would.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Newnes has played over 150 AFL games, however you rate him, he’s way above O’Shea and Mullet.

If ya wanna stay mediocre, keep playing Newnes. All his 150 games have been in mediocre teams. With some luck and compliant selectors, he might even make 200 like Zaharakis.

We have better. And if we don't, we're in trouble.

When we had O'Shea and Mullett i don't think we had better, embarrassing as that is.

Dec 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
If ya wanna stay mediocre, keep playing Newnes. All his 150 games have been in mediocre teams. With some luck and compliant selectors, he might even make 200 like Zaharakis.

Did I say he was a gun? No just said way better than those other players. Yes we have potentially better, Of course, however are they fit enough or can they match his output right now is the issue.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Did I say he was a gun? No just said way better than those other players. Yes we have potentially better, Of course, however are they fit enough or can match his output right now is the issue.

Wasn't having a go at you, just using your quote to make a point about Newnes. I don't really see the point about comparing Newnes favorably to past spuds. To me it's what are we getting out of playing him as compared to others and what we could get out of them.

Each to their own, and all that.

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton

When we had O'Shea and Mullett i don't think we had better, embarrassing as that is.
Be happy if he was as good as Zaharakis....... he does flash in and out but his best is pretty good.

Sorry but dont think J.Newnes will play 200

and besides....three Jacks is too confusing :straining:

KnightsBlue

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton

We have kids that are better that are not quite there yet. Experience wins out and hes not the worst in our team by far

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Be happy if he was as good as Zaharakis....... he does flash in and out but his best is pretty good.

Sorry but dont think J.Newnes will play 200

and besides....three Jacks is too confusing :straining:

Imo Zaharakis is horrendous in his repeated mediocrity at best and his continual selection is symptomatic of their continued mediocrity. His last 2 good games have been against Collingwood. One this year and the other one in about 2012.

Slight exaggeration lol....but only slight.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Imo Zaharakis is horrendous in his repeated mediocrity at best and his continual selection is symptomatic of their continued mediocrity. His last 2 good games have been against Collingwood. One this year and the other one in about 2012.

Slight exaggeration lol....but only slight.
Have people even watched DZ in the last 2 year. In the past he used to get it without being damaging apart one goal in a ANZAC day clash (news flash that doesn't actually count for more than any other regular game despite the importance * supporter might give to it).

He is not even getting the ball anymore despite playing the softest most bruise free outside footy in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back