Game Day Pies vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it weren't for the 2 pot luck goals he was good for nothing. We had no numbers around the ground all day, and him replacing a mid was one of the reasons.
Felt like he was playing Blakey's role and did it much better than him. He did a lot more than Aliir

Felt like he was playing Blakey's role and did it much better than him. He did a lot more than Aliir
Would honestly rather Blakey for just the energy to make it to contests. Dunno if we were watching the same game but we were outnumbered 4:1 every contest, and felt like 5:1 forward of centre. Thurlow isn't the type of player to play that role.

Class is composure.

Lloyd, Rampe, Rowbottom have class.

Ling, Stephens might in time.

Parker, Papley, Dawson, McCartin, Mills have other worthwhile attributes.

The rest looked like an enthusiastic rabble tonight.

It is getting to the stage that people who defend him on here are plain and simple embarrassing themselves. I would go as far as to say he is embarrassing himself. You are ****ing CHF for **** sake !!! The ****ing key !!!! The Lynchpin !!! Not ****ing Reid !!!! He plays like a ****ing goal attack !!!! Lz Ellis would have a ****ing birthday on him. Sorry he's lost me.
Nice melt.

Would honestly rather Blakey for just the energy to make it to contests. Dunno if we were watching the same game but we were outnumbered 4:1 every contest, and felt like 5:1 forward of centre. Thurlow isn't the type of player to play that role.
I don't rate Blakey's energy atm. He looked shot and needed a circuit breaker. For his own development he had no right to play this game. Collingwood are a bigger, better, more experienced side who have a very good defensive set up. Scoring was always going to be hard particularly with our midfield weakness. Thurlow provided more around the ground than Blakey would have and more than Aliir did

Allir is not a forward. Melican is not a footballer. I love Paps but he must eradicate Greg Luganis quality diving from his game.

If it weren't for the 2 pot luck goals he was good for nothing. We had no numbers around the ground all day, and him replacing a mid was one of the reasons.
Too harsh.
He's not replacing a mid. Mills was. Thurlow was replaceing a fwd/df.
15 poss , 5 marks , 3 tackles is a solid game coming back. 2 goals is sugar on top.

Anyone who suggested we trade Lloyd should hang their head in shame.
i'd happily trade him.

he's a good ordinary player who relies on a short 15 m kick for about 20 possessions a match and his remaining 10 possessions can be very very good. lose rampe and we'd be destroyed. lose lloyd we could replace him with a whole range of players.

I like him but he isn't a superstar.

50 inside 50’s to 33.
Extra 9 scoring shots.
Midfield well beaten.

We hung in but t’s a reflection of how poor the Pies were that we that close. I doubt an isolated error here or there cost us.
Midfield was always going to be beaten (though we were coming in the 4th before the stretcher) but the game was always going to be about can we score from Collingwood turn overs given they can't score.

The answer was almost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allir is not a forward. Melican is not a footballer. I love Paps but he must eradicate Greg Luganis quality diving from his game.
Agreed. Yes he kicked 2 goals once but that was because he was the only tall playing. Keep Aliir as the 3rd tall back

Reid has confidence issues around goal but I think he actually presented really well and knew he was on a good opponent in Moore and lead him away from it. Reid on a few occasions realised his defender was on him close and because of the high kick gave up on the mark and twisted his hands to lay it down to The crumbers.

frustrating footballer just doesn’t often have a whole package night

Midfield was always going to be beaten (though we were coming in the 4th before the stretcher) but the game was always going to be about can we score from Collingwood turn overs given they can't score.

The answer was almost
Collingwood should have put us away in the first. They keep us in it and we nearly pinched it.

Collingwood should have put us away in the first. They keep us in it and we nearly pinched it.
Like I said, Collingwood can't score. If we were cleaner coming out of those I50s they had against us in the first we could have won with a decent margin early. We weren't because we couldn't capitalise on a weakness of Collingwood

Unlucky, probablyCollingwood slightly better. Thought plenty of positives.Unfortunately....we just panicked a bit toward the end and couldn’t take the chances that presented. Some decision making really hurt....Oh boy, Melican has probably played his last game, ETaylor had a bit of a mare however Wicks and Stephens showed plenty.

This.Better than judging umpiring off one mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back