Autopsy Swans Vs Pies Rnd 10 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

ill just focus on positives, look i never expected to win and ill judge the season as a whole

we were in the game

we still defend pretty well

lloyd was outstanding and assured
dawson pretty good
rowbottoms grunt work excellent
stephens gave us a spark
sinclair ok we dont get clearances but he was good v a great player

mills in my view has become a real leader at the club, and taken a step this year, has a real presence

we fight on in games every week just about

oh liked wicks, good player

bring gould in, don't care how fit or sh*t he has been , melican is done
Nice Kingy.
We've switched it seems.
I thought Melican did plenty of good defending tonight but our skills as a team are well short of the level required.

Could L Taylor play midfield more? Or not fit enough.. Gray was starting to go through there last week but I guess he didn’t impress enough

Please for the love of goodness sakes no!!

Both are awful

Well we’ve gotta change something because Rowbottom was carrying them in there and he’s a kid.

So? Give the kids some games. Rather that than play crabs like Grey and Taylor

AA doesn't seem as nimble as he was when at his best. Needs to shred down in the summer. But to be fair the poor bloke has been shifted into every position on the field. He's had no consistency what so ever. He played his best footy off half back yet he's had to chop out the ruck and full forward. He's taken a fair load on his shoulders, critisicm isn't fair imo.

P.s he would have put us Infront after bullying Grundy in that forward ruck contest. Absolute BS freekick weak as piss from the ump

AA doesn't seem as nimble as he was when at his best. Needs to shred down in the summer. But to be fair the poor bloke has been shifted into every position on the field. He's had no consistency what so ever. He played his best footy off half back yet he's had to chop out the ruck and full forward. He's taken a fair load on his shoulders, critisicm isn't fair imo.
Aliir needs a Heath Grundy and Ted Richards combo to play off as a loose defender. Haven't had that for awhile. Need some KPDs pronto.

I'd like to apologise for my comment re the umpire earlier. There was no sexist intent behind it, as she truly made terrible, one-sided calls all night. However it's important to recognise that half of those who commented about her personally would not have even been able to do so were it not for her gender. Male umpires are ******* useless all the time, but they generally aren't singled out by name as they are the majority. If we want to make the game truly inclusive then singling out one by gender is not the way to go about it. So I put my hand up for any part I played in that double standard.

The effort was there but as has been a trademark this season our turnovers cost us. Eleven more turnovers than the Pies who were wasteful in front of goal.

The lack of a genuine ruck makes life hard work against one of the top rucks. Midfield was well beaten and the forwards were starved off ball. Defence held up remarkably well given the onslaught.

We are a bottom 4 team and we’ll have to go to the draft a few more times to fill the gaps in our list.

Good contest in the end... bounce of the call mccartin’s way and we may have pinched it.

Agree with most of the comments so far.

Wicks and Bell hit the contest hard.

Stephens has that look of confidence about him, hoping that he is one of those players who can really develop in a few years... hopefully into our Bont with that sort of frame

Sinclair held his own tonight - credit there.

Think Papley is trying to do too much right now. Just needs to put his head down and win the footy like he used to.

Thurlow good, Fox impressed me again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were a contender I'd be filthy with that last five minutes but instead I can be happy our kids had a crack and the likes of Stephens, Wicks and Bell showed quite a bit.

Elijah will be a player when he adjusts to the pace and lifts his intensity.

The thing I like about Stephens is he doesn't seem to go for cheap possessions. He didn't get huge numbers today but you could tell he wanted to make every possession count, rather than handballing it sideways or being on the end of cheap handball receives.

When he starts being able to get the ball more, and gets stronger in his core he could be quite damaging.

I liked how he watched it go through from the ground after getting ironed out.

Imagine how good that would be! Watching your first career goal go through after taking a hard hit. Well worth the wait for Stephens I'd have thought!

The thing I like about Stephens is he doesn't seem to go for cheap possessions. He didn't get huge numbers today but you could tell he wanted to make every possession count, rather than handballing it sideways or being on the end of cheap handball receives.

When he starts being able to get the ball more, and gets stronger in his core he could be quite damaging.

he should stop adjusting himself when talking to horse though

Also guys like Ling, Stephens, ET, they're not perfect, they bite off more than they can chew at this point but isn't that what we want? They're so young they could easily be in their shells, but I'd rather them get s**t wrong from trying, and then learning from it.

In fact seeing guys so raw and so early in their career look like they know what they want to do, even if they don't have the ability to do it yet, makes Florent's current form all the more confusing. I still consider Florent to be a young developing player, but he's frustrating to watch at the minute as he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do with the footy. It's a little disappointing as his confidence looked to be at an all-time high in the first few rounds.

Also guys like Ling, Stephens, ET, they're not perfect, they bite off more than they can chew at this point but isn't that what we want? They're so young they could easily be in their shells, but I'd rather them get sh*t wrong from trying, and then learning from it.

In fact seeing guys so raw and so early in their career look like they know what they want to do, even if they don't have the ability to do it yet, makes Florent's current form all the more confusing. I still consider Florent to be a young developing player, but he's frustrating to watch at the minute as he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do with the footy. It's a little disappointing as his confidence looked to be at an all-time high in the first few rounds.

florent had a patch where he looked on

teams are giving him more attention

florent had a patch where he looked on

teams are giving him more attention
More damaging than Parker and Rowbottom in the middle so may as well tag him if you're gonna tag anyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back