Review The Kingbowl - Round 10 vs St. Kilda @ Metricon (Thus 6/8/20 - 8:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

These close losses just give no confidence when we get in front that we'll be able to hold it. We could've won 6 or so games last year if we won the close ones. Feels like a repeat even though the opposition are better.
I actually said to my Dad when we got 10 in front in the last.. the boys don’t know how to be in this position especially when we were behind at three quarter time.. we probably hit the front too soon?? That’s okay though it will create belief amongst the team trust me.. also imagine what this team would be like if a bloke of the name of Rowell comes in? Just dream and imagine

Sharp barely sighted, didn't show much when he had it. Bowes seemed way off it. Swallow busted his gut but just had no touch. Barely saw Holman either. Didn't seem to do more than he has past few rounds.

Sam Day needs to kick a goal soon. He's been having shots recently but just shanking them.

Sharp barely sighted, didn't show much when he had it. Bowes seemed way off it. Swallow busted his gut but just had no touch. Barely saw Holman either. Didn't seem to do more than he has past few rounds.

Sam Day needs to kick a goal soon. He's been having shots recently but just shanking them.
Haven’t seen Holman in weeks

Forgot to mention, how the feck did Witts not get get a free kick from Ryder jumping on his head ?? Absolutely mind boggling !!

There was another Saints mark just near the goal square (he converted the shot) but the umpires missed Greenwood being thrown sideways out of the contest by Steele. Another horrible decision.

When the margin is under a kick, you can analyse 10-12 passages of play that may have cost you so best not to get too hung up on it.

Meanwhile, the Suns have played one of the games of the season.

I'm not sure that's ever happened before. Boys should be happy with that.

I am worried about how much we rely on Greenwood and Miller in the middle though. Would like a bit more depth to help them shoulder the load, but that's where Rowell comes in. Anderson didn't look too bad in there either.

Was just a great game of footy. Someone had to lose and unfortunately it was us.

A lot to take out and didn't get embarrassed on the big national stage.

Need to beat Essendon though next week to prove the effort has been worth it.
Yep. Need a win. If we don't beat Essendon next week tonight will be very quickly forgotten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just a great game of footy. Someone had to lose and unfortunately it was us.

The game probably deserved a draw..

Anyway we should beat Essendon next week on our game tonight

Ch7 will be demanding we play more FTA before too long. Texts from mates who support other teams saying it’s the most entertaining game they’ve seen in months.
And I’ve been advocating this for ages! This is why we’ve been given a Friday night game against Carlton. I can smell a Friday Night Q-Clash coming too ❤️💛💙

I get what you're saying but we get in position so often the past 2-3 years and can't finish it off. We're going to have win the close ones to make our next leap.

Great game by your boys coming off a 4 day break, ran out the game well. Sexton needs a spell loses so many crucial contests and makes simple mistakes. Collins is an all aus lock atm, while I though Ballard has his worse game I’ve ever seen him play. His hands are usually safe as houses. Few boys look really tired but if you play like that you’ll beat essendon easily next week.

Great game by your boys coming off a 4 day break, ran out the game well. Sexton needs a spell loses so many crucial contests and makes simple mistakes. Collins is an all aus lock atm, while I though Ballard has his worse game I’ve ever seen him play. His hands are usually safe as houses. Few boys look really tired but if you play like that you’ll beat essendon easily next week.
I will probably rest Day, Budarick and Holman, bring in Wright, Joyce and Flanders

These close games... will turn into wins sooner rather than later.

This time last year, it was spankings. Big improvements have been made in a short amount of time. Gotta be proud of that.
We lost 5 under 10 points last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back