Autopsy Swans Vs Pies Rnd 10 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Aliir needs to go back to HB
Sinclair looks as though his body is about to give uon

They'd just got Aliir back into good form after his swing forward against Gold Coast and a good game in defence against Hawthorn and then he has a shocker up forward against Pies.

Leave him at CHB, bring in Amartey or McLean to be forward/2nd ruck.

Last edited:
Yikes. Those are long studs. Can relate. I've been stepped on in the bottom of rucks for years playing rugby and these can be very dangerous.

I will say though that the action when Quaynor got hurt is a way I've never seen anyone get hurt by with those kind of studs. And of course Wicks had no intent to do anything bad so there is a freak accident element to it imo. TBH I'm still puzzled as to how those studs actually did that kind of damage in that tackle...but those studs can be very damaging.
Can't see it myself either given he is in front of him, and if anything his studs should have raked the front of his shin, and not the back. Even watching the replay cannot see where the contact is. Really puzzling tbh. Maybe his calf just burst at the seams due to pressure... :shrug:

Aliir needs to go back to HB
Sinclair looks as though his body is about to give uon

Aliir needs to put in , his effort is awful , maybe he is injured, but seems to pick and choose when to play

Sinclair yeah you are right but At least he has a crack

I’d like to look at Lloyd

I think he played a rare game where he will universally be the pick for BOG amongst most.

This year he is not just defending non stop as much , has been up the ground a bit more and yeah they bombed it to him a lot helped

But I liked his decisions, his kick ins are a pain most of the time and he can just chip around but last night he seemed more aggressive to me and attacking. I felt him having the ball was important to us more so than normal

Just a very nice game would like to see him wing/midfield more and more

Aliir needs to put in , his effort is awful , maybe he is injured, but seems to pick and choose when to play

Sinclair yeah you are right but At least he has a crack
Lost a lot of confidence in his ability to handle the ball. Which is unsurprising given how shite he's been at it.
Really needs a rock solid big KPD to work off IMO. If Brand is it I hope he gets back soon. If he's not we need to do some shopping in the offseason.

Sinclair has been incredibly admirable in how much physical punishment he's put himself through for a club in need of someone, anyone to play in the ruck. It's not his natural, best spot to be a number one but he's stepped up and worked his backside off to give us someone competitive there.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's all starting to take a toll on his body. He did well last night on Grundy but we need a true, reliable number one desperately to take the load off him.

Lost a lot of confidence in his ability to handle the ball. Which is unsurprising given how sh*te he's been at it.
Really needs a rock solid big KPD to work off IMO. If Brand is it I hope he gets back soon. If he's not we need to do some shopping in the offseason.

I think in dream land rampe has shifts over to the 2nd best forward and gun recruit takes the big match up
Then a brand or whoever is on the other tall and Allir is almost spare and runs off and creates from defence

Say what you like about Sinkers as a first string ruck, but few have earned their salary like he has the last few years.
He's copped an absolute battering for the club. Full respect as a Swans player.
Hope he goes ok post career with his body.
was I giving him s**t or bagging him was I?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have been a good game. A young team giving it a real hot crack. Just skills that completely fell apart under pressure, but that will come. We drew two quarters, won one and lost one. We were shafted in free kicks. On the positive side we continue to mature. I liked Wicks and Stephens seems more comfy at the senior level. Ling, Bell-end, Rowbum, they're all gaining experience. Taylor needs to do the basics well before he tries the Magic stuff. Thurlow...who'd have thought. He's got a good head on him. Shame he fluffed it at the death. I like what the boys are trying to do but a few more experienced seniors to give them more support would be nice.

I'd like to see us run it out of defence more often. Break the lines as the Pies did. We have some quick players down back. Rampe's no slouch, Ling, Fox and Cunningham appear to be genuinely quick. Even Lloyd has a bit of toe. Melican's not quick but he's not there for pace. It seems Aliir would rather be elsewhere.

The one thing that really pissed me off was the one-sided commentary. Seriously Fox, most of the people watching that game didn't give a flying f&^k about Collingwood, Nathan *ley or some plonker young Pie's toothless hag of a mother mouthing off like a complete bogan on a video call. Why can't Fox commentators at least acknowledge the non-Victorian team ? I'm tired of this Victorian bullshit. It's supposed to be a national competition. At the very least pay some lip-service to the Swans and give Swans fans some respect. You testicle gargling Melburnian todger tossers.

The other thing that pretty much pissed me off was that umpire. Was she "serving hot Pies" at 30,000 feet on the flight to Brisbane ? 23 frees to 11 in Pies favour suggests she may have been.

Melican's not quick but he's not there for pace. It seems.

Was recorded as fastest Swan last night equal with Rampe (and equal second on the ground).

Is slow of mind though, and a slow turning circle, but doesn’t seem to be a slouch in a straight line.

The one thing that really pissed me off was the one-sided commentary. Seriously Fox, most of the people watching that game didn't give a flying f&^k about Collingwood, Nathan fu**ley or some plonker young Pie's toothless hag of a mother mouthing off like a complete bogan on a video call. Why can't Fox commentators at least acknowledge the non-Victorian team ? I'm tired of this Victorian bullshit. It's supposed to be a national competition

Completely agree with this. Hudson was the worst offender. Raved about the Pies debutante (and good luck to him) and barely mentioned Wicks.

Was recorded as fastest Swan last night equal with Rampe (and equal second on the ground).

Is slow of mind though, and a slow turning circle, but doesn’t seem to be a slouch in a straight line.

And that is the key point. The bloke plays without evident footy IQ or even ability to read the ball in flight.

Fair enough, but I think the AFL should ask why that stretcher took an eon to leave the ground. Collingwood were clearly milking it for time. We lost our momentum and their players got the long rest they so desperately needed. Sure, if a player has a spinal injury care should be first and foremost, but it was clearly not the case. As usual the AFL investigates with alacrity the slightest whiff of impropiety within the Sydney Swans but acts in a somewhat anodontic manner when it comes to a powerful Victorian club.

Fair enough, but I think the AFL should ask why that stretcher took an eon to leave the ground. Collingwood were clearly milking it for time. We lost our momentum and their players got the long rest they so desperately needed. Sure, if a player has a spinal injury care should be first and foremost, but it was clearly not the case. As usual the AFL investigates with alacrity the slightest whiff of impropiety within the Sydney Swans but acts in a somewhat anodontic manner when it comes to a powerful Victorian club.

They are two separate incidents though this isn’t a swans/vic thing

If the studs do that to an opponent it should be looked at , that’s fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back