Autopsy Swans Vs Pies Rnd 10 2020

Joycerama

Team Captain
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

I love him but let’s face it. Parker has a bad game. Way too many dump kicks that came straight back over his head. His defensive pressure was great though. As for Reid, he brought the ball to ground with plenty of 2 on 1 and sometimes 3 on 1 situations, but rarely puts in a complete game. He should hopefully build as the weeks progress.

Umpiring was foul. Not just one of them, all of them.

If they can consistently apply pressure like they did, and create plenty of turnovers, they’ll soon know where to put the ball. We have three + players per game coming in and out of the side.That makes it nigh on impossible to get the structures right and to anticipate movement. Assuming that this year will be spent selecting the right list for the future, next year is likely to be spent getting game time together as a group. That will make a big difference.

Interesting how Buddy isn’t coming up much in conversation these days. Do you think we’ll see him on the field for any more than a couple of games again max?

Sinclair criticism unwarranted, we know he’s not a star but was not flogged and held his own this time against a boss ruckman. I don’t recall to many clean takeaways from the pies mids.

He gave away free kicks early
Criticism of Sinclair for last night would be harsh he battled well but that’s a big reason for our decline as we struggle to develop much in the middle without great service. Has never been much chop just a good solid effort player.

it’s ok to be proud of him the way he goes about it. Also ok to not be thrilled that he is all we have and not really helping matters.

As good as Lloyd was last night continuing to use him to kick out is nuts he is so predictable. Though guess I can’t suggest Melican as a replacement. Cunningham wasn’t too bad running it out. Just not as composed as Lloyd but far more creative.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
He gave away free kicks early
Criticism of Sinclair for last night would be harsh he battled well but that’s a big reason for our decline as we struggle to develop much in the middle without great service. Has never been much chop just a good solid effort player.

it’s ok to be proud of him the way he goes about it. Also ok to not be thrilled that he is all we have and not really helping matters.

As good as Lloyd was last night continuing to use him to kick out is nuts he is so predictable. Though guess I can’t suggest Melican as a replacement. Cunningham wasn’t too bad running it out. Just not as composed as Lloyd but far more creative.

Lloyd has hit Haywood 70m up the guts multiple times over the past 4 games. It’s working well

Fair enough, but I think the AFL should ask why that stretcher took an eon to leave the ground. Collingwood were clearly milking it for time. We lost our momentum and their players got the long rest they so desperately needed. Sure, if a player has a spinal injury care should be first and foremost, but it was clearly not the case. As usual the AFL investigates with alacrity the slightest whiff of impropiety within the Sydney Swans but acts in a somewhat anodontic manner when it comes to a powerful Victorian club.

I believe the reason why they could only take slow movements was because the doctor was holding two sides of his shin skin together. Any quick movements could have done more damage than there already was.
Had nothing about milking anything, just more about player care about his health and safety.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I believe the reason why they could only take slow movements was because the doctor was holding two sides of his shin skin together. Any quick movements could have done more damage than there already was.
Had nothing about milking anything, just more about player care about his health and safety.
I think most of us have come to that conclusion. Just felt weird in the moment, now that we know what happened we all understand why it took so long.

I think most of us have come to that conclusion. Just felt weird in the moment, now that we know what happened we all understand why it took so long.

I was surprised that this board particularly went there though, given we ourselves were accused of fudging a stretcher play four years ago.

IMO there is a lot wrong and corrupt with the AFL. But club medical staff are there for one reason and one reason only and that is the welfare of the players, and so to accuse their actions of having any kind of ulterior motive I thought was a little out of line.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I was surprised that this board particularly went there though, given we ourselves were accused of fudging a stretcher play four years ago.

IMO there is a lot wrong and corrupt with the AFL. But club medical staff are there for one reason and one reason only and that is the welfare of the players, and so to accuse their actions of having any kind of ulterior motive I thought was a little out of line.
The cart driven must be another scrapper.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
He probably doesn't get it as he's in the UK

The cart driven must be another scrapper.

FFS let it go. Maybe you and I have a different idea of what a scrapper is.

To me it's a good thing. I called Serong a scrapper because he always cracks in.

I said we don't need a scrapper because we need guys on the outside with a bit of class, which hopefully Stephens is.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

I made comments about the slowness of the vehicle before really having a look at his injury... so I withdraw my complaints about that.

Freak injury.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney

I think it was an emotional reaction.

No one's smart when watching an afl game.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
FFS let it go. Maybe you and I have a different idea of what a scrapper is.

To me it's a good thing. I called Serong a scrapper because he always cracks in.

I said we don't need a scrapper because we need guys on the outside with a bit of class, which hopefully Stephens is.
You let go ! it's so annoying

Back