Preview Round 11, Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs, The Gabba, Sat August 8th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you think other clubs have it right. What other changes you want?
As many posters have mentioned, a number of our midfielders are starting to look cooked.

Could have selected Dev on Tuesday for Mitch. Zac Bailey to play wing and Dev to play inside. Then rotate a different midfielder out each game. Zorko, Berry and McCluggage all looking tired.

Dev gets four games under his belt, with only one, four day break in there, between the first and second game. So it’s not a heavy load for him.

I wonder if Cox will ever get a game?
Doubt it. Coleman is getting named as an emergency ahead of him and they're similar enough players that it suggests Cox is at least second and possibly third or more in line of players not even in the seniors.

As many posters have mentioned, a number of our midfielders are starting to look cooked.

Could have selected Dev on Tuesday for Mitch. Zac Bailey to play wing and Dev to play inside. Then rotate a different midfielder out each game. Zorko, Berry and McCluggage all looking tired.

Dev gets four games under his belt, with only one, four day break in there, between the first and second game. So it’s not a heavy load for him.
This year is not about getting kids games it’s about finishing as high as we can to provide a double chance. It’s Devs first year he has done nothing and you want to go in against the dogs without Zork, Berry or McLuggage? I don’t understand how people think dropping *enter best 22 players name* for *enter untried 1st/2nd year players name* gives us a better chance of winning.

This year is not about getting kids games it’s about finishing as high as we can to provide a double chance. It’s Devs first year he has done nothing and you want to go in against the dogs without Zork, Berry or McLuggage? I don’t understand how people think dropping *enter best 22 players name* for *enter untried 1st/2nd year players name* gives us a better chance of winning.
I think he meant on Tuesday.

We have no option but to play our best team in this game now.

If our players come up and play near their best we win.

The point being that looking at them on Tuesday they looked half cooked and we lost anyway.

Back at the Gabba helps.

Awesome to see Matty Eagles back.

I was just wondering about Allen Christensen..thought he would have got a chance by now but still not even an emergency..
He was a solid player last year and gives some stability up forward.. curious if anyone thinks his fitness might be an issue, or some other reason Bundy is out of favour?

Mainly because I believe Dev is a better player than Mathieson, who is our only experienced depth mid.

It’s not so much as getting experience in to any kids.

If I thought Mathieson was a better option, I would have named him.

It’s clear the coaches rate Dev, as they only took 2 mids down to our Sydney bubble. Mathieson and Robertson.

Nor am I the first to mention a number of our mids are looking exhausted. It’s not going to help our chances of winning any of the games you mentioned if Robinson, Zorko, Berry or McCluggage can’t run out games.

It was noticeable that Robinson and Zorko were knackered by three quarter time against Richmond, and had almost nothing left to give in the last quarter.

I was just wondering about Allen Christensen..thought he would have got a chance by now but still not even an emergency..
He was a solid player last year and gives some stability up forward.. curious if anyone thinks his fitness might be an issue, or some other reason Bundy is out of favour?
I’m guessing age an injury have caught up with Bundy.

He just might not be up to any more, and was kept on a squad depth and to provide leadership in the reserves.

Last year was a very shallow draft, so we probably kept one or two players on for an extra year, rather than delisting them and taking an extra pick to the draft.

And for what it’s worth, this years draft was considered shallower than last year, but 2021 and 2022 are considered stronger and deeper.

Mainly because I believe Dev is a better player than Mathieson, who is our only experienced depth mid.

It’s not so much as getting experience in to any kids.

If I thought Mathieson was a better option, I would have named him.

It’s clear the coaches rate Dev, as they only took 2 mids down to our Sydney bubble. Mathieson and Robertson.

Nor am I the first to mention a number of our mids are looking exhausted. It’s not going to help our chances of winning any of the games you mentioned if Robinson, Zorko, Berry or McCluggage can’t run out games.

It was noticeable that Robinson and Zorko were knackered by three quarter time against Richmond, and had almost nothing left to give in the last quarter.
I really thought they might bring in Cox or Coleman at least for this game.

The Dogs will be looking at our last game and be trying to run us off our legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really thought they might bring in Cox or Coleman at least for this game.

The Dogs will be looking at our last game and be trying to run us off our legs.
Only way I see Cox or Coleman getting a game, is if Charlie or McCarthy are out for what ever reason.

If lists are cut at the end of the year, I fear Cox may not survive on our list.

I really like Cox, and believe he has a lot of talent. Just sometimes being talented is not enough to make it.

Only way I see Cox or Coleman getting a game, is if Charlie or McCarthy are out for what ever reason.
Ah Chee is the other out that I wouldn't be surprised to see them replace too.

I'm probably most disappointed for Christensen.

I reckon he'd offer more than most small forwards.

Would've also like to have seen Matheison and Cox too. As others have touched on, not sure why or how Robinson and / or McCluggagehave not been rested to date and hopefully they perform better than the past two games. Same for CEY, was pretty poor last Tuesday and expecting more this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back