Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Can I get your analysis as to why we should ‘get on it’? Not being a smartass just curious
Get on siacoin.

I’m not going to go into on here why.. I suggest people do there own homework. But what I will say I’ve been doing this along time now and when I mention certain crypto watch what happens...

It’s time to invest. Never been a better time.

for newbs getting in, absolutely do not buy XRP and litecoin lmfao.

In fact do not buy anything else aside from BTC and ETH.

If you really want some risk, consider defi options (KNC, REN, Synthetix, Aave, Compound, Maker, Loopring, BNT, Rune etc).

But what about the other stuff? I suggest unless you can explain the following in detail to a lay person, you are likely to lose significant money speculating:
- Byzantine fault tolerance
- PoW consensus and the longest chain rule
- The benefits and severe limitations of alternate consensus protocols (PoS, DAG, Federated byzantine agreement incl quorum slices)
- Weak subjectivity and the 'nothing at stake' problem
- Collaterized debt positions and liquidation mechanisms
- Disadvantages to decentralized finance (i.e. congestion in the underlying protocol that limits your ability to over collaterize).
- Flash loans
- Key traits of hard money (scarcity, fungibility, portability, durability, divisibility, acceptability)
- Atomic swaps vs dark pools
- Oracle risk and the custodian problem (incl sybil attacks)

Last edited:

Quixote

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jan 1, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda

If you really want some risk, consider defi options (KNC, REN, Synthetix, Aave, Compound, Maker, Loopring, BNT, Rune etc).

All newbies -- the above post is correct.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

But what about the other stuff? I suggest unless you can explain the following in detail to a lay person, you are likely to lose significant money speculating:
- Byzantine fault tolerance
- PoW consensus and the longest chain rule
- The benefits and severe limitations of alternate consensus protocols (PoS, DAG, Federated byzantine agreement incl quorum slices)
- Weak subjectivity and the 'nothing at stake' problem
- Collaterized debt positions and liquidation mechanisms
- Disadvantages to decentralized finance (i.e. congestion in the underlying protocol that limits your ability to over collaterize).
- Flash loans
- Key traits of hard money (scarcity, fungibility, portability, durability, divisibility, acceptability)
- Atomic swaps vs dark pools
- Oracle risk and the custodian problem (incl sybil attacks)
BNB is a safe bet too (at least by crypto standards), with the added bonus of giving you a discount on your regular shitcoin trades on binance. That will come in handy if BTC goes parabolic. The TA looks good at the moment.

I recommend going heavy on ETH over BTC. Far more upside in my opinion. During this bull run, I wouldn't be surprised if ETH topples BTC....I expect it to happen.

Going heavy on shitcoins before BTC hits a new ATH isn't a good idea unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

I've gotta say that fundamentals don't mean s**t compared to hype. When the hype train gets moving, it pays to jump on quick and jump off even quicker. Don't let yourself be the bagholder. If a coin is being shilled to death on social media, take a hard pass.

Last, but not least. Listen to the gambler by Kenny Rogers. There's a reason many poker players love crypto trading.

Last edited:

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
dips like that are a turn off for new crypto investors, making it take longer ect whales be disgusting like that
Price corrections and retesting of support are necessary for healthy price growth. When the herd is margin trading long, the herd gets rekt.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd play it carefully here, guys. There's a reasonable chance that support will be retested at some point.

Vkm8UtGm

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m thinking august be floating around then September moon shot. Let’s see.
The cryptomarkets don't have huge liquidity and market sentiment is bipolar, so short term fluctuations are difficult to judge. Most of my money is in for the long haul and I have my eye on a 30k BTC target.

If there are technical signs that we've topped, I'll change strategy. Until then, I'll ride out the bumps.

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
The cryptomarkets don't have huge liquidity and market sentiment is bipolar, so short term fluctuations are difficult to judge. Most of my money is in for the long haul and I have my eye on a 30k BTC target.

If there are technical signs that we've topped, I'll change strategy. Until then, I'll ride out the bumps.
Same.. No matter what the moon shot will come.. I’ve never been this confident since early 2017. I’m buying in the dips and part of me wants to see a big dip to buy more crypto. I’ll be watching today to buy more. My portfolio hasn’t moved in the last 24 hours actually gone up. I’ve got 20 different coins.. just bought WazirX.. Indian.

Last edited:

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Same.. No matter what the moon shot will come.. I’ve never been this confident since early 2017. I’m buying in the dips and part of me wants to see a big dip to buy more crypto. I’ll be watching today to buy more.
I think we'll get a dip below 10k, maybe even into the 8's. There's a CME gap in the mid 9k region.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I hedge my BTC investment using LINK. What do you ladies and gents use as a hedge?

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Let’s see. For some reason I think we broke through the resistance and this won’t happen. Time will tell.
It's not unusual for retesting of support after a breakout. I'm up to my ears in crypto so it's better for me if it doesn't happen, but I have ammo at hand just in case.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
fu** me. Protocol band. Off tap. Up 664%..in one month. and I missed it. Wait for the dip now.....arrrh. Lol.

Anyone think more in this run or wait. . .?

I guess I went chainlink. Hoping it jumps more. Great gains aswell.

But let’s face it I think bull season is here for at least a year.. long game.. long game.
I'm biased, but I think chainlink will hit a price in excess of $100 before this run ends. I expect bitcoin to be toppled in this run too. There are better coins out there than btc.

Never fomo into anything is my advice. Let the prices come to you or give it a hard pass. I have a good bag of link, but I hope it pulls back a bit so I can justify buying more. I've been riding the link train since under $2.

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm biased, but I think chainlink will hit a price in excess of $100 before this run ends. I expect bitcoin to be toppled in this run too. There are better coins out there than btc.

Never fomo into anything is my advice. Let the prices come to you or give it a hard pass. I have a good bag of link, but I hope it pulls back a bit so I can justify buying more. I've been riding the link train since under $2.
Hope so. We are in good times.

Back