Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes you need to look at the players strengths not what they perceive to lack. Unfortunately you cannot be good at all aspects. He is an attacking goal kicking wingman. The want for him to defend has taken the attacking part of his game away as he is now in two minds - should I attack or sit back and defend.
It might not be team structure but you need to play with the cattle you have and work to that, not try and transform them into something else.
If it costs a couple of goals I would bet it would create at least 3.

I reckon the Godees could be a chance of a deal on Polec as they really lack his type. They don't have a first-rounder to give though.
That wouldn’t work for North for Polec as he wouldn’t meet the criteria for Red and Blue cheats footballer and the reasons why that is as follows his allergic to .
1 The Snow
2 They haven’t got a Snow Jacket in his size
3 He hasn’t got the right car for snow chains to go to Mount Hotham in the middle of winter.
His stays at North but his form will improve in 2021 like his team mates when they see the alternative facing them playing for Sewer Plant opps Werribee Tigers when they take us over at VFL Level next year.
But North supporters don’t panic the North board won’t be affected as they will get they kick backs from business deals from the Werribee board and the city of Wyndinvale area😁.
Maybe the board like the good ol days of a few years back can hold a get together for there business mates from Werribee at Honey’s bar in South Melbourne after a game but don’t forget to invite BS Brad Scott ,Joyce and the BS decibel Mr 1st president in the AFL Wounder Women James and his mates that he got on the board and the 3 White Knights.
Should be a good night for all involved.

That wouldn’t work for North for Polec as he wouldn’t meet the criteria for Red and Blue cheats footballer and the reasons why that is as follows his allergic to .
1 The Snow
2 They haven’t got a Snow Jacket in his size
3 He hasn’t got the right car for snow chains to go to Mount Hotham in the middle of winter.
His stays at North but his form will improve in 2021 like his team mates when they see the alternative facing them playing for Sewer Plant opps Werribee Tigers when they take us over at VFL Level next year.
But North supporters don’t panic the North board won’t be affected as they will get they kick backs from business deals from the Werribee board and the city of Wyndinvale area😁.
Maybe the board like the good ol days of a few years back can hold a get together for there business mates from Werribee at Honey’s bar in South Melbourne after a game but don’t forget to invite BS Brad Scott ,Joyce and the BS decibel Mr 1st president in the AFL Wounder Women James and his mates that he got on the board and the 3 White Knights.
Should be a good night for all involved.
Are you sure you're not a Collingwood supporter?

I don’t think he knows what he is. Where do all these *******s come from? Trolls? Why would anyone bother?

My comment was a snarky reference to the general lack of literacy displayed in the comment. Not saying I am proud of myself for having done so but that ship has sailed.

What table r u looking at? Are you saying you wouldn't want 4 picks from that top 20?

Look at what Carlton picked up - enough to regenerate a goal to goal line in one year.

This is exactly why your need to get multiple picks in the top 20 - to regenerate your list.

What's the alternative - our old approach of maintaining a mature list to ensure we win 8 games a year?

The one thing we can look forward to as North supporters is that we now have a guy in Brady who knows what he is doing and you can be assured that getting access to multiple R1 picks is at the top of his priority.
I'm not aversing to trading for picks if we get a good deal but what was being mooted for Polec was an R2 pick with us picking up some of his salary. That is not a good deal.

Shaw’s really trying to get the most of the year. He doesn’t have a lot of guys in the reserves to trial so he is moving seniors around the board and giving them experience in different roles. I reckon he has found out a bit about these players already and when the need arises these blokes won’t feel out of their depth being drawn or thrown into a different role.

It’s a development year for Polec just as much as Mahoney or Hayden.

I'm not aversing to trading for picks if we get a good deal but what was being mooted for Polec was an R2 pick with us picking up some of his salary. That is not a good deal.
Agree - that is not a deal we would take (unless there has been a complete and intrievable fall out between Polec and Shaw).

Polec is a good to very good player - high draft pick and would get a game in any team as an outside player.

We gave up alot to get him - to lose him for anything less than a pick around 10-12 would be a bad loss for us.

Agree - that is not a deal we would take (unless there has been a complete and intrievable fall out between Polec and Shaw).

Polec is a good to very good player - high draft pick and would get a game in any team as an outside player.

We gave up alot to get him - to lose him for anything less than a pick around 10-12 would be a bad loss for us.

Regardless of the reasoning for why he got dropped, and whether that was the right thing, he almost single-handedly dragged us back into the game against Carlton. He is a very good player.

He might get dropped this week if Rhyce bakes him for a selfish piece of play.

He didn’t do much in the first 3 quarters so Rhyce benched him for the start of the last. Goldi lined up on the wing so surely something was at play here.
The rocket he copped by being dropped clearly didn’t register as shown by his lack of awareness and willingness to help his teammate.

The kick inside 50 to Majak for his goal from Jy was a good entry. But Jy himself had no favors whatsoever as he kicked.
Simpkin being next to the boundary could only pull off that kick using his right foot.
But Polec is running ahead of him and called for the ball. There was defender quickly approaching Jy. Instead of looking to shepherd or lay a block, Polec throws his arms out. He nearly gets in the way of the kick actually.
Not good enough and if I was Jy I would have ripped into him.

Considering Polec only has a left foot why on earth was he calling for the ball on his wrong side?? Is he mad.
The lack of awareness is even worse.
Polec could have been blindsided and cleaned up by the approaching defender if he got the ball. He’s lucky Jy didn’t handball to him as he would have been crunched.

I didn’t like that at all.

View attachment 929264
I dunno if you've read that situation 100% right. Probably should have put the shepherd on at the end, if he was close enough, but attacking players don't often think that way. I dunno if he was selfishly calling for the ball tho.

He may have been calling for the ball or he may have been telling Jy he had enough time to pick a target and go long to them. You can't tell from that footage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just don’t shepherd. It’s a team wide ethos, for some stupid reason.

Jed does. Our first goal happened cos Jed prevented Selwood from tackling Jy in the centre. He's not the only one either. But ... iTs only cos I was thinking exactly what you posted that I started looking for players shepherding. It does happen but no where near as often as it should. Not everyone does it either. I wonder if players who shepherd as juniors don't get noticed any more cos someone else gets the possession...

It's comp wide thing. Players look for the hand ball receive rather than shepherd.
Yeah. I wonder if its is as mentioned in that last post, natural shepherders get missed or aren't valued.

It's also the bump being out of favour and sometime arbitrary blocking frees IMO. The game is less contact oriented as well these days so it may be seen as less of a priority than spreading to provide options.

I disagree mate. I think heaps of teams block and create space foe each other.
It's different to instinctive shepherding tho. Teams set up around the ball to create space differntly.

I remember watching video of one of the Davey brothers, at the goDees, and it was simply him running 30 to 50 metres to provide a shepherd to a player in space in what would have been a one on one otherwise. As a result the player ran further before kicking and the defence was less organised.

It's rare that sort of space exists any more tho so maybe that plays a part.

Maybe players are so focused on structural play that they just miss those instinctive opportunities to body someone instead of doing their role.

Are you sure you're not a Collingwood supporter?
Just a passionate North supporter that can see thru the BS of the board who drain the supporters for every cent thru memberships thru to building fund money who year and year LIE TO THE SUPPORTERS about what's going on with the club.
Plus I'm a fully paid-up member of this club, are you? As being a Collingwood supporter all I can say to you how dare you to say that mate.
Now go away and enjoy supporting Werribee next year on a Sunday while I'm getting to head into Marvel to watch my team at 4.45pm as a fully paid member while you drink a warm beer and eat a cold pie and try to become someone of importance amongst the swill of the Werribee Football Club supporter base.

My comment was a snarky reference to the general lack of literacy displayed in the comment. Not saying I am proud of myself for having done so but that ship has sailed.
I just want this Club to upfront especially regarding the VFL Side for 2021 and onwards we as supporters should be given a say on this like having a setup fund like western scum dogs had with their VFL Side as for being some sort of troll I'm a passionate supporter you should try it

Thanks for puttng this up. This is what the trade-our-best-players-for-draft picks cadre don't seem to get. Even R1 is a lottery. There will be a few hits and lots of misses, depending on the overall quality of the draft. And this year is nothing like 2018.
Dom Tyson was pick three. Not to knock him either but no one is suggesting he is the answer to our problems.

Jed does. Our first goal happened cos Jed prevented Selwood from tackling Jy in the centre. He's not the only one either. But ... iTs only cos I was thinking exactly what you posted that I started looking for players shepherding. It does happen but no where near as often as it should. Not everyone does it either. I wonder if players who shepherd as juniors don't get noticed any more cos someone else gets the possession...
Dumont shepherded Polec from getting to Dangerfield in that centre bounce in the last quarter.

Sans Cunnington a fit Dom Tyson would’ve been helpful.
Maybe he would but is he worth pick three?

For example ... LDU went at four. Curtis Taylor and Bailey Scott went in the 40s as did Brown.

That was my point.

You are more likely to get quality players higher up the draft sure but it's not set in stone, and some draft crops are better than others. An elite player with five years plus left is worth a lot in terms of development, luck with injuries, skill, attitude and life circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back