Preview Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why we aren't playing Preuss here. Feels so stupid to send Jackson and one of TMac/Weid against Goldy who is in excellent form.

Adding on to that, Preuss spent a couple of years training against Goldstein and the last 1.5 years training against the best tap ruckman in the comp.

Surely he would be able to hold his own in ruck contests at least. I mean, we are paying him as if he is a best 22 player.

Surely, surely it should be Preuss ruck backed up by Jackson forward and some unnamed person back.

Ah I have it now - a cunning stunt- name TMac and swap with Preuss at the last minute to sow as much confusion in Norf as in Dee supporters.

Kind of hoping Norf beat us now just to see a journo question this selection stupidity.

Nek minnut: "oh look, it's a fantastic selection learning"

It’s one thing to simply not be good enough but the ritually stupid decisions that are made at selection time after time under this cupid stunt of a coach are rage inducing. To ‘manage’ Gawn and go in with a ruck division of an 18 year old off a four day break and a bloke who is without doubt the most disappointing player on the list since 2018 is breathtakingly arrogant. Goodwin is a DH.
It’s exactly this kind of selection that will cost us. McDonald isn’t a ruckman, Jackson is not likely to play like last week every week, if he is Going to pick Rivers now then why not play him last week when there is no recognised CHB?

The whole thing is just inconsistent and odd. Goldstein just gets a mental win already knowing Gawn is out and McDonald will be his direct.

Tmac brings nothing to the team, you watch Weid go quiet now while we bomb it looking to tom at every opportunity.

Spargo replaces Harley? Guarantee spargo will have less of an impact than Harley had the last few weeks, at least with Harley you know he had the skills up make something happen, spargo doesnt give me that same confidence.

I guess we’re relying on their inside ball unit being rubbish. Dumont has been good recently but Simpkin is out of form after starting the season well and picking up an ankle injury. Watch us play him back into a starring performance.

I think we’ll still win obviously given North are garbage and the melting is a bit extreme, but we’re certainly making it hard for ourselves. Unless they are just using this as an opportunity to try TMac in the ruck to see if they can find another role for him in the side on ball/the wing even with Gawn back in.

Wow weird changes again. Lockhart out is silly, done nothing wrong. Jones should be out but stays. AVB lucky too.
I like the ins except for Spargo. I think we should be ok if we let Jackson do the majority and then swap forward with TMac for a rest.
I do think we see still too short down back, especially with no Gawn to go back and help out. I actually would have brought Smith or OMac in (Hore if uninjured).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully TMac plays majority in the ruck. Don't ruin the synergy in the forwarding between Weid and Jackson.

And if he doesn't he better not have him at full forward, that's Weids spot. Don't give a s**t if he's tired and they want to play him deep for a rest. Put him on the bench.

Adding on to that, Preuss spent a couple of years training against Goldstein and the last 1.5 years training against the best tap ruckman in the comp.

Surely he would be able to hold his own in ruck contests at least. I mean, we are paying him as if he is a best 22 player.
Most definitely nothing wrong with Preuss as a ruckman. He isn’t much else but he can ruck ok.

But honestly, is there Synergy? I mean we only beat Adelaide last week. Jackson is a fair way off being a recognised KPP.
I think there is. Way less flying for the same ball compared to when Tmac played.

Hard to compare games I agree, but I saw more blocking and forward craft between the 2 in the Hawks and Crows game than for a long time with Weid and Tmac.

Tmac was just trying to get to everything and not thinking about Weid. I think he'll have a better game playing as an undersized ruck and it will allow him to get his hands on the ball and use his tank to gopd effect. Without Brown May can give Tmac a chop out if Goldy goes forward.

I think there is. Way less flying for the same ball compared to when Tmac played.

Hard to compare games I agree, but I saw more blocking and forward craft between the 2 in the Hawks and Crows game than for a long time with Weid and Tmac.

Tmac was just trying to get to everything and not thinking about Weid. I think he'll have a better game playing as an undersized ruck and it will allow him to get his hands on the ball and use his tank to gopd effect. Without Brown May can give Tmac a chop out if Goldy goes forward.
The old Robert Walls ‘Give him a run in the ruck’ trick

While we keep plodder Harmesy. 🙄

Thought Gus' last quarter was actually really good. I know which one I'd be trading.
I think harmes has a little more diversity to his game (although he hasn't shown it this year) Brayshaw need to play as a onballer.

If it come to trading, harmes gets us pick 35, Brayshaw gets "he was 3rd in a Brownlow and is young" which might get us 12-20 from a team who are dumb as dogshit like Carlton or Essendon (who he would fit perfectly)

I know what you're saying but offering harmes for trade is like offering you my worn in sfida boots, Brayshaw is at least a worn in pair of nikes.

I think we’ll still win obviously given North are garbage and the melting is a bit extreme, but we’re certainly making it hard for ourselves. Unless they are just using this as an opportunity to try TMac in the ruck to see if they can find another role for him in the side on ball/the wing even with Gawn back in.
TMac has two spots, CHB or CHF. If he isn’t getting picked in either one, trade him.

I think harmes has a little more diversity to his game (although he hasn't shown it this year) Brayshaw need to play as a onballer.

If it come to trading, harmes gets us pick 35, Brayshaw gets "he was 3rd in a Brownlow and is young" which might get us 12-20 from a team who are dumb as dogshit like Carlton or Essendon (who he would fit perfectly)

I know what you're saying but offering harmes for trade is like offering you my worn in sfida boots, Brayshaw is at least a worn in pair of nikes.

I don't think there is that big of a difference between the two universally, maybe to some recruiter who had a hard on for Brayshaw predraft. I'll be ****ed if Im dealing with the likes of Bell and trying to get Gus to Feel to play with his brother.

I'd put them both up for trade and see which offer comes back best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back