Game Day Port v Richmond - Rd 11 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

A few of players look like they need a rest but Butters isn't one of them. He works his arse off during a game but at the end he looks in reasonably good condition. He really is remarkable.

6 day break before the Geelong game and then 8 days before Hawthorn. And even if the AFL plans on another condensed few rounds from 14-16, we still have a bye during that period so it will be hardly condensed for us.

I don't think anyone is necessarily going to be rested provided they get managed properly during the week in terms of training loads. We've gotten through the hard patch already.

6 day break before the Geelong game and then 8 days before Hawthorn. And even if the AFL plans on another condensed few rounds from 14-16, we still have a bye during that period so it will be hardly condensed for us.

I don't think anyone is necessarily going to be rested provided they get managed properly during the week in terms of training loads. We've gotten through the hard patch already.
I agree, was going to post this. I think the club has done well to rest players during games, by reducing their game minutes, but not impacting on team structure. I would be reluctant to rest player unnecessarily particularly when we have an upcoming bye sometime between rounds 14 and 16. We now have a 6 day break and an 8 day break. I woul imagine the AFL will likely schedule us another 4 day break in th3 condensed rounds, because after all we are Port Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back