Preview Round 11, 2020: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 10 August 2020, 8.40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't be surprised if Day misses this week, it's gonna be a real slog. I'm thinking Jones will play but Silk sounds unlikely.
Hartley probably debuts

Now that sounds sensible. Keep him in the twos to develop this craft I say cos we need smalls pronto and it’s pretty handy when they can rotate in the middle
All the mids except tom Mitchell need to spend some time forward. This is especially true if you are going to play off of the bench. The centre bounce combination at the end of the second quarter against carlton was Mitchell, wingard and Breust. We ran it for two bounces in succession. Omeara and worpel both played in the forward line at that time and were both involved in kicking the last goal of the quarter. The mids just need to be able to contribute up forward to give us better depth in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the mids except tom Mitchell need to spend some time forward. This is especially true if you are going to play off of the bench. The centre bounce combination at the end of the second quarter against carlton was Mitchell, wingard and Breust. We ran it for two bounces in succession. Omeara and worpel both played in the forward line at that time and were both involved in kicking the last goal of the quarter. The mids just need to be able to contribute up forward to give us better depth in the middle.
All the more reason to throw Jones forward more often

Gping back to threepeat years Sammy, Shiels and Hodge seldom went forward. Maybe Hodge the most. Lewis certainly played forward

and Burgers went wherever he wanted

If Burger is out, I am expecting Minch to come in.

A older body, given an opportunity to gel with Breust, Wingard and Jars.

Won’t be upset with Moore coming in either, but I think they’ll be trialing Minch to see if he can do what they thought he might.

Not a big fan of these late team announcements!

Who comes in for Silk. Moore, Nash, Minchington and Hanrahan could play his role. We could shuffle the team around for either CJ or Jones. Or just release Jones into the forwardline.

Patton surely is getting close could he come in for a ruck and have TOB do the support....

I have no idea.

If Burgoyne does miss, I would like to see one of these 3 players get a shot to debut

Damon Greaves - running hbf who is good in the contest 1 v 1 and who could also push into the mid if needed, one of the best rookies we have recruited in recent years

Mat Walker - medium forw who is a contested marking player, can play pretty well in midfield also, player from the recent super draft

Finn Maginness - inside mid who can also play as a medium forw, big body, good endurance, clean hands, good kick when clear, good goal kicker

CJ could also give us run from defense or Nash could give us a unique forw option.

I know this is not the season to complain about things, but was hoping for fine, dry conditions. I feel a wet slog fest will even things up as was the case at the SCG a few weeks back.

Screenshot_20200809-111415_Instagram.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back