2nds Carlton Reserves 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

fu**, you got to get creative when it is 12 a side.
Better than nothing though, which feared early in week would not have anything like this.
Glad Fisher got a run and all our other youngsters fit enough to play footy right now.
Keep in mind they restricted the width of the field to compensate for the sheer amount of space out there. By the read of it, we had at least one on the bench, so this was a consequence of Essendon's situation at present.

What I like is that the kids are more productive than they usually would be in the VFL, and that gives them confidence, and repetition at a solid level of intensity. I would argue that at times it looks a higher level of intensity than VFL football.

Posted in the training thread but probably belongs here

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1593392312001

Some nice highlights
LOB looks to have some serious wheels running from HB Would be a good addition to the side with that run and long kicking
Stockers snap from 45 that sails through
Honey just running through the indigenous opponent on the mark on the wing

Would be good to see the * goals to see the flaws as well.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1593392312001

Some nice highlights
LOB looks to have some serious wheels running from HB Would be a good addition to the side with that run and long kicking

That move from Honey was so disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some nice highlights

If you go into the opposition website, they have a video of their goals and highlights, they used the ball better going forward from what I could see and hit up a few targets. Just seemed to be cleaner going forward.

It's hard to tell just watching highlights, but I reckon Honey might have overtaken Stocker in the queue. He certainly looks more 'conditioned'.
They're in different queues. From what I saw, Stocker was playing as about as well as I've seen from him in a Carlton or Northern jumper.

They're in different queues. From what I saw, Stocker was playing as about as well as I've seen from him in a Carlton or Northern jumper.
That's true, and all of the queues are longish, for the first time in decades. Still reckon Honey might get a chance before Stocker, despite coming from a 1 year handicap. He may be less polished, but looks more urgent, explosive and buffed.

Haven’t been able to find a write up of our reserves game, but saw this little snippet in a st. Kilda one....”The Saints were outclassed in the opening half and despite a more competitive showing after the main break, the highlights were few and far between”...

I’m assuming we played them.

Haven’t been able to find a write up of our reserves game, but saw this little snippet in a st. Kilda one....”The Saints were outclassed in the opening half and despite a more competitive showing after the main break, the highlights were few and far between”...

I'm sure there'll be more info coming through on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We kicked one goal for the entire game, Saints destroyed us.

I am just happy they played something on weekend. Those 19 to 21 year olds on our list need something to do to keep them in loop and just developing, at least in minutes of match practice.
I was concerned there was no scratch match at all last weekend.
Hopefully up on Gold Coast they got one this weekend too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back