Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Definitely helps that one of our academy coaches Jason Torney is doing commentary. He is providing plenty of information/context in regards to our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can name plenty that shouldn’t be in it, a lot of them key positions players and rucks. He is quick, good goal sense and looks to have a lot of scope for improvement. Ticks a lot of boxes as a potential forward/wingman.
Yeah, who makes these decisions? Some good players do get shafted.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thoughts on Colenso's game so far? Has he been good or just been in the right place at the right time to get on the end of a few?

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Been a bit underwhelmed by Will Bella
Can't seem to get his hands on it. Would it be fair to say this is one of the first games he has played with a lot of these guys? Obviously he was living in Mackay when he was a bottom ager at the U16 level and I'm not sure he even made the state team back then so perhaps he is just adjusting to the way these new teammates play and they are also adjusting to him?

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Josh Fahey the star of the day

looks a top 20 prospect for next year
We don't have access to him, though. Do GWS retain access to Fahey or does he just go on the open market? The only recent example I can think of is Elliott Himmelberg who grew up in Wagga Wagga, moved to Brisbane in his mid-teens and then got drafted to the Crows. I don't believe either the Giants or Lions had academy access to him that year.

We don't have access to him, though. Do GWS retain access to Fahey or does he just go on the open market? The only recent example I can think of is Elliott Himmelberg who grew up in Wagga Wagga, moved to Brisbane in his mid-teens and then got drafted to the Crows. I don't believe either the Giants or Lions had academy access to him that year.
Open market. There was an article that mentions neither club has priority access to him.

I enjoyed Gore's selfless/team efforts today. Definitely a real professional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back