Autopsy Shameful game V Dees - tell it like it is right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

McDonald excellent.

Larkey continues to impress.

Tarrant solid despite the pressure.

You know what, pragmatically, every team is allowed to have a really bad period and to our club’s credit we haven’t been wooden spooners since what the 70s or something?? I hate it as much as anyone but at least for once we might pick up some high end talent. Our club doesn’t really have the luxury of really bottoming out, so if it’s going to happen at least this is the year. The bottom line is that the teams that are up there now have bottomed out at some point and picked up good recruits. (Maybe not Geelong though....)

We have reached a point now where bottoming out isn’t even a choice, we are just that bad we are set for a very long bleak period down at the bottom.

One team had a system and the other did not.

10 goals, and it should have been 100+ points in a shortened game of football.

Rhyce would want to have this game plan dialed in by round 1 next year, or he won't see out the season.

Where do you start......McKay , hall, Bonar, Campbell was emergency today, that says it all ! Tyson , Garner, Turner, Atley,Jacobs, Wood, Xerri, Ahern just to name a few. All need to go for this club to go somewhere in the next 10-20-30-40-50..................years!

I am staggered at the calls for Shaw to go in the GDT. Give him at least a draft FFS to undo all of the misdemeanours of the past few years.

Shaw cannot be blamed for the poor foot skills of Jy, Jed, Higgo, etc. That's on them.

As professional footballers, it is incumbent upon them to work on their skills with their line coaches and Shaw's role is to provide the game plan.

We've seen the game plan work. At the moment, we are simply not executing.

Throw Cunners back into the mix and this releases Jed/LDU and the whole midfield balance changes.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am staggered at the calls for Shaw to go in the GDT. Give him at least a draft FFS to undo all of the misdemeanours of the past few years.

Shaw cannot be blamed for the poor foot skills of Jy, Jed, Higgo, etc. That's on them.

As professional footballers, it is incumbent upon them to work on their skills with their line coaches and Shaw's role is to provide the game plan.

We've seen the game plan work. At the moment, we are simply not executing.

Throw Cunners back into the mix and this releases Jed/LDU and the whole midfield balance changes.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Knee jerk reactions mate, it’s laughable.

North has always stood for something. Even when we've been bad we've fought.
We're showing no heart or pride as a whole.
I've never been more despondent and/or embarrassed by the team. I have watched this team week in week out for 40 years and have just about checked out.
My kids don't bother watching any more.
I could cope with a rebuild, which we've needed for years, if I thought we'd do it right, but there is precious little evidence that'll happen.
I was angry 15 ago now I'm just sad.

I don't get overly emotional with losses and try and be logical and pragmatic. I'll pretty much excuse the last qtr, down to 1 rotation with a 3rd game in 8 days it was no surprise that it got away from us. Jy, Goldy

positives
- LDU first half
- LMac and Robbie.
- Larks, looked dangerous all night.

negatives
- Cam Z's kicking. something is amiss with him, hasn't come back the same player since his injury
- Jy and Higgo's kicking, two of best ball users and when the game was still in the balance they used it terribly.
- no seperation in the fwd 50. Maj, Larks and Pittard haven't played much together but they were getting in each other's way. Pittard flies for too many marks full stop in the forward line.
- defensive transition and set up behind the ball is a big problem and has been all season. Zurharr had a shot at goal, missed it to the far side and Melb basically coasted us. should never happen.
- Boner doing his shoulder was heart breaking. He was looking awesome off half back and was clearly our best user behind the ball. It made sense what they were trying by moving him back, hope its not too bad.
- Jy is carrying an injury IMO

We are playing wingers and mids as small forwards and its showing - desperately need 1 or 2 quick buzzy small forwards so we can lock the ball inside 50.

Rhys is trying a few things, i don't mind it. hopefully it gives him plenty of ammunition and stuff to work with next year.

Atley no longer seems quick. The one asset to his game.
Higgins was turning the ball like it was hot s**t.
Polec isn't an inside mid, stop playing him like one.
Leave pittard in the back line.
Mahony, is a legend, but we have too many slow mids as it is. A slow forward who isn't laying tackles assists with putting us back years.
Our centre work is losing it's integrity week by week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back