Autopsy Shameful game V Dees - tell it like it is right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt about it. Did Higgins even start in the middle once tonight?

I'm not jumping overboard yet, but this game plan is horrendous right now, and it is predominately the game plan that is the issue.
It makes no sense from a draft perspective to tank in this particular game, we’d have gained far more by winning. It’s a handy excuse but that gameplan is what Rhyce thought gave us our best chance, which says a fair bit about his tactical abilities. Needs a seasoned assistant (who isn’t Jade Rawlings) with tactical nous ASAP

The boys are cooked at the moment.

This is part of the pain of a raft of injuries and playing the kids. It’s ugly but we have a solid foundation of youth. Rhyce, Brady and co are figuring out what we have to work with going forward so they can continue turning the list over.

Once our young talent gets a run at it and some more experience things can start to turn quickly. We’ve still got the likes of Perez and Comben to come on top of our picks this year.

It’s painful to watch right now but it’s the perfect year to be awful.

A starting midfield of Cunners, Jy and LDU in 2021 will be worth the wait.

Shaw made Goodwin look like a super coach . But we’re missing a few players so I’ll let it slide . Maybe we can beat the lions next week.

Those saying that skills are an issue, they’re bang on. However, look no further than Luke McDonald.

Has absolutely transformed and is now the most reliable kick on the field.

All the other campaigners need to follow suit.

Positives:

• Jmac very good today and has been one of the few shining lights of recent. 2 efforts that directly stopped and created a score.
  • Lmac B.O.G.
  • Tarrant rock solid as always.
  • Larkey very good as well considering the shitful delivery.
  • Dumont solid from the spread.
  • LDU very good
  • Walker did what was asked and brought the ball to ground. Went forward and back too.
  • Bonar looked alright until he got injured.
  • Higgins tried to create.
Negatives:
  • Jy. Inexcusable disposal.
  • Pittard. Didn't do much. Barely noticed him.
  • Polec. Defensively he is a liability. Doesn't like to hit the contests hard. Needs a rocket. Question marks have to be raised to his impact offensively.
  • Hall. Besides a good couple of plays in between, basically gets let down by thinking too much. Hesitates way too often and it is a direct detriment to his ball use. North personified right now.
  • Atley. His role is unknown.
  • Durdin. His selection was questionable and it proved to be ineffective.
  • Shaw. Questionable selection and questionable game plan tonight. Melbourne were prepared to go all out, we weren't.
Melbourne just needed to get it out the back and they were away. Did Shaw not notice we had to do the same as well? They were leaving their man deliberately to get numbers forward. Scoring 35 points against a team defensively inept once it gets on the outside is horrendous. Regardless of the short break, they broke us wide open and we gave up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw made Goodwin look like a super coach . But we’re missing a few players so I’ll let it slide . Maybe we can beat the lions next week.

Id like to think we could but we would struggle to beat Freo at this moment, outside of that it could be a bad end to the year

For those who heard and spoke to good sources, we were pretty busy cranking ourselves off in the off-season.

"Can't wait for the season to start", "everything has changed" and lots of not so subtle digs at the former staff.

I was sucked in by our run of games in 2019 and I'm telling you so were they. I posted here post Swans that i hoped we had more upour sleeves than simply trying to beat up the opposition.

I'm concerned now. Various extenuating circumstances aside we look disorganised, unrecognisable week to week with players falling apart mentally and physically. Baffling selections.

Covid? Yeh, for 17 other clubs too.

I was sold but as inferred elsewhere, for every Paul Roos there's a Jeff Gieschen. fu** me.
Well I had us pencilled in for 12th this season (and alot on here were happy to question my judgement pre season so plenty of BF posters were enjoying the crank as well) and now I have been proven overly optimistic. I was never sure why people were so bullish on us - blind optimism no doubt.

We are a bottom 2-4 side, old, slow, no leadership and poorly skilled.

I think everyone can now see what I have been banging about for weeks/months/years on here - we need to hit the draft hard with multiple selections in the top 30.

There is no other alternative than to bringing in 20 new players over the next 3 years in aggregate and rebuilding the list from the ground up.

New leadership is required and by what I have seen of Shawry he needs to show alot more to get a contract extension.

Brady is the man to turn this around - we need to give him the ammunition.

As crap as we were tonight the first 3 i would be delisting didnt even play, no point maintaing jacobs, garner and vickersWillis when they cant ever get on the track.

Don't agree mate. There was a bloke out there tonight that I would be delisting before Jacobs.

It is so very hard to watch us play right now.
I don’t know what we’re trying to do with the ball half the time and it’s almost as if we’re playing with a block of butter between the 50m arcs :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back