Review Dees v Norf: the Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good
The win

Bad
Goal kicking in the first half

Fugly
The Roos, they were horrendous all night, looked more lethargic then we did against port, probably should have pushed the 80-100 point margin tbh

Good: North board’s death-riding thread has been totally silent during one of our games for the first time this season

the very good;
Burgo, last two 4th quarter melb 13.9 87 Vs crows/norf 1.1.7

The good;
2018 Oliver and Gus combining with Trac
backline apart from Tomlinson
coaches selections
Take that against our bogey side a win and handy percentage with Gawn and Viney out

the bad;
Goal kicking

the ugly;
Norfs kicking, I think our kicking only let us down inside 50/on goals norf was putrid all over.
Umpiring abain

Watching Trac tonight I now know what its like to be a tigers supporter watching Martin or a cats fan watching Ablett or Danger.

Hes not up there with them yet, but he gives you that feeling that when he wants to impose his will on a game he just does it and no one can stop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Trac tonight I now know what its like to be a tigers supporter watching Martin or a cats fan watching Ablett or Danger.

Hes not up there with them yet, but he gives you that feeling that when he wants to impose his will on a game he just does it and no one can stop him.
He hasn't eclipsed Martin's peak yet, but he's a better player than him now.

All lines played well. Forwards not finishing their good work but still presented well and kicking inside 50 was good.

Backline were great. Very aggressive, which exposed us a few times but set up so much. Created a ton of turnovers in the middle.

Midfield was showing their talent. We need to fit Brayshaw in the middle. He is just so much better between the 50 arcs.

Jackson rucked incredibly. He is elite all my doubts on him are officially gone.

Umpiring was shithouse but they evened it up, not exactly what you want but consistently bad or unbiased but terrible is better than the opposite.

Good win in the end. We played pretty well across the whole game but couldn't kick straight early and gave up some soft goals with frees/the 50 from Vanders.
Some really nice attacking play throughout, the 'connection' between midfield and forwards was great. Liked that we were able to control the ball in the last too.
Trac, Gus and Oliver were brilliant throughout. Clarry much more composed with the ball. Weid was very good with his marking. Shame about his kicking.
North were verrrrry ordinary, but good to put them away in the end.

Good: Early signs are great for the 2019 draft although we've seen this before with 2009...

Bad: we play a decent team next week, an opportunity to s**t the bed

Weid is finally delivering on the promise consistently. I feel like our biggest weaknesses aren't our fringe 6 any more, its carrying past legends.

Gus is back. The bell has tolled for Harmes.
Needs to be dropped. But he was almost grabbing marks and busting through packs, they will probably persist.

Did some ok link work, but ultimately you could throw Sparrow as a tag and Harmes could be replaced by a better defender or outside player.

Good: North board’s death-riding thread has been totally silent during one of our games for the first time this season

I wish more teams supporters would death ride us, Always works out great for us somehow

Let's not mention that one time we made a death riding thread and it went bad though thanks

Gus is back. The bell has tolled for Harmes.
Agree with Gus, showed what he is capable of played in the correct position, he needs to be played there from now on. Who do we remove from the midfield? Trac can play forward but is way to valuable following the ball, Viney is an inside mid, thats it. Harmes, I don't know what to think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back