Drink to your health

Remove this Banner Ad

Right, this year is getting me down, so I’ll drink to your health instead, share your favourite tipple or drink of choice

I'll let you know tomorrow krakouers... Because I reckon I might try every single alcoholic beverage ever made tonight!

I'll let you know tomorrow krakouers... Because I reckon I might try every single alcoholic beverage ever made tonight!

Mate, for me, Bourbon would be the one drink I couldn’t take, no matter how much I think it’s a good idea, no matter how drunk I get, it’s the one drink I cannot smell
All from a particularly bad night as a 20 yo

Just lit the fire in the lounge and have started on my first beer. I've got a nice Irish Red Ale which would be perfect but it needs another week or so in the bottle so I'm having a Rover (by Hawkers).
For an irish red ale to get that balance of sweetness and bitterness crystal malt is essentual. Took me about 18 months to figure this out when i got back from ireland a couple of years ago and developed a pechant for the smithwicks. It also helps if you have a beer engine to pump it through, like john smith of tadcaster a tight nitro head really enhances the style.

I'm usually a Scotch person. But someone has got me on the rum. Not the mixer type white rums but straight up dark rums with ice. I am now enjoying both Kraken and Plantation pineapple rum.

For an irish red ale to get that balance of sweetness and bitterness crystal malt is essentual. Took me about 18 months to figure this out when i got back from ireland a couple of years ago and developed a pechant for the smithwicks. It also helps if you have a beer engine to pump it through, like john smith of tadcaster a tight nitro head really enhances the style.
Yep, same here with the Smithwicks in Ireland. The Guinness over there was pretty damn tasty as well.
I’ve run out of crystal so the new batch has small amounts of choc malt and roast barley.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing better when the rain is coming down, a s**t game, to sit back with a lovely Port

Pity about the lovely port, just a $5 special from Aldi but it will do tonight

Mate, for me, Bourbon would be the one drink I couldn’t take, no matter how much I think it’s a good idea, no matter how drunk I get, it’s the one drink I cannot smell
All from a particularly bad night as a 20 yo

Yep, I know a few who have their drinks they can't go near due to one "particularly bad night as a 20 yo".

Personally, I'm not a fan of bourbon... But I can drink it.

Anyway, sticking with my drinks of choice tonight... Might seem like a weird mix, but they're my 2 faves: Rum, then Ouzo.

Back in the heady days of June 2016, I ventured down to Hobart to watch us demolish the Tiges and go 10-1. The next day I headed to Nant for a tasting and bought myself a not inexpensive bottle of their single malt with the intention that I'd crack it open when we won the flag.

To this day it mockingly sits unopened on my booze shelf, safe in the knowledge that it will remain untouched for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back