Autopsy Shameful game V Dees - tell it like it is right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a good 23 and under core, so not all is lost
LDU
Simpkin
TT
Kyron Hayden
Bonar
Ahern (Probs the most skilful kick on our list)
W Walker
Curtis Taylor
Zurhaar
Larkey
Comben
Perez
Mahony
Bailey
Xerri
2 first round picks to come
Disagree - what makes this bunch better than the young talent at other clubs which is the precise measurement to assess on. A few of these guys havent even played a game! Only Larkey, Taylor, Bailey have potential from that list.

One team had a system and the other did not.

10 goals, and it should have been 100+ points in a shortened game of football.

Rhyce would want to have this game plan dialed in by round 1 next year, or he won't see out the season.

Limited cattle, but that doesn’t excuse having not brand. That’s on the coach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The boys are cooked at the moment.

This is part of the pain of a raft of injuries and playing the kids. It’s ugly but we have a solid foundation of youth. Rhyce, Brady and co are figuring out what we have to work with going forward so they can continue turning the list over.

Once our young talent gets a run at it and some more experience things can start to turn quickly. We’ve still got the likes of Perez and Comben to come on top of our picks this year.

It’s painful to watch right now but it’s the perfect year to be awful.

A starting midfield of Cunners, Jy and LDU in 2021 will be worth the wait.
Maybe. But it’s a midfield that is small and slow. Typical of north midfields over last 2 decades.

They improve our existing 22 significantly, only a football moron would claim otherwise.

Do you think this club can endure another 4 years of this? I have some ****ing news for you in that case.
They're doing a great job improving the Crows- a team that currently boasts more than a dozen grand final players. Oh another thing, with another 20 to 50 games into LDU, TT, Hayden, CZ, Curtis, Jy, Scott, Bonar, Larkey and two top end kids this year, this Club will be just fine.

Disagree - what makes this bunch better than the young talent at other clubs which is the precise measurement to assess on. A few of these guys havent even played a game! Only Larkey, Taylor, Bailey have potential from that list.

Interesting take.

Jy, LDU and TT don't have potential?

The number of times we brought the ball out of D50 and had them split open was laughable. The only thing preventing us from making it a contest tonight was us. sh*te foot skills and fumbling the ball when one touch play was required. Our minds have played enough football to be able to hit passes under zero pressure, yet the had more turnovers than an Austrian bakery.

My view is that Shaw knows 2020 is a bust and he's taking the opportunity to grade his cattle. He's just working out which ones are headed to the knackery.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah that is all well and good in theory but giving a % boost to the club whose pick we have suggests that that isn't the case at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The skill level was deplorable. Worst I can recall while following the team for 55 years.
I suspect/hope Higgins is carrying an injury. He has been pretty underwhelming. Polec And Hall have been found out as marshmallow football mercenaries. Atley seems to try but his run has disappeared and his disposal is atrocious. Durdin - no, just not up to it. Not sure what people saw in Bonar besides the fact that he got a few more possessions. Not a game breaker. Dumont is just a player. Simpkin and Anderson are needing the help of the older players. I think they are both feeling totally stuffed. Zurhaar seems to be missing for too much of the game. Mahoney would normally be gaining experience in the twos. Bailey Scott should have run and kicked the goal but the message about short kicks and handballs just stuffed him up. He shows good speed and potential. LMac has redeemed himself. Larkey growing into a very good KPF. LDU coming along nicely. Tarrant is Mr Consistent and the workload he is carrying is enormous.
Shaw, I believe, is using this season to sift through the list. I really don’t know if he can coach but I do like the idea of clearing out the deadwood and giving the young players opportunities.

What a load of tripe, and filled out with irellevance. So someone please explain how the departures of petrie and boomer would have any bearing at all on the current situation?

Clutching at straws and trying to say s**t that anyone who follows the sport and has half a brain already knows.

It’s probably all been said already, but we have a lot of youth playing each week and the 2 most senior leaders not playing. Easy to understand why we look rudderless, but not easy to understand why we lack a brand right now.

Few specific observations:
- LMAC finally bringing consistency and the quality we expected when he was F/S
- LDU will build fitness, extend the first half into running out the game, and then lift another 50% agIn in the next 2 years. Just look at Petracca who was drafted 3 years earlier
- Durdin suffering from never getting an opportunity and then being thrown in at the deep end. Should have been 3rd tall back for the last 3 years and have 60 games to his name. Then we could assess properly, unfortunately for him he’s going to be dumped
- Bonar looked like he was getting the pace, shame he’s done for 2020 now
- time to cut Hall, you can’t run at a rate of 8 mistakes to 1 positive and keep getting away with it

Between 1964 and 1973 as a kid wins were hard to come by. Most were celebrated like a flag. Modern AFL set-up makes it even harder for us " minnows "

Rhyce been handed a basket-case.

Youse blokes used to good times keep the faith. We will get there.
Agree on the paucity of wins pre 73. They were so fecking rare. But think we need early picks and a lot of them. The Polecs and Anderson’s are not enough to change things. We need 5 LDUs

Most of mates/scumbags barrack for the dees. By the 4th qtr the banter chat on WhatsApp stopped. No gloating no rubbing it in. We were that bad that blokes who thrive on giving it to one another felt they needed to ease up on me. F **n demon supporters feeling sorry for us. A new low. A new low.

They're doing a great job improving the Crows- a team that currently boasts more than a dozen grand final players. Oh another thing, with another 20 to 50 games into LDU, TT, Hayden, CZ, Curtis, Jy, Scott, Bonar, Larkey and two top end kids this year, this Club will be just fine.

Totally agree and there’s a few more to add to that list, which is why we need to stop playing Atley, JMac, Hall, Walker, and probably a few others asap. Otherwise you get the Durdin and BMac situation of 5 years on the list and 20 games to their name

Surely you aren’t a north supporter? I haven’t seen a more pessimistic north “supporter” in my lifetime!

Is that supposed to be an insult? If pessimistic is what you call someone who calls it as it is then yeah, i love being negative. This club is ****ed, actually the club has been ****ed for the last 20 years. To go one step further, because we didn't bottom out after carey left we have actually killed ourselves. It's becaues of this shinboner spirit that has doomed this club for good. What we call shinboner spirit in professional world is called middling stagnation. This club has been stagnant for the last 20 years. There is no way back from this other than pack up shop in vic and start again elsewhere and if you can't handle that the brutal truth then it's okay, Norther/Tassie roos won't miss you as a member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back