Autopsy Shameful game V Dees - tell it like it is right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the question.

For every Clarkson, Thompson or Hardwick that looked awful after a couple of seasons of development but turned out a multiple premiership winning team, there's a - hell there's so many that have tried and failed I can't name some examples. Whoever coached the Saints or Melbourne or Brisbane or Carlton in the last decade? The names blend after a while. It's not an easy thing, this caper.

For me, worse case scenario is Shaw ends up a transitional coach like Schimma. There's an open question as to whether he was unfairly dumped or not, but at the very least he was the guy that put the club on the path out of the doldrums by investing in the kids. It might be that Shaw gets dumped due to lack of results, but was the one prepared to upend the table to see what was underneath. At this point, isn't that what we need?

But hang on, didn't brad scott do that in 2017, if the club allowed him to continue the gutting through 2018 and start rebuilding in 2019, things might have turned out differently.

Personally as much as I hate everything about losing and the draft and the way it works (rewarding weak teams on the field with good young talent) it looks like we are really doing a proper rebuild. We may even get rid of some players who still have some value too. Playing the young players , which we are doing , will see us lose quite a few games and badly some weeks . But our time of not bottoming out and being too competitive and finishing mid table has to stop. We need a team that can win a Premiership .I feel everyone's angst but it is time that we dive deep , maybe even for 3 years, and get young players in who are skilled and high end.
Go The Mighty Roos
Agree 100%
We need elite talent so badly
Richmond were terrible for 20 years then came good thro the draft.

From Robbo:

7. North Melbourne

Seriously, what was that? No Gawn, no Viney for Melbourne and yes, the Kangas suffered injuries as well during the match, but this was a Sunday night horror show. The mini break isn’t ideal for any team and the Kangas made it look like a death sentence. There are holes everywhere. Luke McDonald had his second consecutive week of 30-plus disposals. They need those disposals from a player playing midfield-forward and not in the back half. He had 33 and two score involvements, while Melbourne’s Christian Petracca had 29 and 12 score involvements. North is in a galaxy of pain and major list changes are coming, we know that. It’s just a matter of how savage they are.

So what was it?

A Tank or Poor Coaching?

Goldy on the wing. Higgins not on the ball. Playing 3 Tall Forwards that can take contested marks but not kicking long. Trying to play a keepings off style of football with a poorly skilled side.

So was it a Tank or Poor Coaching? Considering that the one game we needed to win this season was against Melbourne. :stern look

We're cooked and completely shot on confidence from most players. List management cuts are gonna be extensive by the looks of it...

I'mtrashed on Mercury hard cider (racked them from the cheese and kisses, who has a good rack), how did Kris Shore and Justin Perkins play'/?

I am staggered at the calls for Shaw to go in the GDT. Give him at least a draft FFS to undo all of the misdemeanours of the past few years.

Shaw cannot be blamed for the poor foot skills of Jy, Jed, Higgo, etc. That's on them.

As professional footballers, it is incumbent upon them to work on their skills with their line coaches and Shaw's role is to provide the game plan.

We've seen the game plan work. At the moment, we are simply not executing.

Throw Cunners back into the mix and this releases Jed/LDU and the whole midfield balance changes.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didn't we sack the line coaches?

It isn't half obvious given we can't transition from one side of the ground to the other.

did we have to sack the line coaches? Did any of the other teams? Was there an option to keep them? It seems a huge mistake and something we surely should have looked to try and raise money for. Given they are all most likely out of a job they would have taken a pay cut most likely.

I hope these campaigners are enjoying their QLD holiday while us poor campaigners in Victoria suffer.

I’m over the majority of players at this club. They are right now taking a dump on the jumper through their lack of effort.

If this keeps up the club will be getting a call where I seek my membership money back.

I’m not funding their fun in the sun. They can go get ****ed!!!

And if Ben Buckley writes another letter asking us to stick fat, he can go * himself too!

If he has any balls he will be right into these lazy useless campaigners, not writing letters to us.

This tripe is going to hurt this club long term. People will not invest their hard earned to watch a group of not only unskilled but ******* lazy pathetic players take the piss with their effort.

If these *heads want to kill this club after all the work that was put in to save it, then they are going about it the right way.

Last edited:
did we have to sack the line coaches? Did any of the other teams? Was there an option to keep them? It seems a huge mistake and something we surely should have looked to try and raise money for. Given they are all most likely out of a job they would have taken a pay cut most likely.
Yeah we let the line coaches go and kept the conditioning staff... 😕

With so many soft tissue injuries I hope there’s a review of that area at the end of the year..

Our poor club Doctor has been working 20hr shifts..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we let the line coaches go and kept the conditioning staff... 😕

With so many soft tissue injuries I hope there’s a review of that area at the end of the year..

Our poor club Doctor has been working 20hr shifts..
Funny that, based on dhhs all strength and conditioning guys would be working from telehealth if they were in Vic right now.
They can relay things through the medic staff and physios to oversee things.
Should have kept the line guys.

He had 8 tackles in 49% game time.
I love Anderson’s endeavour, you can’t fault it, but FFS he just about turns it over every time he gets it.

It’s not just him, but our turnovers are horrendous. Teams just play off us now and break forward because they know the turnover is coming. You don’t have to defend against North, they will inevitably just cough it up to you.

Yeah after 3/4 time I noticed he didn’t see much of it? He was our best player up until then!
He hasn't played for nearly a year, has barely run for the last six months and may still have lingering effects from OP.

I love Anderson’s endeavour, you can’t fault it, but FFS he just about turns it over every time he gets it.

It’s not just him, but our turnovers are horrendous. Teams just play off us now and break forward because they know the turnover is coming. You don’t have to defend against North, they will inevitably just cough it up to you.
He went off the field and we basically gave up.

From Robbo:

7. North Melbourne

Seriously, what was that? No Gawn, no Viney for Melbourne and yes, the Kangas suffered injuries as well during the match, but this was a Sunday night horror show. The mini break isn’t ideal for any team and the Kangas made it look like a death sentence. There are holes everywhere. Luke McDonald had his second consecutive week of 30-plus disposals. They need those disposals from a player playing midfield-forward and not in the back half. He had 33 and two score involvements, while Melbourne’s Christian Petracca had 29 and 12 score involvements. North is in a galaxy of pain and major list changes are coming, we know that. It’s just a matter of how savage they are.

Roobo's right about LMac. 30odd touches, most in the deep D50 and only 5 contested. Lots of sideways crab kicks and ring a ring a rosie handballs.

And before everyone comes at me, I'm not saying he wasn't one of our best, just saying the stats are not a true reflection of impact.

Tarrent 25, Higgins 27, Atley 17 mostly in the D50/bsck half and barely a contested touch between them.

We are so stagnant bringing the ball out, exacerbated by our s**t skills once we get it anywhere near the centre.

I'mtrashed on Mercury hard cider (racked them from the cheese and kisses, who has a good rack), how did Kris Shore and Justin Perkins play'/?
Kris Shore still playing scratchies with Ayden Kennedy and Perko looking like a young David Trotter.

But hang on, didn't brad scott do that in 2017, if the club allowed him to continue the gutting through 2018 and start rebuilding in 2019, things might have turned out differently.

Guys like you are the worst.

Don't get me wrong, you'd probably be a ripping bloke to get on the beers with after a win, but when things are tough and wins are hard to come by, it's all pissing and moaning.

Which I doubt makes you happy, and shits me to tears. Lose lose, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back