Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Anyone want to suggest the logic of having Hogan as emergency? He’s not good enough for best 22?
not sure exactly what the weather will look like after the WC game that was meant to be in a downpour? If it's drier than they thought, he comes in?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Doesnt look like its going to be too wet at this stage looking at the forecast and the fact that any rain this morning has been in small pockets that pass quickly.

Wonder if we see a late change
Probably will hold out until last possible moment. They have a run out/warm up before deciding? Ie Emergencies run out and warm up in case? Probably want to check out the ground and see if it’s slippery etc.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bottom line is we can't play Hogan twice in five days can we? Pittonet might be out with injury so resting Lobb against Carlton looks better than against Hawks.
I would go in as named tonight, play Hogan against Carlton and have tabs pinch hit in the ruck with Lobb having a managed rest.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
He played 10 WAFL games in the second half of last year.

Right now I don't know why he is a slam dunk to get a new contract. He seems to be a fair way down the depth chart, we will be needing to move on at least 3, and he will be out of contract.

Knowing the way we like to hold on to players as rookies, he will probably get at least one more year. But I hope he doesn't end up like North or Dixon.

Wasn't he playing WAFL reserves?

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe Hogan is included as back coverage with Ceglar & McEvoy both named. I’d be surprised if they were both playing, but if dry having one of them forward will definitely stretch us with O’Brien down there as well.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wasn't he playing WAFL reserves?
Played 3 reserve games and 7 league games. They weren’t all in the second half of the year. There were some early games then quite a few off. Back via reserves then league and exacerbation of the groin and back to rehab rinse and repeat for a few games at the end of the season. Was severely disrupted year and even in the games I saw live or telecast on TV he was struggling in the second half. I made a comment to that effect in one game and sure enough during the week Webber noted he is out due to exacerbation of his groin.

His body has really transformed. Can’t really go on his scratchie form (which has been decent) nor his 2019 WAFL efforts. He’ll get an AFL crack at some point at which time we can make comment on where he is at for list spot. He is highly rated by the club so can’t see him being delisted personally.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Maybe Hogan is included as back coverage with Ceglar & McEvoy both named. I’d be surprised if they were both playing, but if dry having one of them forward will definitely stretch us with O’Brien down there as well.

That’s a big plus for us. Ceglar AND McEvoy? Damn. I’m sure they’ll drop one. They’re both slow as, and not much difference to Darcy.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Played 3 reserve games and 7 league games. They weren’t all in the second half of the year. There were some early games then quite a few off. Back via reserves then league and exacerbation of the groin and back to rehab rinse and repeat for a few games at the end of the season. Was severely disrupted year and even in the games I saw live or telecast on TV he was struggling in the second half. I made a comment to that effect in one game and sure enough during the week Webber noted he is out due to exacerbation of his groin.

His body has really transformed. Can’t really go on his scratchie form (which has been decent) nor his 2019 WAFL efforts. He’ll get an AFL crack at some point at which time we can make comment on where he is at for list spot. He is highly rated by the club so can’t see him being delisted personally.

Agree he'll be making the team some stage and I'm bullish on him (albeit without much to go on.) Just pointing out that he's coming from a way back and the fact he hasn't played yet isn't necessarily indicative of how the coaches rate him.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
That’s a big plus for us. Ceglar AND McEvoy? Damn. I’m sure they’ll drop one. They’re both slow as, and not much difference to Darcy.
McEvoy tends to play back (or forward a bit lately). He'll dominate us if we bomb it long forward but becomes completely useless if we don't. Ceglar plays 80% ruck.

yakamoto

Club Legend
May 8, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Similar team structure to Richmond. They have more quick and explosive midfielders though. EG Martin, Bolton, Stack. Not sure we have any in that category.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
As some one might have said 'it's not ideal' but I think it does show good depth and that perhaps Duman has actually had a pretty good year to keep the kid out.
Not trying to take the mick I promise, but Duman keeping out 'the kid' who is almost 5 months older than him, is quite funny, and I think a common misconception as to where Watson sits in the pecking order. Watson dob early-Dec 1997, Duman dob mid-April 1998. Both started as rookies.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
McEvoy tends to play back (or forward a bit lately). He'll dominate us if we bomb it long forward but becomes completely useless if we don't. Ceglar plays 80% ruck.
Hopefully Jlo have learned. Sideway kicking, spread. McEvoy can help us in that they’re going to be slow out the back. Guys like Fredrick, Schulz and Colyer come into play. Even get Lobb on McEvoy and make him accountable. He should beat, especially for pace and in the air.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
We need guys who can stick their tackles on blokes who are bigger than them, and not have them just brush past while they flail around either on the ground, or watching them hand the ball off (or kick it forward). I think we’re very good tackling in the clinches, but not good tackling a moving player (not everyone of course).

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Weather is looking pretty good so far, hasn't been wet today as of yet. Watson really unlucky to not get in this week but Duman has been pretty damn good so far in my opinion, shows how much work and effort he's put in.

Hogan played back and got through this mornings scratch match unscathed according to Twitter. Sounds as though he won’t be a late in tonight.

I dunno if I like this or absolutely hate it!

The backline part not the got through healthy part.

Back