Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Hawthorn round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? That was my old number!

The stars have arced across acient celestial pathways in the most serendipitous way to align thusly.

I BLOODY LOVE NELSON!!

I want to make a placard and hold it aloft behind the goals in the WCE cheer squad (you have a cheer squad don't you? Not the ones that wear green on game day but actually adoring fans at the games?) that reads in crooked primary school level painted letters "Who is Nelson?"

Queue Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, its time for some Islands in the Stream!!

I dont see why Perth can't host a final? Certainly if Eagles earn the right with a top 2 or 5th/6th spot.
Eagles may need to fly in from somewhere else the week prior and stay in a WA hub to do it rather than being home. But so be it.

The only way is if McGowan gives special dispensation for WC to play teams in quarantine (which may mean 4-5 weeks of quarantine for the players, at home during finals)

But, if he was going to do that, then why not just allow FIFO AFL?

little-to-no chance sadly (sadly for football and WC - it is the right thing for the state).

I dont see why Perth can't host a final? Certainly if Eagles earn the right with a top 2 or 5th/6th spot.
Eagles may need to fly in from somewhere else the week prior and stay in a WA hub to do it rather than being home. But so be it.
Wouldn't that push the season back even further with quarantine issues?

There's just no way I can see them doing it TBH.

The only way is if McGowan gives special dispensation for WC to play teams in quarantine (which may mean 4-5 weeks of quarantine for the players, at home during finals)

But, if he was going to do that, then why not just allow FIFO AFL?

little-to-no chance sadly (sadly for football and WC - it is the right thing for the state).

Aren't we already doing FIFO AFL in WA? Vic teams fly in and play each other immediately in Perth. It would be no different for finals but Eagles would need to stay in a hub like everyone else.

Regardless of their location, finals will undoubtedly involve all teams being in hubs from start to finish.

I think the only way we can have a Perth final is if we finish 5th and Freo have a late season charge and finish 8th. Both teams fly back to Perth, play during their quarantine period, then the winner flies back to QLD the next week just prior to the SF.

I think the only way we can have a Perth final is if we finish 5th and Freo have a late season charge and finish 8th. Both teams fly back to Perth, play during their quarantine period, then the winner flies back to QLD the next week just prior to the SF.

Any why can't the same occur for any team other than Freo?
The key ingredient is Eagles need to quarantine in a hub too and can't just go home or back to Lathlain for training.

Any why can't the same occur for any team other than Freo?
The key ingredient is Eagles need to quarantine in a hub too and can't just go home or back to Lathlain for training.
Ask the WA gov, they've made every team that's come here this season go through another two weeks of quarantine even though they have completed quarantine in another state and have had regular testing.

Ask the WA gov, they've made every team that's come here this season go through another two weeks of quarantine even though they have completed quarantine in another state and have had regular testing.

I think they've still been permitted to play each other during their 2 weeks though havent they? Or no?
If they need to put in 2 weeks quarantine before even playing each other then yeah Perth is out.

It was probably an instinctive reaction sure, but leg kick out trip is a common thing with Shuey.

It's happened a 2-3 times before and he's been sanctioned previously.

Regarding Barrass, I'm not concerned, but despite Casbolt going scoreless, he still had 2 very gettable opportunities he missed. Convert those and Barrass's game is bad.

Regarding Cameron, he was bad and hasn't looked to be improving this past month, but I'm not so sure XON is the right player to replace him.

Particularly if Ryan is in doubt. We need our proper small forwards, not a mid or HFF coming in. Which only really leaves Treacy.

Cameron might once again retain his position solely due to the lack of suitable replacement depth :shrug:

A rest for Cameron wouldn’t be the worst idea. He looks tired, which given his lack of preseason is understandable.

Ah Chee would be nervous as well. To be honest I’m not sure we can carry both in current form & I’d prefer us to pump games into Cameron.

it is meant to be wet and cold on Sunday judging by the forecast. Not ideal, but at least we get some wet weather practice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not too interested in commenting on which players are more suitable to play in the next match. Instead, I am more interested in getting a big win starting from the next match. (as the change)

The current top six teams are competing for the top spots. With how even the current competition and I predict that the second place will be determined by %. The same will happen for the fourth place.

Unfortunately, at this point, we are weaker in % with 41 point difference against St Kilda. We shouldn‘t wait until playing North Melbourne to catch up with the %. Hawthorn game should be a good opportunity for us to have a big win.

in Gov and JJ

Out Rotham (unlucky) and Achee

JJ won’t be available. From last Tuesday’s injury update:

“Several other Eagles are further back in their return to play timelines, including hamstrung small forwards Jack Petruccelle and Jamaine Jones, who has appeared to suffer a minor setback.

"We’re still in the course of diagnosing that,” Vozzo said.”

Aren't we already doing FIFO AFL in WA? Vic teams fly in and play each other immediately in Perth. It would be no different for finals but Eagles would need to stay in a hub like everyone else.

Regardless of their location, finals will undoubtedly involve all teams being in hubs from start to finish.

Agree

I really hope the club and AFL have explored this with the govt.

It's a far better option for the club to quarantine in Perth and play teams flying in and out, than going back to a Qld hub for the rest of the season. And under the current rules, there's no reason it wouldn't be allowed.

The AFL makes more money with bigger crowds, it's win-win. I don't know why it's not really being discussed as an option.

I am not too interested in commenting on which players are more suitable to play in the next match. Instead, I am more interested in getting a big win starting from the next match. (as the change)

The current top six teams are competing for the top spots. With how even the current competition and I predict that the second place will be determined by %. The same will happen for the fourth place.

Unfortunately, at this point, we are weaker in % with 41 point difference against St Kilda. We shouldn‘t wait until playing North Melbourne to catch up with the %. Hawthorn game should be a good opportunity for us to have a big win.
The competition is just too tight to start factoring in percentage boosters.

Unless you play Adelaide or possibly North, every game is a hard one.

Hawthorn beat Carlton by 5 goals last week.

They're also unbeaten at Optus and touched us up there last year.
Thinking this game should be a percentage booster is fraught with danger.

Happy if we get out of dodge with the 4 points here.

It's a bit master vs apprentice in these ones to date.

That would imply the MRP work from left to right on that table.

I swear they work right to left at times.

Ie, lets give him a week, body, so it MUST have been medium and intentional. All checks out.

In Christians defence he does stay up late watching every possible minute of our games from every possible angle to determine key factors such as Could any contact have taken place in that situation? The answer is always yes. Does applying a component like height/weight differential or "likely to injure" make it seem more tangible?

Then he starts looking at that table and things start to get a bit blurry...just like the footage he will use to base the suspension on.

In the pre season Eagles had the idea that Tim Kelly and Dom Sheed would rotate between HFF and midfield. IMO we should look to try this again. It worked well in training. Didnt do too well in the hub etc but id like to give it another try, BUT we have to get someone else in the midfield rotation. That being Jackson Nelson. So what id do is

Rotham into defense long term
Nelson into midfield long term
Jarrad Cameron into reserves team long term
Sheed/Kelly into HFF long term
Ah Chee back to deep forward long term

In that case

IN: McGovern
OUT: Cameron

Could Treacy really do any worse than Cameron at this point?

Probably not to be honest. Treacy looked pretty invisible with the small amount we saw him in the nab, but he'd have improved. Tackle pressure is what we need.

I'd rather that change than bringing in another mid and hiding them forward.

It is not the mathmatical logic of Team A beats Team B by 5 goals and Team B beats Team C by 5 goals, then Team A will beat Team C by 10 goals. It is all about we need the % to be successful this year and we have an opportunity this coming Sunday. Can‘t do attitude does not help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back