Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Anyone know what the difference in roles are for Heath and Rob in our media team?
Should rob have been stood down in order to keep an extra footy staff as heath can do his role too

I know we have Thomas loftus who is our digital guy
Rob is Head of Digital
Heath is GM Media, Comms & Marketing

2020 has definitely left it’s mark on this football club in ways we can’t even put into words.

Not only will this be the first time in the AFL era that North Melbourne will miss finals for more than 3 consecutive years (you'd have to go back to start of our success in 1972 for the last time we achieved that feat) but we also add to another record that really sums up where we are at the moment.

We were amazingly locked in for 3 fixtures at the MCG last October for the first time in 10 years. That reflected the average decade we had in not genuinely contending for a flag. Every year not being where we wanted to be.
Well Covid put a stop to that.

Outside of the 2nd World War period (1941-1945), we have played at least one game at the ground going back to 1961. We have only gone 4 years in our existence in this league without playing at the ground. Strangely 1947, 1951, 1957 and 1961.

Unless something clicks in the next few weeks, teams around the 8 self-combust, we keep a healthy list together and go on a standard North Melbourne late season winning run, and finals are allowed back in Victoria by October - unless all that happens then we can add 2020 to this list.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

here is a write up about ex North (and others) player Bob Pascoe.
Before my time but those that saw North in the mid 60’s should remember him.
a good read imo

I think the term " built like a brick s**thouse " was coined for Bob. Man mountain. Just remember him.

What a great article 👍

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Clubs top 10 draft picks since introduction of G.C. & G.W.S. ( 2011 ) -

GWS - 21
G.C. - 19
Mel - 9
Bris - 6
Freo - 6
St. K. - 6
Coll - 5
Dogs - 5
Carl - 4
Port - 4
Adel - 3
North - 3
Syd - 2
Geel - 1
Rich - 1
Haw - 0
W. C - 0

Not taking into account f/s, n.g a.'s etc. these are what each club has had. So out of a possible 90 we have had 3.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

GWS - 21
G.C. - 19
Mel - 9
Bris - 6
Freo - 6
St. K. - 6
Coll - 5
Dogs - 5
Carl - 4
Port - 4
Adel - 3
North - 3
Syd - 2
Geel - 1
Rich - 1
Haw - 0
W. C - 0

Not taking into account f/s, n.g a.'s etc. these are what each club has had. So out of a possible 90 we have had 3.

9 years on, the top 6 on that list haven't won a flag.

here is a write up about ex North (and others) player Bob Pascoe.
Before my time but those that saw North in the mid 60’s should remember him.
a good read imo
I remember Bob pretty well,big strong goal kicking ruckman. As was said in the article, his brother Barry had to stand out of footy for a year as his Adelaide club wouldn't grant him a clearance. During this year Barry acted as North's runner and there was a really touching moment when Bob broke his leg and Barry was the first to reach him and he kneeled down over him and wept. The game was on the replay that night and we all felt very sad. Very disappointed when they left for StKilda, there were rumours of a betting scandal which caused them to be sacked but maybe they weren't true so won't go into detail but remember some North people being none too pleased with them at the time.

Seeing we have a Ruckman having a pretty good season, and we generally win the Tapouts and Clearances, and usually at least break even in Tapouts to advantage as well, i was wondering if there are stat's that measure the Clearance efficiency, or Clearance to Turnover ratio.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seeing we have a Ruckman having a pretty good season, and we generally win the Tapouts and Clearances, and usually at least break even in Tapouts to advantage as well, i was wondering if there are stat's that measure the Clearance efficiency, or Clearance to Turnover ratio.
If there is a stat for that then we are 18th. Guaranteed.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm gunna take a wild stab and say the measurement has the term "disposal efficiency" in there somewhere.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Champion Data don't release all of the stats they collect. It may be in there somewhere.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

GWS - 21
G.C. - 19
Mel - 9
Bris - 6
Freo - 6
St. K. - 6
Coll - 5
Dogs - 5
Carl - 4
Port - 4
Adel - 3
North - 3
Syd - 2
Geel - 1
Rich - 1
Haw - 0
W. C - 0

9 years on, the top 6 on that list haven't won a flag.

Q: What does this tell us?

A: Development takes time, a lot more time than most seem to think, but once it is reached it can be sustained for a significant period.

Back