Vent Vents and Regrets (2020 Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading out King just in time to miss his near ton. Just can't take a trick with rookies this season. My posts about them show I know the right thing to do but my actions show I don't listen to myself. My partner Laura's team has great rookies because I give her good advice and she takes it. I have lousy rookies because I keep second guessing myself when it comes to my own team

That 94 will be an anomaly though for the regal one. Back to his usual 60 this week.

It can’t get any worse....

Scraped my way to a paltry 1855.
That’s with 21 available players, and a so called triple upgrade, leaving me broke for no result.
Dusty, Duncan and Stewart.
I was so close to getting Whitfield last week, but held off for Dusty instead. Cue two huge scores from Whitfield.
Traded Devon Smith to achieve the trades who went on to score a ton.
Lost my cash league to some Kent who isnt even active anymore, but still had the C on Neale and had Devon.
You couldn’t make this s**t up!
* this game!!!!
* this season!!!!
* this year!!!!

Bailey Smith.
Average before I had him - 103
Average since I traded him in - 77
Always thought he was a trap but weakened and got him anyway. Only players with proven records over at least a full season for me from now on.
Might have to bring back my old and successful rule that all non-rookies had to have averaged at least 100 (fwd and backs) or 120 (mids and rucks) over 10 consecutive games at some time in the past 2 seasons to even be considered for selection.

Bailey Smith.
Always thought he was a trap but weakened and got him anyway. Only players with proven records over at least a full season for me from now on.
Might have to bring back my old and successful rule that all non-rookies had to have averaged at least 100 (fwd and backs) or 120 (mids and rucks) over 10 consecutive games at some time in the past 2 seasons to even be considered for selection.

I've been fortunate to dodge the Baz bullet. He's been in my side 3 or 4 times but has always ended up on the "Reverse Changes" cutting floor - more by good luck than judgement. Second year is tough, even for the ones who had a gun first year. Baz is way better than most, but like most, he has struggled to keep up his scoring. I'd still love to have him at North.

Still haven't closed the door on him - circumstances might dictate I grab him during finals as DPP adds flexibility.

Bailey Smith.
I got him in round 8, so the average I've gotten in 84. Still trash for $410k
Would be nice if they start winning a few games for some free upscaling

I've been fortunate to dodge the Baz bullet. He's been in my side 3 or 4 times but has always ended up on the "Reverse Changes" cutting floor - more by good luck than judgement. Second year is tough, even for the ones who had a gun first year. Baz is way better than most, but like most, he has struggled to keep up his scoring. I'd still love to have him at North.

Still haven't closed the door on him - circumstances might dictate I grab him during finals as DPP adds flexibility.
Yes even past stars have usually struggled in their second years. Players like Oliver and Cripps are the exceptions, not the rule. Smith's certainly shown what he can do and will be under consideration for next year's starting team.

I traded in Bailey Smith after his last ton and he hasn't got past 90 since, still an improvement on Rozee who I traded for him but not as much as I hoped.

I seem to have killed off ROB's form too since I traded him in, was averaging over a ton but hasn't got a ton since I've had him and last round got a paltry 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Freo fans but your club sucks big SC balls.... Sturt and Fyfe injury lies and now Watson being dropped for playing well.... Balls

This ^

Blind traded Watson in for Starc before the Lions game as I was thinking "surely he won't get dropped after last week".

Nek minit he gets dropped and the other rookie I was considering Sholl will probably stay in the Crows lineup and average 70-80 from here.

Can't stand Freo, can't stand these byes\scattered team annoucements can't stand this game. 😡

This ^

Blind traded Watson in for Starc before the Lions game as I was thinking "surely he won't get dropped after last week".

Nek minit he gets dropped and the other rookie I was considering Sholl will probably stay in the Crows lineup and average 70-80 from here.

Can't stand Freo, can't stand these byes\scattered team annoucements can't stand this game. 😡

Some of the 'little things' like this are starting to add up and take it's toll on our ability to keep improving our teams going forward. Similar story with me bringing in Hosie over Woodcock last week. Port supporters suggested Woodcock would only last a week, where as most north people thought Hosie should have decent JS for at least 3 rounds while Taylor is injured. Woodcock survived and killed it in his 2nd game whilst Hosie was omitted with North preferring to play fewer actual forwards, hence only 2 North players ended up kicking goals. With Cavarra being my F8, I'm now stuck with no forward bench unless I burn one of my few remaining trades on a sideways trade for a forward bench rookie who will probably be dropped a week later.

This ^

Yep, I did the same thing with Watson.... friggin' annoying!!!!

If there's any justice in this mad SC world, he'll be a late in.

Having said that, if he is he'll probably dish up a 20 Lol

Some of the 'little things' like this are starting to add up and take it's toll on our ability to keep improving our teams going forward. Similar story with me bringing in Hosie over Woodcock last week. Port supporters suggested Woodcock would only last a week, where as most north people thought Hosie should have decent JS for at least 3 rounds while Taylor is injured. Woodcock survived and killed it in his 2nd game whilst Hosie was omitted with North preferring to play fewer actual forwards, hence only 2 North players ended up kicking goals. With Cavarra being my F8, I'm now stuck with no forward bench unless I burn one of my few remaining trades on a sideways trade for a forward bench rookie who will probably be dropped a week later.
As a non-owner, it was painful watching Woodcock kill it against Richmond. Where was that performance against the Doggies you fraud?!?!?

As a non-owner, it was painful watching Woodcock kill it against Richmond. Where was that performance against the Doggies you fraud?!?!?

he played well against the doggies though not as well as against richmond. The reason I didnt pick him was that Ebert who he replaced missed a 2nd week with his concussion but now he seems to have secured his spot regardless. On the plus side he will only be 140k or so it you still need him.

This always happens to me with port rookies from the time I selected Eddy over Houston. There was another example that I cant remember now.

When you say improving our teams does that include upgrading Willo the spud to Hurn the spud for less points? :sick:

he played well against the doggies though not as well as against richmond. The reason I didnt pick him was that Ebert who he replaced missed a 2nd week with his concussion but now he seems to have secured his spot regardless. On the plus side he will only be 140k or so it you still need him.

This always happens to me with port rookies from the time I selected Eddy over Houston. There was another example that I cant remember now.
I had the same thinking re Ebert... I'm done with small forwards now. Screw em'! (Except for Aarts, he's served me well the little nugget).

Gees Eddy, forgot about him. I got sucked in too :drunk:

I had the same thinking re Ebert... I'm done with small forwards now. Screw em'! (Except for Aarts, he's served me well the little nugget).

Gees Eddy, forgot about him. I got sucked in too :drunk:

yes his js was supposed to be better as port was missing their key forwards for a long time but jasper ******* pittard would be back to takes houstons spot.

Like I said above War and Peace.....

Last edited:

Your warning about Ebert coming back was a major reason I decided not to get him, but I still think you're right and feel he's a trap. There is the Ebert factor but as well as Woodcock played he only added about 21 points from midway through the second quarter and 6 of those were after game scaling.

What does annoy me is that having decided against him I felt that WWalker was the best option, but to afford him I had to trade out Pickett. Less than an hour after the Richmond game started it was announced Walker would be dropped. Wasted trade because of this crazy and unnecessary policy of not announcing teams until 6.20pm the night before the game is played. :mad:

Your warning about Ebert coming back was a major reason I decided not to get him, but I still think you're right and feel he's a trap. There is the Ebert factor but as well as Woodcock played he only added about 21 points from midway through the second quarter and 6 of those were after game scaling.

What does annoy me is that having decided against him I felt that WWalker was the best option, but to afford him I had to trade out Pickett. Less than an hour after the Richmond game started it was announced Walker would be dropped. Wasted trade because of this crazy and unnecessary policy of not announcing teams until 6.20pm the night before the game is played. :mad:

Well now you know always do the opposite of what I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back